It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 lights in the Sky over Gilbert, AZ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Tonight, as I was getting ready to go to the store at 8:20pm and was backing out of my garage, I noticed three lights in the sky to the East of me. I did not think much about them at first, because the direction that they were coming from coincides with normal flight paths of jetliners that come to the valley.

I continued backing, and then thought that they were close together and brighter than normal plane lights that I have seen. So I took another look. To my surprise, there were now four lights. So, I got out of my vehicle, and took a better look.

The lights were close together and were in a diamond formation. Then, the one on the right began making aerial maneuvers that were not like any plane that I have ever witnessed. It started spiraling and going up and then down, and then almost looked like some sort of pinwheel motion. Then, all four lights, turned north and the one that was spiraling disappeared.

I found this to be strange, so I headed into the house to get my wife. As I was about to enter the garage, I looked back, and all four had disappeared. When my Wife came out there was nothing there, and I looked like I had been hallucinating.

Now, I know what I saw. The were not planes. There were no blinking lights, and they were a solid stripe-like light, rather then a nose light and tail lights. They were one big illumination.

So, before I start thinking I imagined the whole thing, what do people think this was? Did any other Valley residents witness this?

OK, thanks for reading, and have a good night!

P.S. No, I did not have time to pull out my cell phone. I was more amazed as to what it was, and was not thinking of recording it. When I came back out with my wife, I was going to record. However, the lights were nowhere to be seen.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

The planes landed...that's why they weren't still visible.

Also, local news doesn't have any reported sighting that I know of (was watching KPNX local news).

Nothing showing as breaking news on azcentral.com.

My guess? Normal holiday air traffic.
edit on 8-12-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

Well, nice try, but the airport was west of me.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

There is restricted airspace over where you live? Wow, I'm impressed.

The airport is south or my house by miles (north phoenix)....but I still get a ton of air traffic over it. Funny how that happens over a busy major metropolis.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by gavron

Well, nice try, but the airport was west of me.

If you are in Gilbert, the Phoenix Mesa Gateway Airport is east of you....on Power road and the SanTan

Not to mention the Chandler airport south of you on Queen Creek and McQueen.
edit on 8-12-2013 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Given the area, are you certain it is not these fine folk?

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

No restricted airspace. When I replied, your post only said that the plane had landed. However, unless it crash landed, it did not land mid air.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

The military is conducting flight training in the area.
I think it lasts all month long I had seen some sweet looking jets flying east of Queen Creek.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

It very well could be. If they were using a flare and it went out, that would explain it.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaneone

Nice. I will have to keep my eyes out for it then. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
There has been an increase of fighter jets taking off from Gateway. Also to consider is the bad weather we are having which is making the approach landings start off much lower. I won't tell you what you seen but today I have seen a blackhawk flying low towards Gateway like I usually do each day and at least two times today,(last was dark-thirty) twin fighter jets taking of towards Tucson.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

I have not witnessed a fighter jet at night.. do they glow? I know they are very noisy, and there was not any noise.

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Seems like when ever someone tells their story of what they have seen in the sky or experienced, immediately they are shot down and trying hard to debunk what that person has seen! Sometimes there are simple explanations. But, sometimes it is what it is, a Unidentified Flying Object!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The Arizona Skyhawks shown in Thorneblood's post were scheduled at the San Tan event but not until 8:45.
www.arizonaskyhawks.com...

Still searching for current news on the San Tan Balloon Glow.
edit on 8-12-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

Current mention www.eastvalleytribune.com...
edit on 8-12-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

I am thinking that is has to have been these people. That would be the only rational explanation. I still cannot explain the strange maneuvers that one made, even if it was part of this show. But all evidence points to it being part of it.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MarshMallow_Snake

7:19 p.m., September 17, 2016.

I'm blown away at what I just saw over the Gilbert skies tonight. . 3 lights in the shape of L. Then a 4th light soar m appeared and they began making specular spirals. The lights disappeared and never reappeared. I've searched all over YouTube and Google to see if anyone else has seen what I saw. I am stunned at what I saw and I'm anxious to see these lights again.

The spirals were almost light shooting stars, but there was no trail. Additionally,, the streaks were so magnificent and massive. They actually illuminated the sky.

I could go on and on, but I'm not sure if I'll be heard.

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hlcooper1

Congratulations on what sounds like a spectacular sighting. I ended up a member on ATS because of my sighting back in 2008, and like you was searching for others that may have seen the same thing.

Welcome to ATS

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Here's your answer or at least maybe part of it?

Plane crashes into Gilbert home; skydivers jump to safety

A small plane caught fire in the sky over Gilbert and Chandler and then crashed into a Gilbert home Saturday night.

The plane's four passengers — all skydivers, according to Gilbert fire Capt. Gary Hildebrandt — were able to bail out of the plane and land safely. The pilot, also a skydiver, jumped later and landed in a field about half a mile from the crash site. He was burned and taken to the hospital. His condition was unknown.

The plane crashed into a home in the 400 block of Baylor Lane near Gilbert and Ray Roads. The two occupants of the home were in the living room watching TV when the plane hit the house, but were able to get out uninjured, Hildebrandt said. The house caught fire, with plane parts hitting the house and backyard.

Hildebrandt said the pilot radioed in before the crash saying the plane's wing was on fire. The group was supposed to skydive into a Constitution Week celebration at the nearby Gilbert Civic Center, he said. About 50 skydivers were participating in the event, he said.

I live about two miles from where the plane hit. Yikes!

new topics

top topics

join