It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Running a red light, Australia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
So basically, myself and my girlfriend went out for dinner this evening and on the way home I accidentally ran through a red light, I actually slowed down basically to a complete stop and for some reason thought it had changed then proceeded through the red light with the fixed camera flashing as I ran the red light,

So what I would like to know is if anyone knows how many points I will get, or is it different for P platers to full license holder

I read that it is 3 points I need some confirmation as I only have 4 at the moment and really cannot loose my #ing licence

thanks all help appreciated

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by kangajack

I'm thinking that would depend on which state you live in.
best thing to do is google, penalty for running a red light (in your state) and find out.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by keenasbro

No worries just tried this now kind of getting me closer, by the way I am in NSW.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

kangajack
So what I would like to know is if anyone knows how many points I will get, or is it different for P platers to full license holder

I read that it is 3 points

$405 fine, 3 points

TRAFFIC CONTROL LIGHTS
Not stop at stop line at red light $405 3 Road Rules 2008 Rule 56 (1)(a)

Now if you were speeding as well....

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

which if it was a red light i must of been? but I was at basically a complete stop talking away then for some reason thought it was good to go and went out literally 3 seconds not even before it changed green but it did flash me

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   

The scheduled fine is $490. Your fine should be close to that. Traffic school will add about $50, plus the cost of the school, but will avoid the DMV point and any insurance consequences. You can take care of it all online. Find your court here and follow the traffic link:

This is the expense of running a red light in California USA. It is so cool that Austrailians actually get points!

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

ecapsretuo

The scheduled fine is $490. Your fine should be close to that. Traffic school will add about $50, plus the cost of the school, but will avoid the DMV point and any insurance consequences. You can take care of it all online. Find your court here and follow the traffic link:

This is the expense of running a red light in California USA. It is so cool that Austrailians actually get points!

Do you get a disqualification plus a fine?

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

ecapsretuo

Why are points cool? 12 points and you lose your license.

He just lost 1/4.

On a double demerit weekend the cops brag about taking twice as many.

It's just more to the fine, adding to the penalty.

Oo

haha not a score card.. oO

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
they gottcha over a barrel now,,,,Game Over.....

top topics

join