It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military boats with guns pointed at houses along Eden isles, real or faked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Has this been posted already? Wondering if its real footage or faked?

Seems theres riverines/SEALS located just over in Mississippi, so they could just be in transport. Then again, the footage looks bizarre!

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

I can’t tell if they are SEAL or Ranger but the title is a bit melodramatic sensationalism. The weapons were at rest no one was actively aiming at anything.

Actually after watching a few times I am pretty sure they are not Ranger. One guy even had blue jeans. To bad there is no way to verify the actual location. There are places in Georgia, SC, and Florida that look like that as well.

Hell it could be for a movie. Just not enough information.

edit on 9-11-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Cool! Nice to see they are observing the no wake rule.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

gardener
Then again, the footage looks bizarre!

Why do you think it looks bizarre?

I have driven APC's with mounted MG's down public roads, through towns and cities - do you think that was bizarre?

It has been posted here before.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I have driven APC's with mounted MG's down public roads, through towns and cities …

For fun? Was there an emergency? Did someone call out the guard? Or are we to pretend this is standard military police patrols from now on? MaDeuce, locked and loaded, hands on… What is this, Nigeria? Vietnam?

Yah sure, the frog pot just upped a few more degrees.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Who said anything about this being a patrol? The boat teams have to train, and that means that sometimes they have to go through civilian areas to get to their training grounds.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

intrptr

I have driven APC's with mounted MG's down public roads, through towns and cities …

For fun? Was there an emergency? Did someone call out the guard? Or are we to pretend this is standard military police patrols from now on? MaDeuce, locked and loaded, hands on… What is this, Nigeria? Vietnam?

Yah sure, the frog pot just upped a few more degrees.

Oh please turn down the melodrama. Considering that the US is a Superpower and that their are NG and reserve unites in every state the military blueprint in the US is tiny. Would you prefer they paint the vehicles pink and cover mounted weapons with flowers as to not offend your delicate sensibilities on the extremely rare occasion you might see them. Maybe we can cover our warshios with big blue tarps when they are in port. And maybe our planes and helos can be painted sky biue so they do not look like aircraft. What would you people have done during the cold war when units were all over the place.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

intrptr

It is called training - driving to and from exercise area, or just doing a patrol.

It is nothing special, it is done all the time by the military of every country.

how do you know they were military police?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The boat teams have to train, and that means that sometimes they have to go through civilian areas to get to their training grounds.

How do you know this is training?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

how do you know they were military police?

How do you know they aren't? Them guns should be covered so's not to upset the natives, don't you think?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Would you prefer they paint the vehicles pink and cover mounted weapons with flowers as to not offend your delicate sensibilities on the extremely rare occasion you might see them.

No, just cover the guns through the hood.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It's SBT22 out of Mississippi. They train just like every other military unit. If this was a real patrol they wouldn't be sitting around stretched out like that. The guns would be manned and they'd be scanning the shore. They're not, this is training.

Prove they're military police on a patrol.
edit on 11/9/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The guns would be manned and they'd be scanning the shore. They're not, this is training.

Look again. Four boats go by. Not only are they manned but the guns themselves are uncovered and have open ammo boxes attached. Sorry the resolution isn't good enough to see the blank ammunition.

Prove they're military police on a patrol.

They are unmarked… okay, for one. Two, they are armed and manned. The boats are moving, I presume thats the meaning of "patrol". After Boston the differences between the military and the police are evaporating. Besides, which base to which port has city waterways in-between?

The boat teams have to train, and that means that sometimes they have to go through civilian areas to get to their training grounds.

I asked you how you know this about the unit on the video---

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

If this was a patrol those guns would not be pointed up like they are. Those boat crews are relaxed, and not looking for anything in particular. If they were on patrol their heads would be on swivels and the guns would be following their heads.

They're traveling to an exercise area. They had three options to get them there, and putting the crew and equipment on board and driving there is by far the cheapest and most logical way to get there.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

intrptr
I asked you how you know this about the unit on the video---

I was going to take my time and give a long drawn out answer but I'm tired now, so short answer those boats are only used by a few units, primarily Special Boat Teams, and SBT 22 is based in Mississippi. Which means they're the most logical unit to be there.

new topics

top topics

join