It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug on a Leaf VS Global Warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have a theory I would like to share with everyone, I call it my bug on a leaf theory. Let’s say there is a colony of bugs that live on a very large leaf. These bugs have a life span of about a day. Since they only live about a day there are many generations that come and go. These bugs are partying it up and living life on a grand scale. They are pretty smart and start to develop some pretty cool bug technologies. As time passes and generations come and go they start to notice the leaf changing a little. They must be having an effect on the leaf. The little bug scientist announce they have figured out the problem. The bugs partying is having an effect on the leaf, they must party less to avoid destroying the leaf. Some of the bugs listen and some don’t but try as they might the leaf continues to change until one day the leaf falls from the tree killing all the bugs.
What the bugs didn’t understand was that the leaf was going through its normal cycle. Fall had come and the leaf died. Nothing out of the ordinary for anyone else but too the bugs they killed the leaf. What they lacked was perspective. I feel that we as humans lack perspective and don’t understand the bigger picture of cycles of the earth. In my opinion we are not causing global warming and we need to get a little perspective.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WesternIowaParanormal

Great theory

The Climate change crowd would point to typhoon Yolanda as evidence, but I thing Haarp played a role in the super storm. As far as cycles go Ice age may occur due lake of activity on the sun.

There's a tread on it here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The thing I would recommend you look up is the Oxygen Catastrophe.
en.wikipedia.org...
Life routinely changes the environment on earth, its nothing new. C02 goes up, plants become king. O2 goes up, animals become king. It balances out.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Great analogy. Not the whole story, but good - except for the realistic part where the bugs feed on the leaf and kill it long before fall comes.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

WesternIowaParanormal
I have a theory I would like to share with everyone, I call it my bug on a leaf theory. Let’s say there is a colony of bugs that live on a very large leaf. These bugs have a life span of about a day. Since they only live about a day there are many generations that come and go. These bugs are partying it up and living life on a grand scale. They are pretty smart and start to develop some pretty cool bug technologies. As time passes and generations come and go they start to notice the leaf changing a little. They must be having an effect on the leaf. The little bug scientist announce they have figured out the problem. The bugs partying is having an effect on the leaf, they must party less to avoid destroying the leaf. Some of the bugs listen and some don’t but try as they might the leaf continues to change until one day the leaf falls from the tree killing all the bugs.
What the bugs didn’t understand was that the leaf was going through its normal cycle. Fall had come and the leaf died. Nothing out of the ordinary for anyone else but too the bugs they killed the leaf. What they lacked was perspective. I feel that we as humans lack perspective and don’t understand the bigger picture of cycles of the earth. In my opinion we are not causing global warming and we need to get a little perspective.

First of all that's an analogy, not a theory.
Secondly I'll take the testing and deductions of countless scientists (who have no political agenda) over an anonymous poster's "opinion".

If you don't understand the science that's fine but to base any opinion on ignorance is, in this day of unfettered access to information, inexcusable.

www.climate2013.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Pardon?
countless scientists (who have no political agenda) over an anonymous poster's "opinion".

Pardon? Er, I mean, What?

Of course scientists have political agenda. That's why universities are still in business.

You think this Left wing environmentalism NEVER biased any scientists into creating data in their favor?

Don't get me wrong, I think CLimate change is very real. But so far all piece of data about it has been used for the Great Political Machine.

edit on 11-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Your simple yet beautifully put theory inspired me to log on and flag and star you. My sentiments exactly. Humans, these days, have numbed the ancient intrinsic ability to be able to see far. On all levels.

'Global warming?'..... man made?
Due to great stimulation by religions we also tend to love taking on guilt. The man made global warming theory gives many the opportunity to indulge in guilt. Big time. Thus, it has become a religion on its own. Which many will protect with their lives if threatened.

So sad.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Pardon?

WesternIowaParanormal

First of all that's an analogy, not a theory.
Secondly I'll take the testing and deductions of countless scientists (who have no political agenda) over an anonymous poster's "opinion".

If you don't understand the science that's fine but to base any opinion on ignorance is, in this day of unfettered access to information, inexcusable.

www.climate2013.org...

1st of all the OP has presented a hypothesis using an analogy as an illustration
just calling it an analogy allows you to dismiss it uncritically

nice ad hom there.

good luck convincing people to buy the AGW koolaid by implying they're stupid.

basing your opinion on predigested spoon fed information is even worse

Published on Jan 21, 2013

1) The climate change is real, and there is more to it than CO2 and 'global warming' - it is all extremes.
2) The entire solar system appears to be changing simultaneously.
3) The magnetic changes on earth began hundreds of years ago, and need to be tracked more effectively.
4) Weather modification appears to be implemented, and IMHO it is a zero-sum game.

Fact vs Opinion: The 'Weather Modification' segment contains many statements of my personal opinion on the negative aspects of the various applications. I have nothing but my humble opinion on those matters; humans survived this event before, and we can do it again now.

HAARP comments are meant to help focus our efforts to properly identify these various machines of modification. While auroral modulation has it's benefits, my negative comments about weather modification applies to HAARP as well.

if there is any indication of what's coming the weakening will continue
1:54
what would erasing that delicate cosmic ray balance on earth do to our climate
1:59
I'm not sure, but with Earth's field weakening 10 percent since the 19th
2:03
century we are seeing
2:05
two shields fade with one of them the more important one for cosmic rays
2:09
potentially going on hiatus for awhile. I find it odd the cosmic rays are not a
2:13
greater focal point in mainstream climate science
2:16
this doesn't belong hidden in paid journals, occasionally summarized on science
2:20
pages days to weeks later
2:22
this is what everyone should know.
now that was a follow up to
2:26
they want to blame you; the UN climate liars building their case against us
2:31
speaking of them, not only have they managed to have a greater confidence
2:35
in human driven warming even with global cooling or stagnation being
2:39
undeniable over more than a decade now
2:43
the claim is that the failure to have higher temperatures
2:46
is because of the UN ozone pact they forget the 2010
2:50
Iceland volcano undid more than half of all human co2 reduction effort in
2:54
history
2:55
but don't you forget that those are the same people blaming you
2:59
the ones to whom all first nations have given control

www.astrobio.net...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Nope, an hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observed phenomenon.
His is an analogy.
And neither are theories.

Are the Youtube vids you've just shown supposed to convince me?
Seriously?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Pardon?

Nope, an hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observed phenomenon.
His is an analogy.
And neither are theories.

Are the Youtube vids you've just shown supposed to convince me?
Seriously?

if you'd done proper due diligence you'd have seen all the links sourced which shows how credibly informed your opinion is
here's an example from the last vid

now open wide while i spoon feed you

TODAY's LINKS:
ISON JPL: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
Bruce Gary on ISON: www.brucegary.net...
ISON Observing Campaign Latest: isoncampaign.org...
Climate Liars: www.nature.com...
Cosmic Rays: www.astrobio.net...
Haiyan: www.cbsnews.com...

Background:
ISON Review: youtu.be...
They want to blame you : youtu.be...
C(Lie)mate #1: youtu.be...
C(Lie)mate #2: youtu.be...
How to Watch the Sun: Spaceweather 101 - youtu.be...
Disturbance Under the Ocean: youtu.be...
The REAL Climate Changer: youtu.be...
Ice Age Soon? youtu.be...
An Unlikely but Relevant Risk - The Solar Killshot: youtu.be...

Sign-up: www.suspicious0bservers.org...
Fly on the Wall (20.5hrs Audio files), 2 Chapters of Starwater, 2 Chapters of Agenda21 Counterstrike, Ch3 Starwater Coming Soon
Donate memberships for others: tiny.cc... or www.paypal.com...

Original music by NEMES1S
www.suspicious0bservers.org... [Get NEMES1S Music!]
www.soundclick.com...

FREE S0 FORUMS: community.suspicious0bservers.......

REPEAT LINKS:

WORLD WEATHER:
NDBC Buoys: www.ndbc.noaa.gov...
Tropical Storms: www.wunderground.com...
HurricaneZone Satellite Images: www.hurricanezone.net...
Weather Channel: www.weather.com...
NOAA Environmental Visualization Laboratory: www.nnvl.noaa.gov...
Pressure Maps: www.woweather.com...
Satellite Maps: www.woweather.com...
Forecast Maps: www.woweather.com...
EL DORADO WORLD WEATHER MAP: www.eldoradocountyweather.com...
TORCON: www.weather.com... [Tornado Forecast for the day]
HURRICANE TRACKER: www.weather.com...

US WEATHER:
Precipitation Totals: www.cocorahs.org...
GOES Satellites: rsd.gsfc.nasa.gov...
THE WINDMAP: hint.fm...
Severe Weather Threats: www.weather.com...
Canada Weather Office Satellite Composites: www.weatheroffice.gc.ca...
Temperature Delta: www.intellicast.com...
Records/Extremes: www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

SPACEWEATHER:
Spaceweather: spaceweather.com...
SOHO Solar Wind: umtof.umd.edu...
HAARP Data Meters: www.haarp.alaska.edu...
Planetary Orbital Diagram - Ceres1 JPL: ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...
SDO: sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
Helioviewer: www.helioviewer.org...
SOHO: sohodata.nascom.nasa.gov...
Stereo: stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...
SOLARIMG: solarimg.org...
iSWA: iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov...
NASA ENLIL SPIRAL: iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...
NOAA ENLIL SPIRAL: www.swpc.noaa.gov...
GOES Xray: www.swpc.noaa.gov...
Gamma Ray Bursts: grb.sonoma.edu...
BARTOL Cosmic Rays: neutronm.bartol.udel.edu...
ISWA: iswa.ccmc.gsfc.nasa.gov:8080...
NOAA Sunspot Classifications: www.swpc.noaa.gov...
GONG: gong2.nso.edu...
GONG Magnetic Maps: gong.nso.edu...

MISC Links:
JAPAN Radiation Map: jciv.iidj.net...
RADIATION Network: radiationnetwork.com...
LISS: earthquake.usgs.gov...
QUAKES LIST FULL: www.emsc-csem.org...
RSOE: hisz.rsoe.hu... [That cool alert map I use]
Moon: www.fourmilab.ch...

wellp, most of those links didn't copy right, looks like if you want to follow the links you'll have to do it yourself after all

www.youtube.com...

if you want to be taken seriously that is...

edit on 11-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: added edit & comment

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
the thing about metaphors and analogies is that they sound cool but usually leave out too much information. it's cute..... but way too simplistic. there is so much more going on than a leaf going through it's natural cycle.

the earth changes. we all know that and we all agree. that's not what climate change is about because the change we are going through is FASTER than ever before and with the massive population of the earth.... we may or may not be able to adapt quickly enough.
edit on 11-11-2013 by pasiphae because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Metaphysique

Firstly if you're trying to convince someone that you're correct lose the arrogance, especially when what you post doesn't lend to it at all.
Secondly if you're trying to prove a point by page-ripping a site ensure the links you're copying work, else you look like a fool.
Thirdly, the conspiracy stuff is nonsensical ergo your argument falls flat on it's face.

Ever heard of pride comes before a fall?
I think you're proof positive of that.

Now here's a link which DOES work and the links on this page ALSO work.
You won't read them though as you're too arrogant to understand when you're wrong.
That's a bad trait in a human.

Climate Change Myths

Oh, keep hold of your spoon for yourself as I hear you're not allowed sharp utensils any more.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Pardon?

you seem to operating under a false impression, allow me to dispel it:

the ignorant, due to a falsely perceived and grandly over-exaggerated self-importance and as a means to retain their non-existent self respect, always see those who are knowledgeable as arrogant.

you can easily discern them by their continual use of ad-homs and one-upmanship to attempt to drag those perceived as smarter into their own muck.

1st of all, those links weren't posted for sheeple, the physical and mentally lazy, kool-aid drinkers or even you.

they're there to prevent others from falling prey to the ignorance you've embraced by providing sources of data to allow them to come to their own conclusions. as going by your posting history [due diligence, again] your condition is obvious incurable.

finally, I only preach to the remnant,
the ignorant are their own jailers and torturers, as ignorance is it's own punishment.

adieu

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Metaphysique
reply to post by Pardon?

the ignorant, due to a falsely perceived and grandly over-exaggerated self-importance and as a means to retain their non-existent self respect, always see those who are knowledgeable as arrogant.

you can easily discern them by their continual use of ad-homs and one-upmanship to attempt to drag those perceived as smarter into their own muck.

1st of all, those links weren't posted for sheeple, the physical and mentally lazy, kool-aid drinkers or even you.

they're there to prevent others from falling prey to the ignorance you've embraced by providing sources of data to allow them to come to their own conclusions. as going by your posting history [due diligence, again] your condition is obvious incurable.

the ignorant are their own jailers and torturers, as ignorance is it's own punishment.

adieu

Using your own "unique" brand of logic one can also determine those who are as stated earlier, so arrogant they don't know when they're wrong.
This is always demonstrated by their complete lack of debate when presented with a counter argument they're unable to debate against and especially when they're unable to de-construct the evidence presented but merely present "alternative evidence" as though this is the winning hand when the opposite is in fact the case.

Your powers of debate are second to most.

And no ad hominem statements in your posts were there?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Pardon?

Metaphysique
reply to post by Pardon?

adieu

Using your own "unique" brand of logic one can also determine those who are as stated earlier, so arrogant they don't know when they're wrong.
This is always demonstrated by their complete lack of debate when presented with a counter argument they're unable to debate against and especially when they're unable to de-construct the evidence presented but merely present "alternative evidence" as though this is the winning hand when the opposite is in fact the case.

Your powers of debate are second to most.

And no ad hominem statements in your posts were there?

logic and its rules tends to delude people into believing they "know" things

I do not do debates, as they are useless in the acquisition of knowledge and the discernment of truth, which cannot be obtained/determined by who the best debater [read sophist] is.

again with the arrogance from one merely arguing semantics

one need only go back and read just the 1st sentence of the OP and correct it by simply substituting hypothesis for theory to understand who it is here with an overly inflated opinion of himself.
edit on 12-11-2013 by Metaphysique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The perspective/bigger picture is that axial tilt has been declining for several thousand years, and this ended the warm, Holocene Climatic Optimum, and instigated the Neoglacial.

Since there has been no change, we should still be in the Neoglacial and the long term trend should be one of cooling (although, it must be emphasised, not sufficently to precipitate a new ice age)

Question is: is the apparent reversal in the Neoglaciation occurring the same time there has been a significant increase in CO2 and methane emissions from human activities along with massive deforestation, especially in the tropics, other and use changes, the creation of brown clouds etc, and changes in cloud cover due to industrial processes and air travel, just a coincidence? Or is there a connection?

top topics

join