It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Federal Civil Servants: You May Be Next

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
From Nancy Altman at The Huffington Post:

Imagine that an employer wishes he hadn't paid you so much in the past, so he goes into your bank account and takes what he wants. Sound outrageous? That's essentially what the federal government may be about to do to its workers!

And if that doesn't make you angry, consider this. The rest of us may be next. The battle to protect the earned compensation of federal employees is everyone's battle.

The Budget Conference Committee, which formed as a result of the government shutdown this October, is scheduled to report on December 13. To meet that deadline, Senator Patty Murray (D-WA), chair of the Senate Budget Committee, and Congressman Paul Ryan (D-WI), chair of the House Budget Committee, have been negotiating a package behind closed doors.

Because Republicans refuse to require millionaires and billionaires to pay a single additional penny towards the common good, federal employees -- a group that has already sacrificed more to deficit reduction than any other group -- will reportedly be forced to sacrifice even more

It appears to satisfy trimming budgets and finding new sources of income, those who collect pension from the US may soon have your pension trimmed. Those who collect pensions from a private source may soon be next. Without voicing our concerns a deal will be made that benefits the big players at the expense of the little guy(those collecting pension).

I am not really sure what to make of this. It is one of many things that has been raising flags about the US government for me. They want more money and it seems their best strategy is to siphon funds from the working class.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
You know mom and dad are having a really rough time when they start breaking into little Ralphies and sissies piggy banks.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jrod

Dont get me wrong, they're entitled to whatever they paid in but that should be it.

After 20 or 25 years of work, government employees are able to retire with a % of their salary for the rest of their lives.

Who pays for it? The tax payer.

I wonder who thought this was a good idea? No doubt, it was the government. Why? Because it benefits them.

Forget about the fact that this bankrupting the nation.

Because Republicans refuse to require millionaires and billionaires to pay a single additional penny towards the common good, federal employees -- a group that has already sacrificed more to deficit reduction than any other group -- will reportedly be forced to sacrifice even more.

I hate this lady.

Why? Because like most statists, she will never suggest spending cuts, not even overseas.

Why would she? There are plenty of billionaires who could support retired government employees forever and ever and ever.

I'm not a billionaire but way too much of my income is confiscated in taxes.

But like Social Security, federal and other employer-sponsored pensions are earned benefits, not gifts or handouts. They are part of a compensation package, often explicitly negotiated for in exchange for reduced current pay.

How is it "earned" lady? Because they worked? Who doesnt work? Not to mention the fact that its on the tax payer's dime.

Reduced pay? Have you seen how much politicians "earn" for destroying our nation?

We find that while the average U.S. federal government employee makes $14,632 more in direct cash income than their private sector counterpart, at $74,436 versus $59,804, the extremely generous benefits with which they are also compensated boosts their real income margin by $26,632 over the average private sector income earner, putting their total compensation at $114,436 versus $87,804.

Whats wrong with this broad? Guess you can just write any old garbage and present it as fact?

Global military empire, Police State Industrial Complex, Obamacare, lifelong tax payer funded retirement... where does it end?

Whos going to take care of me when I retire? No one. Because I dont work for the government.

Man, I'm stupid. Let me go get a government job so I too can get on the gravy train.

edit on 9-12-2013 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Awww...now don't be so glum. If you turn that little frown upside down, it becomes a smile!

They just want to give us a wee little haircut is all. I'm thinking their aim is everything above the shoulders to start. Not that they're greedy or anything....

new topics

top topics

join