It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limbaugh calls the pope a Marxist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Skyfloating
The Pope is no Marxist...he is a shrewd PR and Marketing wizard who knows how to get the gullible liberals to side with him.

What the pope needs to do is do what his boss Jesus said to do with valuables and riches, sell them. I'm no Marxist but I believe if you are going to live under a banner you should live by it. Jesus never said to hoard valuables, he overturned the tables of the money changers (people buying and selling merchandise). And told people to sell what they had, give it to the poor, and follow him. A simple message.

Most of us aren't going to do that. But most of us are not running around pretending to do the works of Jesus. Jesus said sell and follow him, not hoard gold like King Midas.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

It depends I guess on what you mean by hoarding gold.

If you mean simply saving so that you can take care of yourself into your old age, then I guess most of us are indeed "hoarding" although I consider that simply being sensible. To me, hoarding is keeping money and wealth above and beyond what you truly need. I will need that retirement savings to avoid becoming needy and poor myself someday.

And out of what's left over, I give what I can. A lot of people do.

But it's not for me to force the rest to give up what they won't, nor is it the place of government to do that, and if they are forced to give it up, they aren't being "Christian" because there is no compulsion in faith.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Logarock

sleeper

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by sleeper

Might as well ask any museum to relenquish its treasures too. Those treasures are preserved for a reason and its not so they can be sold at some Vegas pawn shop when we run short of cash.

Museums are private enterprises, the Vatican is based on charity, built on the doctrine of living simple lives bordering on poverty. Christian scripture is clear when it states the pursuit of treasure is unholy and the pursuit of piety holy. Sell whatever treasure you have and feed the poor with that treasure, that is what Christianity is about. The Vatican should follow its own tenets, they should be the example and sell their immense treasure and feed the poor.

Even if they did their critics wouldn't care. Just laugh at them. These admonitions of Christ are hard for the kingdom of mammon to understand anyway. Naturally they are going to sound Marxist to dyed in the wool mammonites. In fact I have know some that claim to be christian in nature, love the bible and the god of prosperity, blessing and favor but otherwise bristle at some of Jesus teaching.....just like the rich young ruler. And buy the way the rich young ruler guy was not the only person Jesus told to sell their goods and give to poor folks. Jesus loved to see a contempt for wealth.

As well many "christian capitalists" that call for the Vatican to do a wealth dump are simply testifying against themselves that they are children of mammon. But yes, its going to be hard for the Vatican to preach against mammon when much of their own power is based of financial weight that can be thrown around. But mammon isnt going to listen to a millionaire that walks away from that. Hes just a rank dumbass to them.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

It can be confusing for devote Christians, Jesus, son of God, the ruler of the universe. That is some big and rich kingdom. I'm sure God and Jesus don't live as paupers, why then would Jesus insist that his followers rid themselves of material goods?

I'm sure there is some deeper meaning there somewhere.

Nevertheless, if you choose to follow such doctrine, and expect others to, then follow it. The Vatican should divest its riches (mammon) and enrich others with the mammon. That doesn't sound right, but that is what it says in scripture.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It is my opinion that when spirituality and capitalism stride hand in hand, fellowship becomes a monarchy.

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

sleeper

Logarock

sleeper

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by sleeper

Might as well ask any museum to relenquish its treasures too. Those treasures are preserved for a reason and its not so they can be sold at some Vegas pawn shop when we run short of cash.

Museums are private enterprises, the Vatican is based on charity, built on the doctrine of living simple lives bordering on poverty. Christian scripture is clear when it states the pursuit of treasure is unholy and the pursuit of piety holy. Sell whatever treasure you have and feed the poor with that treasure, that is what Christianity is about. The Vatican should follow its own tenets, they should be the example and sell their immense treasure and feed the poor.

Even if they did their critics wouldn't care. Just laugh at them. These admonitions of Christ are hard for the kingdom of mammon to understand anyway. Naturally they are going to sound Marxist to dyed in the wool mammonites. In fact I have know some that claim to be christian in nature, love the bible and the god of prosperity, blessing and favor but otherwise bristle at some of Jesus teaching.....just like the rich young ruler. And buy the way the rich young ruler guy was not the only person Jesus told to sell their goods and give to poor folks. Jesus loved to see a contempt for wealth.

As well many "christian capitalists" that call for the Vatican to do a wealth dump are simply testifying against themselves that they are children of mammon. But yes, its going to be hard for the Vatican to preach against mammon when much of their own power is based of financial weight that can be thrown around. But mammon isnt going to listen to a millionaire that walks away from that. Hes just a rank dumbass to them.
edit on 4-12-2013 by Logarock because: n

It can be confusing for devote Christians, Jesus, son of God, the ruler of the universe. That is some big and rich kingdom. I'm sure God and Jesus don't live as paupers, why then would Jesus insist that his followers rid themselves of material goods?

I'm sure there is some deeper meaning there somewhere.

Not really deep at all strangely. But the question you ask is one that most often comes up when some are faced with the simplicity. And lets face it, nobody wants to hear it. It is actually the most repugnant thing Jesus ever taught. It rakes the nerves of rich and poor alike taken in its full measure.

As far a Jesus being wealthy in heaven, he didn't bring any diamond rings with him so to say. He really didn't come to establish a personal wealth program. He told his followers to sell what they had, give it away to the poor and act like a man that waits on his master. Well who's going to do that?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join