It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Education System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The education system is the main reason for the current state of the inner cities. The crimes, drugs, and violence could be dramatically reduced if quality education was given to the children as early as preschool. The reason inner city children don't take education seriously is because the government doesnt. Think about it. If education was really important than why is it that most inner city schools have out dated books, or they dont have enough books at all. Some of the teachers are their to just get a check instead of building the children. And to top it off students stop becoming students if they have exceptional athletic talent.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[edit on 18-11-2004 by invader_chris]

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
good thought, I think it's kind of stupid to keep school books for abot three years and then make new ones, so much can happen during three years and I wouldn't want to miss it, also I want to add that my school has been keeping the same books for four years, pretty dumb, the books arent even challenging.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Being from an Inner City, South Central Los Angeles to be exact I would like to share my observation. I am in my senior year in high school and I have noticed this, we use the government as an excuse of our lack of quality in schools. We sell drugs because our low wage parents leave the home 5:00 leaving the streets to raise us and dont come home until 9:00 giving the street extra hours after school, to insert there philosophies into our young influential minds. We go to school to socialize. I watch my fellow students, they dont attempt to concieve what education is offered, because our parents dont stress education, but the streets do stress gangbanging, and drug selling as a essential in living in the "hood". I was close to gangbanging myself in my younger years, but what truely kept me from that bad decision was the love of my fam. My friends, my pops, moms, and uncle who is a gangbanger, but he is now in his late 40's and from his struggles you can see the downfall. But most students dont. They see the glory of gangbanging, the respect, the attraction of girls, and peers. Again to conclude my statement, I dont blame the government for all our inner city problems, but I blame our dramitic change of parential intergrity.

top topics

join