It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policy Question: Banned Members and Collaborative Writing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have a question:
If I partner with a known "banned" member and we collaborate our writing to post here on ATS (the only reason ATS would know is because I believe in giving credit), what is the policy regarding that?!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Unfortunately, I could not allow such a posting.

At least not from the perspective that you would be providing credit or discussing that member.

With that being said however, members who have been banned, are mostly welcome to rejoin under a new name and start over again.

Send me a PM with the details please.

~Tenth
edit on 11/16/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/16/2013 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If there is a policy covering that, as it is something you do in your off-line time or at least away from ATS, then I would really be surprised. But I have been surprised before.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

lol. Color me surprised.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
See my above edit.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

15d.) Cross-Posting: You will not cross-post content from other discussion boards (unless you receive advance written permission from TAN or their agents). [n]You will not post-by-proxy the material of banned members or other individuals who are not members, but have written a response to content within a thread on these forums.

Unfortunately, I could not allow such a posting.

At least not from the perspective that you would be providing credit or discussing that member.

With that being said however, members who have been banned, are mostly welcome to rejoin under a new name and start over again.

Send me a PM with the details please.

So...just forgo giving credit is ATS stance then? Just write it and leave out the credit? It isn't a "cross-post", as the piece is original.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I was referring to the bolded part, sorry, the tags didn't stick properly.

In any case, since this issue is best handled between me and you, I'm going to close this thread.

Just send me a PM with the info and I'll see what I can do.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So, if I understand correctly and if not please tell me so, if the banned member were my brother and we were sitting at my bedroom desk and we collaborated together on a piece then I would be forbidden to post that piece? Just trying to understand the rules, not trying to push the boundaries or anything.

top topics

join