It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is needlessly sacrificing your child, as God did, child abuse and murder?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Ya think???

This is part of the reason I have never been a full believer. As a mom I could never.....ever think of sacrificing my child. A parent would never murder their child, not for the love of anyone, including God.

That Andrea Yates killed her kids and said God told her to, she is in prison for it. I would consider it and any and all killing of children for any reason.....murder.

I don't know the Bible too well so excuse me if I get the names wrong. I believe that Abraham was told to sacrifice his child for God and was going to???? holy hell, when I was told of that story as a child I thought this God is a monster. Sorry Christians I know you love him. Apparently God didn't allow the sacrifice and saved Isaac, but seriously. If he is God then wouldn't he know who will stay by his side and who won't? Why torture people?

As far as what he did to Jesus well like I stated, as a parent that just makes me sad. Poor Jesus!

I go back and fourth on the God issue. I truly like most Christians, they are so kind and forgiving but man their God is what drives me away from their religion.

edit on 27-12-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

That's because no one factors in the deceiver/joker god. When trying to understand sacrifices. Once you factor it in you understand jinxes.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

XsweetNspiceyX
The father sacrifices for the son on the next go round. Before Jesus sacrificed for his father. Ra sacrificed for Nebo.

Jesus's dad is god, Jesus is just a prophet of his father.

For the longest time I thought Jesus was the biological carrier for the universe ie God head. But his father is the carrier of the universe.
edit on 27-12-2013 by XsweetNspiceyX because: (no reason given)

And lets not forget Cain for Enoch.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

XsweetNspiceyX
The father sacrifices for the son on the next go round. Before Jesus sacrificed for his father. Ra sacrificed for Nebo.

For the longest time I thought Jesus was the biological carrier for the universe ie God head. But his father is the carrier of the universe.

This O P is a moral question. Not one of logistics or carrier of the universe.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

brandiwine14
Ya think???

This is part of the reason I have never been a full believer. As a mom I could never.....ever think of sacrificing my child. A parent would never murder their child, not for the love of anyone, including God.

That Andrea Yates killed her kids and said God told her to, she is in prison for it. I would consider it and any and all killing of children for any reason.....murder.

I don't know the Bible too well so excuse me if I get the names wrong. I believe that Abraham was told to sacrifice his child for God and was going to???? holy hell, when I was told of that story as a child I thought this God is a monster. Sorry Christians I know you love him. Apparently God didn't allow the sacrifice and saved Isaac, but seriously. If he is God then wouldn't he know who will stay by his side and who won't? Why torture people?

As far as what he did to Jesus well like I stated, as a parent that just makes me sad. Poor Jesus!

I go back and fourth on the God issue. I truly like most Christians, they are so kind and forgiving but man their God is what drives me away from their religion.

edit on 27-12-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

Yes. The Christian double think or double standards of morality, one for their God and another more demanding one for man, somehow let them off the hook where they do not walk their talk. They are in a paradox and don't seem to know it.

Faith will drive away logic and reason.

Strange how women seem to know the right moral position on this yet most men, as you might have noted do not.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

XsweetNspiceyX

XsweetNspiceyX

No way am I bringing the non-canonical books into play. Things are confusing enough within the bible without adding fuel to the fire.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
If we view it in a purely figurative sense, it could mean something like:

"Having a child is in itself a sacrifice of that child".
Because you have to "let go" eventually and "trust God will protect them".

Anyone who is a parent should be able to get it.

Perhaps the message is that by "Trusting God", than God will reward them?

Just saying, it's worth taking a alternative view to see what may be.
Can look at this stuff in all sorts of ways.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

muzzleflash

So we should trust and have faith in an immoral God just to insure we are well rewarded. Yuk.

That is like selling your soul to Satan.

Why not just do good for goodness' sake?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Greatest I am

XsweetNspiceyX

XsweetNspiceyX

No way am I bringing the non-canonical books into play. Things are confusing enough within the bible without adding fuel to the fire.

Regards
DL

GENESIS hello?!?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

What does the thread title say?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Greatest I am

muzzleflash

So we should trust and have faith in an immoral God just to insure we are well rewarded. Yuk.

That is like selling your soul to Satan.

Why not just do good for goodness' sake?

Regards
DL

That's ridiculous.

I meant it was a explanation of how for example when you kid runs off to play, you cannot protect them all of the time from every danger out in the world?
It's not good for kids to be sheltered in a cage 24/7/365. Not to mention physically impossible and illegal.

You don't have to trust in anything though, you can worry constantly and fret about everything.
I don't like that lifestyle though so I choose to accept the Universe itself will happen whatever way it's suppose to happen. I'll do what I can but I know I can't control everything nor would I try.

posted on Jan, 1 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

XsweetNspiceyX
reply to post by Greatest I am

What does the thread title say?

Is needlessly sacrificing your child, as God did, child abuse and murder?

Regards
DL

(post by castlejennifer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by castlejennifer removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join