It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3rd Eye Meditation-Confused a bit...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey, I want to be more 'metaphysical' or whatever, so I'm trying to unlock that little pine cone in my head.

I want to be stronger and gain more control (personal issues, don't feel like explaining), so I'm trying to learn meditation. Well, recently found out that aliens are attracted to people with more abilities...and I want to see a ufo-so I tried a third eye meditation

The meditation said to look at center of forehead with eyes closed or something. Focus on that area..err but the pineal gland is located in the middle of your brain right?

Anyways :/ I just feel like I'm messing with the outside vessels on my head or something and giving myself an unnecessary headache.

What is the right way to do this?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

If you meditate properly and relax, you won't need to concentrate on anything. It'll happen by itself. Works for me

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
In my experience - ignore particulars of technique and just sit down for a while - really.

Forget about pine cones or colors or fuzzy vibrations in your forehead or happy places or power animals or what type of music to listen to or what incense to burn or thinking about anything - including enlightenment - if you're in it for any of that or you find yourself thinking about those things you're going to get frustrated quickly lol.

That is all "stuff" - meditation is an exercise in realizing that "stuff" is no big deal and that you can be okay without any of that. Meditation teaches you to create and participate in silence and space - which is very alive.

Meditation is about producing a quiet space inside and outside of you so you can think and act more clearly and consciously when life calls for it (like an emergency) or when you simply want to enjoy having quiet space (even with the world buzzing around you) - it's not about making more stuff to think about or becoming anything or attaining anything (IMO).

What matters is realizing that you can chill for (insert an amount of time) without feeling bored or anxious or itchy or tense or a variety of other physical and mental "stuff" - even when you are not sitting.

But - to start with - If you can sit for five minutes in a quiet room without having a single thought or irritation or anticipation - you're onto something that has eluded countless people - you've discovered a tool that every human being has and yet so few utilize - sanity.

It's like a muscle - you can strengthen it.
edit on 30-11-2013 by Floydshayvious because: boop

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Lunette
Hey, I want to be more 'metaphysical' or whatever, so I'm trying to unlock that little pine cone in my head.

I want to be stronger and gain more control (personal issues, don't feel like explaining), so I'm trying to learn meditation. Well, recently found out that aliens are attracted to people with more abilities...and I want to see a ufo-so I tried a third eye meditation

The meditation said to look at center of forehead with eyes closed or something. Focus on that area..err but the pineal gland is located in the middle of your brain right?

Anyways :/ I just feel like I'm messing with the outside vessels on my head or something and giving myself an unnecessary headache.

Sorry, a bit off-topic...
I'm finding it humourous that You've started a thread about an eye, and Your avatar is Lunette...

Å99

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Floydshayvious

This is about as good as it is; In Real Life! What you just said Bypasses everything and gets down to the core of your being! So 10,000,000 Stars To Ya!

Hopefully She is being serious though. It will not put you on Top of any Class, nor will you get Special Powers to impress people. All you will get is a better understanding of Yourself! First though, you will have to deal with your Ego! Most turn away at this point so do not give up yet!

First you will be Stripped of anything that is not Real! People will drop out of your life like Flies; it is a Good Thing! What is left doing this is what is real and needs your attention! If you make it at this point; You Can Do It, you will Feel that You are Going Mad! Well, Ego Is anyway!

Sure you Really want to do this Now? Sorry. This is not a Game! Once you do Start you will have to Deal with it! Have to be completely Honest with you, we do not like people who Play the Game! It's the WORST EVIL anybody can play!

Now, if your are Sure You Would like to do this.

Start by Reading the Above Post!

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

akushla99

Lunette

I'm finding it humourous that You've started a thread about an eye, and Your avatar is Lunette...

Å99

SHAME!

She did Use the WORD WHATEVER!

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused about what you're referring to, where it concerns my user name.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Lunette
I'm sorry, I'm a bit confused about what you're referring to, where it concerns my user name.

Lunettes, are glasses, in french...

2nd line

Å99

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

akushla99

Lunette

Å99

SHAME!

Peace

Take a chill pill tiger...Your eye seems to be blocked by something...

2nd line

Å99
edit on 30-11-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

infoseeker26754
reply to post by Floydshayvious

It will not put you on Top of any Class, nor will you get Special Powers to impress people.

New (special) abilities or extremely enhance abilities you did not know you had depends on the person do it not doing the seeking? But needing to impress people I agree. Who cares what others think.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Thats the hard part! We are Human, right?

You can not have Spiritually with out the Human part of it, it just does not work no matter what you try. Instead of seeing them different, one level vs. the other. Try to accept them as the same.

Same goes for God. God could care less what you do; that is a given. What He does Care is that you see what it is YOU DO! Even if you Was to take GOD OUT of the Picture. What is left?

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

akushla99

infoseeker26754

akushla99

Lunette

Å99

SHAME!

Peace

2nd line

Å99

I wish I could! Really, I do! Yet I am bound by the Path I take, or walk.

Crazy? NO! I would not TRADE it for Nothing, Period!

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

infoseeker26754

Thats the hard part! We are Human, right?

You can not have Spiritually with out the Human part of it, it just does not work no matter what you try. Instead of seeing them different, one level vs. the other. Try to accept them as the same.

Same goes for God. God could care less what you do; that is a given. What He does Care is that you see what it is YOU DO! Even if you Was to take GOD OUT of the Picture. What is left?

Peace

I am in a human body (biological machine). But what I am is not limited to this experience or what I have experienced in this life even if I still suffer from the amnesia. And what is human anyway? Even if I try to believe I am the same as everyone else it is not true. We are all different and unique in our own way on our on path. And to not say you have learned something that you had not know or forgotten/made to forget is a lie, so there definitely are levels of understanding any subject you choose to explore. Change is a part of what is. Embrace it and think and choose the path you want to take.

Even if god was not I would still choose as I have since I follow ideals not what I am ordered to follow. I am what I am, nothing more, nothing less. But since I am trapped a bit by fate and had to accept it to keep the ideals I hold dear, my so called my free will is kinda limited. But that is another story and that is for a later date in another place.

Namaste
edit on 30-11-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You Choose to be Trapped and that is all you need to know for now. You can never Be Trapped, just caught in a game really. Most see it as a game, led to believe this small Lie. Please do not buy into this way of thinking. Then You Get Played BY the Game and you do not get to move in it as you Freely Can!

So, take the advice given above and sit with it all the time! Actually pay attention to IT as you can bear! Don't DO Anything with it, just notice it! IT will do the Rest! So something Bothers you; sit with IT and ask for Understanding. IT comes up with something I all Crazy. You know what I mean Later! Hint, the Idea of Hell is Funny or what you were led to believe anyways!

What do you have to lose anyway? Take a week and allow it to be. Do nothing, just notice IT being There. Try not to put IT into any form, ideas, just say to yourself. I DO NOT KNOW! How IT shows Itself to you is actually for you only. Has nothing to do with others since it is They who have to Seek it Themselves!

Really, all IT does is changes you Understanding of things you Though was Fact and allows you to ask Questions! IT may come in a dream, day to day living or sitting there by Yourself. Even watching TV, being on the computer or on the phone. You will Know IT is talking to you because you pause for a split second, something happens and your mind actually catches it in that moment!

Then you have nothing but to say No Way, Crap! I actually heard something! Hey, it happens, hear something and don't think about it and depending on How you tune into IT, OPPS! Like I said, you can not be perfect, errors are the norn, IT understands! IT just got your attention even more!

Then you can at least Move, still having yet some Fear, but you ARE MOVING! Fear keeps you from moving!

Peace

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

I'd be looking to the post sled735 recommended, but I am curious about your motives.

Motives play a big role in how successful you plan to be - For example, you don't just goto a university or college and say "I'm going to major in all career paths"; usually, you'd pick a couple courses to study, and go on from there. You need to treat the meditation in a similar manner: Which aspects of gaining the "3rd eye" are you most interested in? For me, I focused on abilities that I didn't already have a fair grasp on - My studies were concentrated on astral projection, and psychokinesis.

How much success you have depends on what you plan to do with said abilities: For example, showing off in front of friends or using the ability to enlighten people might sound like a good idea, but in reality, your abilities will fail to appear until everyone is gone. Now, if you are using said abilities to prove to yourself the existence of something beyond, that is a different story.

It also depends on your mindset - To quote the ever-popular Boromir meme "One does not simply want psychic abilities for no reason". If you are going at this with a "oh, I just want it, and want it quickly" attitude, then sorry, but it's not going to happen. Your success will equal how much time and effort you put into it. For example, it took me years to have my first conscious astral projection - I had to practice for it as many nights as I could remember to do so. You have to want it, not to need it.

My shortened advice:
1. Meditation is a tool - used correctly, and you will learn much.

2. Focus on a couple areas that you want to work on (maybe it's only telepathy and telekinesis). Focusing on a broad range of abilities will not help, as more effort and practice would need to be done for each.

3. This isn't the movies, anime, or video games, so aim your expected output lower. You will not be able to do the following (probably ever, unless you somehow figure out a shortcut that no-one else can):
-Move large objects with your mind. Aka, no cars are going flying.
-Create a windstorm from nothing, or influence heavy weather (Oh wait, apparently I've been able to do that, because Michigan never gets any hurricanes - yay, proof at last!).
-Send fireballs down your arms.
-Controlling someone with willpower alone.

What you can expect:
-Moving a pencil or a psi-wheel (under a glass bowl of course, to prevent heat from explaining the rotations)
-Snuffing out a candleflame, or lighting one.
-Sensing someone's emotions or thoughts.

Good Luck!
-fossilera

PS: If I come across as "rude", it's because I'm a little biased. I regularly visit another forum where people go on and sometimes claim they have extreme X-men level powers (the one guy claimed he stopped a hurricane, hence the origin of my comment above), or they want to learn because "it might be fun". I don't mean to be, and if it helps, picture me as saying jokes after each part where I'm serious.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

infoseeker26754

akushla99

infoseeker26754

akushla99

Lunette

Å99

SHAME!

Peace

2nd line

Å99

Peace

Those who knoe, don't tell.
And those who tell, don't knoe.

Å99

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by fossilera

Thanks for your reply!

Well, for one-I really want to lucid dream. Complete power of my dream world :3 I have a great imagination and want to put it to use. ;3

Two, I want to see a ufo, and I've heard they are more likely to show themselves to someone who has a more unique mind set.

Three, I need better control, and meditation can help quiet that annoying voice(s) in my head that won't get out and stay out.

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

akushla99

infoseeker26754

akushla99

infoseeker26754

akushla99

Lunette

Å99

SHAME!

Peace

2nd line

Å99

Peace

Those who knoe, don't tell.
And those who tell, don't knoe.

Å99

You have to say something, or your just Playing the I'm Holy, your not game! She has to do the walking, all I do is show Her How I found my path.

Since it is Her path to walk Herself, again here is the Water. It is not My job to have Her drink anything whatsoever! If someone told you something that brought interest to your mind, You were told about it in their way of thinking. Now what the person Does with that info is up to them!

It would be Wrong to keep this info to yourself or to force it upon them. Your task is not to save anyone, only yourself and share it freely to the ones asking the Question. You would not get a question if they were Not interested in the first place! Since I do not hold any Keys to anything, what right is it of mine to say I have one?

All anybody can do is shine their Light so others who find themselves in darkness can see this. They either Ask or they don't, it really is none of my bussiness anyway! Until you ASK that is! If one would like to wonder why God is not Doing anything about anything; only concerned on what was told to them as a story changed so no one Can find out anyway, you are left with a Question.

Just Who's Job is it anyway, God's or Mine? Now if one would take out God from the picture; you will find it IS Your Job! Who is making the day to day chioces? You or God? How do you know what is actually good? It is said somewhere that even the kindness of Hearts actually does more harm then good!

Since you have no way to understand what it is Truely Good for someone else; unless you have a spare pair of their Lifelong Shoes, how Could you know? So you are back at the same Question over again!

Yourself! Nothing more. No matter How you frame the Question, it will always come back to Yourself.

Peace

posted on Dec, 1 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunette

I Think its "whatever" you are searching for, not anything metaphysical.

Do you have a key?

Anyways :/ I just feel like I'm messing with the outside vessels on my head or something and giving myself an unnecessary headache. What is the right way to do this?

Obviously no key,

Find a master to guide you if you cannot guide yourself and unlock your inner self so as to unite with your outer self.

Try a martial art if you want more self control and to be able to focus your thoughts. Any form will do if you are in it for the discipline and not the learned abilities.

If you are giving yourself a headache maybe stop being deceived by these third eye meditation guides and seek out something real, speak to real people about this, Find a Yoga instructor or Tai Chi instructor to help you gain control.

Don't do it because you want something out of it, you will only loose more than you brought in from the beginning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join