It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soyuz Video Shows Wild Ride Astronauts Experience Inside Russian Space Capsule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I've always wanted to see more footage from the Soyuz spacecraft than we're usually shown, so you can imagine how happy I was to see this:

How does an astronaut return to Earth from the International Space Station? What does it feel like to re-enter the atmosphere? How does the Soyuz capsule function? Watch and find out. This video is based on an actual lesson delivered to the ESA astronaut class of 2009 (also known as the #Shenanigans09) during their ESA Basic Training. It features interviews with astronauts who have flown on the Soyuz and dramatic footage of actual landings.

Story: www.huffingtonpost.com...

I've read before how bumpy and scary Soyuz landings can be, and the video certainly testifies to that.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

That was soo much cooler than watching astronauts exercise and drink floating globs of water.

Thanks for the ride!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I would think that for man to travel to other worlds would be nearly impossible because unless you have a ground base support team just for the landing ,as well as all of the medical attention they would need after landing . Neet ride coming to earth from a few hundred Km.s though ..

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Both exhilirating and educational. Not scary at all from my comfy bed. Thanks for the adventure!

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Why is the camera bouncing around like a sci fi movie set?

You would think it would be mounted to the wall with a mount that would have minimal movement compared to the surroundings. Only the astronots and free objects should have movement relative to the camera mount.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Frank Dinkle
Why is the camera bouncing around like a sci fi movie set?

Fixed, rigid things should be avoided inside a cabin with people shaking in all directions, in case someone hits it the damage is much smaller.

new topics

top topics

join