It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lexicon, modern america, gangsterism, corporate elitism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We can changee the lexicon used to describe modern gangsterism and dissasociate the imagery of cool, and other imagery thats makes drug culture and gangsterism and irresponsability. Changing the lexicon and imagery associated with the way we portray our thoughts and ideas can be changed by presenting the same ideas with different words.

Words have meaning and power to create, so lets use them carefully and target how we use them.
edit on 10-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

I had a hard time using a phone to describe myideaaccuratley. Gah
edit on 10-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Could you elaborate a little?

ETA: Thank you. Much better....
edit on 11/11/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

imagine the possibilities. If a new definition went viral. One that could act as a catalyst in bringing us together and waking those who are asleep.

Gangsterism and corporate elitism are dangerously similar and might should be seen as the same. if one is not tolerated, then maybe the other shouldn't be either. Sometimes I think that the combined awareness is redefining things of this nature. Sadly at the same time it seems that the arrogance expressed by our corporations shows that they feel untouchable.

Somewhere in your analogy is the answer to how we must move forward to a more present and aware future.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

What im trying to say is, now that im typing on a keyboard is that the imagery we associate with these ideas can be changed through the lexicon we use to describe them.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Don't know if I'm following your train of thought exactly. But I wonder to think about how magical the world must have been for those who scribed with charcoal on cave walls. Then saw there own drawings of wooly mammoths and such by the light of their torches.

Then you have papyrus and the pyramids. Telegraph and locomotives. The type writer and skyscrapers. The computer and global corporations.

Next to each new catalyst in communication comes immeasurable and unstoppable forces of human design.

Maybe you can see the differences between the possibilities that exist between your phone and your computer? Seems silly, but I get what your saying kinda. If that is even your point at all...

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Interesting response maybe you can explain a little more?

All ears..

I kind of get what your saying but maybe you can go more in depth for me.
edit on 12-11-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

join