Some people care NOT how they got their chair, never admitting the game. Nope, they got that chair fair and square. They were in front of the chair
when the music stopped. They are better at walking around chairs and listening to music than others.
Nope. I know how I got "my chair." I went to college, got an engineering degree, and worked in menial labor jobs while many of the folks I grew up
with either got meaningless degrees in the liberal arts so they could party it up and still get a degree or grabbed the first job they could find with
whatever employer was hiring at good starting pay/extremely limited oportunity and wage growth positions.
I worked, I studied, and I lived close to the bone for 6 years. Then I lived even closer to the bone when I moved my ass to another state where the
job I wanted was. I waited until I had my feet under me before I got married and then we waited another few years before we started having kids to
make sure we had our feet under us and
had those feet on solid ground.
It's called personal responsibility and economic maturity. Instead of sitting around inventing excuses and attempting to create this giant boogeyman
that I can blame when MY plans didn't work out or MY efforts fell short, I simply tightened the belt, revised the plan, and doubled the effort. That
used to be called "The American Way," unfortunately the new American Way is sitting on your ass with your hand out waiting for a sympathetic soul
to forget you were just calling them a boogeyman and open their wallets to you either phsyically or via their vote.
so you did NOT get where you are on your own
Yes? No? I don't know? You're asking a loaded question, dude. Obviously I recieved things along the way...
A strong work ethic from my parents
A strong respect for personal responsibility from my parents
Ideas for my career path and understanding of that path from mentors
I have not recieved more from the IRS in "refund money" than I paid in taxes in any given year, however.
That check the IRS is cutting to 40% of the country according to the CBO... They didn't make that. They didn't pay for that. The other 60% of the
country did. They have us to thank for it, but instead we recieve nothing but greedy entitlement attitudes and whining about how it is never
But go ahead, view it all as a "game" if that makes it easier to accept personal financial shortcomings and avoid acceptance of personal
responsibility. The middle class will be here for the 40% until enough of us get fed up by it and make sweeping changes to the system, after that...
mmmmmm you never know what the future holds.