It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stairway To Heaven in reverse reversed ????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here's a weird one for ya...
Dutch performance artist Jeroen Offerman apparently spent 3 months learning how to sing Led Zeppelins classic "stairway to heaven" backwards.
He then filmed himself singing it backwards and then reversed the footage!
For those that don't know, back when it was originally released, "stairway to heaven" was said to contain demonic messages when played backwards
“Oh here’s to my sweet Satan. The one whose little path would make me sad, whose power Satan. He’ll give those with him 666, there was a little toolshed where he made us suffer, sad Satan…”
Myself, i dont really hear any of that, but i wouldnt expect to from this video.
But that has nothing to do with this thread, just thought i'd put it in there.

So here's the video recorded in front of St. Paul's Cathedral, London

But thats not all....
i found a video where someone has reversed the above video, so we can see how he did it!
So if im right, this is a reversed video of someone singing in reverse which itself was reversed to sound like "stairway to heaven!!!.... phew.

The reversed video in reverse....

Has this man created a new genre? Reversed esreveR music? Anyone?
im getting a bit dizzy here....

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is the perfect example of why I love humans.

You can be so interesting.

Not like the losers from my home planet...

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Funny this is the second time I replied but it never went up...

This song to me no matter how it is played tells the same story from two perspectives.

Great iconic tune that was over analyzed in the recent past (1980's).

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In college (almost 30yrs ago) we would play ST to Heaven backwards (a vinyl album on a turntable) and, yes this is not new news even though the video may be.

No animals were injured or harmed during this, no possessions, missed classes, failed tests or psychological evaluations were necessary.

However, empty beer bottles and sleep deprivation did accumulate.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Just curious... if the second vid is the reverse of his singing it in reverse, then why are the people not walking backwards in the background?

EDIT: NVM, I see I got it backwards, LoL!
edit on 12/4/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Does "Mind Blown" apply here?

I think I enjoyed even more the reversed version, where we can appreciate the work he put into it.

I'm sure a few other people will try that with other titles. It could be interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The boy done good.

He's got balls, I'll give him that.

Love how he still manages to sound Dutch when the vid's reversed...hehe.

How does that work?

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

If I saw that I'd look, stop for a second.. id at-least, the VERY least turn my head to acknowledge what it was.
most people will either flinch if they surprisingly find themselves in front of a camera (or someone filming themselves)
or, other people would make an effort to get out of the shot..

majority of people who walk past don't even look out of curiosity

the ones who do look, don't turn their heads, its like they're looking at something in the background.

awesome if true, but i dont think it is, personally!

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
This is a great example of both Awesomeness and a guy with way to much time on his hands Hahahaha

S&F

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
ouch!

that was cruel...

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
There is so many music with hidden information in it. The B-52's are a group with some interesting music.

Besides this all, i also remember clearly that I discovered that if you hold the Supertramp album Breafast in America in a mirror that it will show a weird creepy message that is telling us what will happen and when it will happen. I wrote an article about it on a Dutch conspiracy website:

www.quofataferunt.com...

That was on february 2011... I clearly remember it...

After that it became huge and many websites all over the world copied my article...

Anyways, so yes I am pretty sure there is more to music than meets the eye.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by roundpyramid

Now that is amazing!!!!
You discovered that?
As they say in America.... Awesome.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thom York with Radiohead did something similar back in 2001 with their track "Like Spinning Plates" from the album Amnesiac.

Apparently they listened to the song backwards and liked it better than forward, so Thom recorded the vocals while singing backwards. This resulted in the words being correct when they played the track backwards.

It created a really spooky vibe to the song.

posted on Dec, 5 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Yeah, now thats the stuff right there!
Love it.

top topics

join