It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Sends Two B-52 Bombers Into Air Zone Claimed by China

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

So because an attack may come from Okinawa (which it wouldn't, it would come from Guam), China can set up an ADIZ over Japanese territory?

It. Does. Not. Matter. China set up an illegal ADIZ any way you want to slice it. The Senkaku Islands are currently Japanese territory. China can not set up an ADIZ in airspace that doesn't belong to them.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ken10

So because an attack may come from Okinawa (which it wouldn't, it would come from Guam), China can set up an ADIZ over Japanese territory?

It. Does. Not. Matter. China set up an illegal ADIZ any way you want to slice it. The Senkaku Islands are currently Japanese territory. China can not set up an ADIZ in airspace that doesn't belong to them.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States said on Wednesday it had advised U.S. airlines to take necessary steps to operate safely over the East China Sea as tensions between ally Japan and China increase over new airspace defense zone rules imposed by Beijing.

State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the United States was trying to determine whether the new rules, which require airplanes flying near contested islands to identify themselves to Chinese authorities, apply to commercial airlines in addition to military aircraft.

NRT (Tokyo) is a big international hub for trans-Pacific flights coming from all over the world; have to wonder 'if' the Chinese want to play hard ball how much they will end up messing with the jet airways and traffic in and out of NRT? Doubt it will be pressed that far but, if hostilities start many international flights will have to find a new hub. NRT is like MIA, ATL, Dallas, or Houston where flights come in to make connecting flights for passengers and their final destinations. This could end up being a big mess without a shot fired.

You (airline) file (s) your flight plan and are enroute to NRT and call the Chinese equivalent of ATC and they say sorry we can not approve your flight through our airspace due to (?)... It has happened before during 9/11 in the states.. Again not saying this road is where we are headed just some speculation.

U.S. Vice President Joe Biden will raise the issue during a visit to Beijing next week, senior U.S. officials said. Biden is set to visit China, Japan and South Korea during a week-long trip.

Golly Gee we are sending shotgun Joe that will fix them !

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Better to be safe than have another KAL007. As for Biden, the trip was already set up long before this happened. He was heading to Japan, Korea, and China.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

ken10
Of course we'll believe the US that they never communicated with the Chinese to identify themselves.

We will never know unless a plane gets shot down.

China says the US didn't, but that they "monitored" the bombers. This is Japanese airspace, if China did anything it would end very badly for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

With the relative speed of technological advances it is no longer safe to assume that any nation the size and strength of China is going to rely solely on what we know they have when dealing with an adversary like the United States. This also applies to Russia and much of the Middle East.

The advent of drone technology combined with everything we have already accomplished with bio-technology can lead to devastating results. They are also known to have a serious cyber force that has repeatedly shown its ability to break into some of our most secure networks and copied information. It has even been shown that they have hit major corporations and research companies all over the world digging through files and taking patents.

There is no real way of knowing exactly what they are now capable of. They have the money, technology and mentality to do whatever they find feasible and effective.
edit on 27-11-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04
This is Japanese airspace, if China did anything it would end very badly for them.

I agree with you on this ... and I believe the event would occur very suddenly. There's not going to be any build-up to a conflict with China and the US (or a US ally).

I wish Biden would tell China, that in the event of further provocations, the international community will appoint Japanese military officers as governors of their country.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Korea is pissed too, because part of this ADIZ goes over a reef that's disputed between China and Korea, as well as passing through a 70 mile by 12 mile portion of a Korean ADIZ that has been there for years.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Snarl

Korea is pissed too, because part of this ADIZ goes over a reef that's disputed between China and Korea, as well as passing through a 70 mile by 12 mile portion of a Korean ADIZ that has been there for years.

Yes, they are. It's all over the local news here.

Too bad for Japan that they are in a dispute with Korea over the Dok Do islands. Japan and Korea hate each other almost as much as Japan and China. Lots of unsettled feuding as a result of WWII.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

I've got the feeling that while this won't suddenly make Japan and Korea love each other, this does very easily have the potential to get Japan and Korea at least playing well with each other.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Ummm no. They are just now putting into production copies of US technology that is 30+ years old. Not to mention simply having the tech is not enough, you need to understand the tech and how to use it. In 20 or 30 years they may be a threat, right now they are indeed a paper tiger, wet paper. The US should really start taking a hard line stance against the espionage you highlighted, otherwise it will not stop.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Snarl

I've got the feeling that while this won't suddenly make Japan and Korea love each other, this does very easily have the potential to get Japan and Korea at least playing well with each other.

I hope they figure something out for my sake.
If China kicks the Japanese hornets nest, it would be a very good distraction for the North Koreans to make a move. The net result of that could be the loss of the entire Korean Peninsula.

I know the Pacific Pivot has been on the books for decades, but so does everyone else, and I don't think America has the leadership in place to pull it off. This whole situation could get very messy very quickly.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Snarl

Zaphod58
reply to post by Snarl

Yes, they are. It's all over the local news here.

Too bad for Japan that they are in a dispute with Korea over the Dok Do islands. Japan and Korea hate each other almost as much as Japan and China. Lots of unsettled feuding as a result of WWII.

This is exactly the type of situation that could draw two enemies closer though to stand against a common foe. Time will tell.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

The US should really start taking a hard line stance against the espionage you highlighted, otherwise it will not stop.

I don't know if this subject has been covered in much detail here on ATS (I'll have to look it up). The Chinese making copies of our technology isn't much of a threat except from outward appearance. I'm sure they've gotten a leg-up on certain things, but full-performance software is often the most highly guarded of our military industrial capability.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Snarl

OccamsRazor04

The US should really start taking a hard line stance against the espionage you highlighted, otherwise it will not stop.

I don't know if this subject has been covered in much detail here on ATS (I'll have to look it up). The Chinese making copies of our technology isn't much of a threat except from outward appearance. I'm sure they've gotten a leg-up on certain things, but full-performance software is often the most highly guarded of our military industrial capability.

It should not matter if the Chinese end up with anything. The fact they TRIED is an act of war, and should be treated as such. It should be known the US will respond decisively should China not contain itself. A month long full trade blockade should get the point across. It will also get companies looking to move overseas to choose a less aggressive country to get into bed with.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

The Pacific Pivot is a joke. They have no plan, no leadership in place, and haven't moved anything yet.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Naaahhhh ... It's just espionage. Everybody does it. If we went to war every time it happened we'd look worse than we do already.
But, I like the way you think!!

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Snarl

Naaahhhh ... It's just espionage. Everybody does it. If we went to war every time it happened we'd look worse than we do already.

No one does what China does. A blockade is not war any more than espionage is. China lacks the ability to break it.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Snarl

The Pacific Pivot is a joke. They have no plan, no leadership in place, and haven't moved anything yet.

Well ... they had a plan. They didn't dust it off and update it. I think events in the ME had a lot to do with the timeline. And we agree that what IS taking place is a joke.

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

OccamsRazor04

Snarl

No one does what China does. A blockade is not war any more than espionage is. China lacks the ability to break it.

Some folks would disagree with you. Blocakdes are an act of war. However, if TPTB are offering China enough rope ... and they're willing to take the bait ...

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Snarl

OccamsRazor04

Snarl

Some folks would disagree with you. Blocakdes are an act of war. However, if TPTB are offering China enough rope ... and they're willing to take the bait ...

You missed the caveat .... "any more than espionage is".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join