It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How JPMorgan's Latest PR Stunt Blew Up In Its Face: a twitter meltdown

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Update: In a shocking turn of events, the FT reports that JPM just canceled the #AskJPM event. The bank said: "#That idea back to the drawing board."

Today, in what is a clear attempt at faux transparency and social media openness, JPM tweeted the following:
Tomorrow at 1pm ET $JPM Vice Chairman Jimmy Lee takes over @JPMorgan to answer your questions for 1 hour. Tweet your Q early using #AskJPM....

How JPMorgan's Latest PR Stunt Blew Up In Its Face

In what is possibly the funniest event on the net in the last week, the totally disconnected management of JPM has shared its generous nature to the peasants in giving us their time to ask for public QnA.... now where is the 'cake'...?

so what would you like to ask JPM.... well here are some of the good ones :

Bas Bleu ‏@LaBasBleu 1m
Did you actually meet Satan, or did you do everything via email? #AskJPM

Stavros ‏@ubipages 3m
Can you provide information on a deal, so I can trade the underlying security before the said information is made public? Thanks. #AskJPM

Jesse B. ‏@jayberjay 4m
#AskJPM Tide rolled out. Guess who was swimming naked

TP ‏@minimage 5m
#AskJPM For those who may now be embarrassed to be your customers, what similar (but less corrupt) financial institution would u recommend?

Ben Mortimer ‏@montimer 6m
Ever wanted to watch social media marketing crash and burn in real time? Check out the #AskJPM responses

Z ‏@ZinWisc 1m
#AskJPM Is it true that JPM and prostitutes are merging so they can screw the American people more efficiently?
and one of my favorites :
"@thetomzone: Quick! You're locked in a room with no key, a chair, two paper clips, and a lightbulb. How do you defraud investors? #AskJPM”

Trully something all ATS would enjoy... make sure to read comments

edit on 14-11-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

edit on 14-11-2013 by R_Clark because: Grammar

edit on 14-11-2013 by R_Clark because: added a tweet

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Awesome. Just awesome.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Mon1k3r

nice Avatar!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What gets me is the fact that they act like they are truly surprised when something like this happens. Who would be surprised that so many folks wouldn't be waiting with open arms after they've been shafted???

Delusional doesn't even begin to cover it.

It is nice to see so many other people waking up to what is going on around them. There was some comedy gold in there for sure.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Oh man...that's fantastic...so much fun to read through the twitter posts.

It almost gives me hope for America...But then I realize it's already too late & JPM doesn't "really" care what we think...they just wanted to try & angle for some good PR.

I'm happy that it tanked on them, they deserve much worse.

You know, sometimes, it's the little things in life...
Like a brief chance to tell a pack of blood sucking parasites exactly what you think about them.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
JPM buy Twitter shares.

JPM go on Twitter to cause 'meltdown' and publicity.

Twitter shares increase in value.

JPM sell Twitter shares.

JPM laugh at muppets.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Maybe we can get Jimmy Lee on the next ATS AMA!

I promise to be on my best behavior. And if I may speak on behalf of the ATS family, we will all be on our best behavior.....pinky promise

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

khimbar
JPM buy Twitter shares.

JPM sell Twitter shares.

JPM laugh at muppets.

Well, that was fast. JP Morgan has acquired a significant amount of Twitter shares through secondary markets and is in talks with Twitter for a direct investment, the WSJ says. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Looks like JPM just got a rather rude awakening to the realities of social media. It's a rough world out here and people aren't nice and fuzzy or butt kissing like a board room.

Now I want to see Obama, and Sebelius and Holder go up on a Twitter or Government sponsored Ask Me Anything format that is equally open to the true questions, not the spoon fed ones, people would pose.

Oh, I'd actually take off school to catch that if schedules conflicted. lol... I'd never miss it!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
People could quit using JPM as a bank or they can talk trash about them on twitter. JPM has lots of customers who will just keep banking there because most have no clue as to reality. They just believe whatever they are told. In today's world it is mostly a selection from a group of equally corrupt businesses so change is not easy to come by.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Comedy GOLD! This truly shows that the best comedy is unscripted. Screw JPM, they got what they deserved for trying this stunt.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Rosinitiate
JPM buy Twitter shares.

JPM sell Twitter shares.

JPM laugh at muppets.

When I read this....

khimbar

Well, that was fast. JP Morgan has acquired a significant amount of Twitter shares through secondary markets and is in talks with Twitter for a direct investment, the WSJ says. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

I knew I'd read this soon after.

These people are only concerned with making money and controlling the game. They are very good at it too. I would bet anything I had on the fact those execs at JPM don't give a flying F*CK about that twitter feed. I bet the good PR angle was secondary to the buying of twitter stocks and inflating the price. When will people realize these guys don't need to care about good PR and what we think...they bought the system a long time ago and can and will do whatever they want.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

dang your avatar...where's that card game thread now?

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Can't manipulate the thinking masses that are not TV news watching drones. That's why they wanna shut down the free net.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

While I was mightily humored by the #AskJPM tweets, the fact that they thought it might go well is really quite startling and indicative to me, at least, of how far removed they are from how they are actually perceived. When one surrounds themselves with people who are afraid to question or share negative information about, it kind of turns into an "Emperor's New Clothes" moment where everyone can plainly see something but no one dares tell the Emperor. That's pretty scary as it points to a false opinion on public perception of oneself along with kind of confirming that we are truly ants to these people.

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Oh wow, these are highly imaginative, and I've now had my laugh for the day!

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Funny how CNBC plays it:

Twitter troll swarm sends JPMorgan running.

A troll? Perhaps some - but really it is people telling the truth. Appears JP Morgan doesn't like it when people ask real questions.
edit on 14-11-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Brilliant, I swore I'd never bank with the bastards, then they bought up my bank after the collapse.

Some of my favorites:

'What's it like working Mexican drug cartels? Do they tip?'

And

'Sorry we ruined your hashtag event. If you could just apologize for your plunder of the global economy, I think we'd be even.'

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There are literally not enough people to pay as shills to cover that mess

Props to JPM for even trying it though, stupid as it was, they did it and that it pains me to say, gets them the smallest possible amount of respect. like, um, an ant's 'thumbs up' lol

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
JPM will regrettably make money off of this debacle, but darn if some of the tweets are funny.
My two favorites:

ed sanders @e_d_sanders
Does the sleaze wash off with a regular shower, or do you have to use something special like babies tears? #AskJPM
7:58 PM - 13 Nov 2013

RORER 714 @RORER_714
What will next Thursday's LIBOR rate be? #AskJPM
6:34 PM - 13 Nov 2013

Check out this video, lol.

edit on 11/15/2013 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join