It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grab Your Tissues - Father/Daughter Wedding Dance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't get misty eyed very often but this did it for me. My father is currently pretty ill and I am thankful he could make it to my wedding and even more thankful that as a woman in my 30's he is still with us.

This is what family does. This is what being there for those you love is.

There is no particular reason I shared this, I just figured some of you may find it touching.

It's heart warming, sad, and beautiful all at the same time.

ETA Description - The bride's father had recently passed away. The bride's brother sang the song they were going to dance the father/daughter dance to. Male members of the family/guests stepped up and took turns dancing the dance with her since her father could not.

edit on 11/25/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Yep, I'm crying now. My daughter is 11 years old and I don't think I'll be there.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Trueman

Yep, I'm crying now. My daughter is 11 years old and I don't think I'll be there.

There's not much I can say to that. I am not sure if you have a condition or if it is just a feeling you get but I do hope and pray that you can be there for her.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I lost my daughter's faith in me last week,

"With all that I've done wrong I must have done something right"

I may not get to dance with her at wedding, but my friends have all been emailed this clip and promised to dance with her for me.

I can only hope I'm the last one to turn up and that she dances with me.

Thank you, it would be the best moment in my life.

Cody *Sniff*

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

cody599

I lost my daughter's faith in me last week,

"With all that I've done wrong I must have done something right"

I may not get to dance with her at wedding, but my friends have all been emailed this clip and promised to dance with her for me.

I can only hope I'm the last one to turn up and that she dances with me.

Thank you, it would be the best moment in my life.

Cody *Sniff*

Hopefully she will come around when that times comes. I remember not being real happy with my dad either... until I matured a little bit. She has to reach a point where you are her father and not a super hero incapable of mistakes.

I see your posts and it seems impossible to me that she could never have faith in you again. She will see what others do in time.

top topics

join