It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Epistle of Barnabas 14-15 - Foreshadowing of Grace to Mankind and Timeline to the End of Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
EB1 | EB2 |
EB3 | EB4 | EB 6-5 | EB 7-8 | EB 9-10 | EB 11 | EB 12 | EB 13

Barnabas 14:1
Yea verily, but as regards the covenant which He swear to the
fathers to give it to the people let us see whether He hath actually
given it. He hath given it, but they themselves were not found worthy
to receive it by reason of their sins.

---This is a picture of the law. Until the law is fulfilled by example, faith cannot overcome the law with love. In Christ, the law is overcome. See Galatians 3.

Barnabas 14:2
For the prophet saith; And Moses was fasting in Mount Sinai forty
days and forty nights, that he might receive the covenant of the
Lord to give to the people. And [Moses] received from the Lord the
two tables which were written by the finger of the hand of the Lord
in the spirit. And Moses took them, and brought them down to give
them to the people.

---To receive what is offered, we empty ourselves. Return to the previous chapter on true fasting. Forty days and nights is symbolic of the flood, again bringing back the concept of beasts in the water. The tablets in question are the laws that God would eventually write on our hearts. Before the law is broken, we must be revealed by our sin nature.

Barnabas 14:3
And the Lord said unto Moses; Moses, Moses, come down quickly; for
thy people, whom thou leddest forth from the land of Egypt, hath
done wickedly. And Moses perceived that they had made for
themselves again molten images, and he cast them out of his hands
and the tables of the covenant of the Lord were broken in pieces.

---If you examine the mystery revealed in 1 Corinthians 10, you can understand why this happened in relation to baptism and the fact that we would be born again. This is the single topic of the Bible, when understood, that has the potential to open they eyes fully. It is a paradigm shift to understand that the nations that were scattered represent the souls resurrected in the waters of life. See this thread: Hidden Mystery of Moses

Barnabas 14:4
Moses received them, but they themselves were not found worthy. But
how did we receive them? Mark this. Moses received them being a
servant, but the Lord himself gave them to us to be the people of His
inheritance, having endured patiently for our sakes.

---Any time you see, "MARK THIS," you should pay attention to what is being said in light of the fact that mankind is the beast of the temple. The sacrifice in the temple was our sin to bear. Christ suffered and endured patiently for OUR sakes. He took on our sin. To reject this is foolish.

Barnabas 14:5
But He was made manifest, in order that at the same time they might
be perfected in their sins, and we might receive the covenant through
Him who inherited it, even the Lord Jesus, who was prepared
beforehand hereunto, that appearing in person He might redeem out of
darkness our hearts which had already been paid over unto death and
delivered up to the iniquity of error, and thus establish the
covenant in us through the word.

---Egypt is a refinery of learning. Sin and the law represent the instructional design of God. Redemption requires payment. Who paid our debt? When does the student graduate from the involution in the water? When the child comes of age. We must first rise to new life from the process. This requires facing the correct direction as discussed in the earlier chapters.

Barnabas 14:6
For it is written how the Father chargeth Him to deliver us from
darkness, and to prepare a holy people for Himself.

---As you can read in John 6:65, we are prepared by God with faith. This is the first step for the heart to be made right by the Son.

Barnabas 14:7
Therefore saith the prophet; I the Lord thy God called thee in
righteousness, and I will lay hold of thy hand and will strengthen
thee, and I have given thee to be a covenant of the race, a light
to the Gentiles, to open the eyes of the blind, and to bring forth
them that are bound from their fetters, and them that sit in
darkness from their prison house. We perceive then whence we were
ransomed.

---Israel is our reflecting point. Apart from the light shining on the nation of Israel first, it would not be possible for us to see the comparison between the light itself and what it hits. Light can only be seen if it hits an object. Otherwise, it is invisible.

Barnabas 14:8
Again the prophet saith; Behold I have set Thee to be a light unto
the Gentiles, that Thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of
the earth; thus saith the Lord that ransomed thee, even God.

---The suffering and shame of Israel is the means to their own salvation. Once the Gentiles have entered in, Israel will also be saved. The book of Romans makes this clear.

Romans 11

11 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don’t you know what Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: 3 “Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me”[a]? 4 And what was God’s answer to him? “I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace. 6 And if by grace, then it cannot be based on works; if it were, grace would no longer be grace.

Barnabas 14:9
Again the prophet saith; The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
wherefore He anointed Me to preach good tidings to the humble; He
hath sent Me to heal them that are broken-hearted, to preach
release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to
proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of recompense,
to comfort all that mourn.

---Notice that humility before God is necessary to understand what I am presenting. We are the captives. What is the mark of the humble heart? They mourn for others. They are blind. They are captives. They are broken-hearted. They are humble. Find the opposites to these words and you have the mark of the beast in 2 Timothy 3.

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

There are 18 items. He says, "Mark THIS!" 6+6+6

Determine in your own heart the difference between pride (Selfishness) and humility (Selflessness). Overcome the beast. It's the point of love.
edit on 8-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Timeline to the End of Time

This is my favorite chapter of the Epistle of Barnabas.

Barnabas 15:1
Moreover concerning the Sabbath likewise it is written in the Ten
Words, in which He spake to Moses face to face on Mount Sinai; And
ye shall hallow the Sabbath of the Lord with pure hands and with a
pure heart.

---What is the Sabbath? It is the 1000 year rest, or Day of the Lord. Concerning this Day, Barnabas gives us the most amazing clue to the mystery. I place this chapter in a second post for a reason. If you are interested enough to read this sentence, you are likely eager enough to read the rest. This is a pearl too nice to cast in the mud.

Barnabas 15:2
And in another place He saith; If my sons observe the Sabbath then
I will bestow My mercy upon them.

---Here, we have something of an enigma. The Sons are to observe the Sabbath. Who is cast out of the Earth on the Sabbath? Who stays? Read John 6. Baptism into life on the Sabbath is a day of rest for mankind. Christ rules the Sabbath.

Barnabas 15:3
Of the Sabbath He speaketh in the beginning of the creation; And
God made the works of His hands in six days, and He ended on the
seventh day, and rested on it, and He hallowed it.

---NOTICE WHAT HE SAYS NEXT!

Barnabas 15:4
Give heed, children, what this meaneth; He ended in six days. He
meaneth this, that in six thousand years the Lord shall bring all
things to an end; for the day with Him signifyeth a thousand years;
and this He himself beareth me witness, saying; Behold, the day of
the Lord shall be as a thousand years. Therefore, children, in six
days, that is in six thousand years, everything shall come to an end.

---Adam to Abraham is the Age of the Father (2 Days = 2000 years). Genesis 2 is the second week of creation, not the first. The first is when Elohim rested and is outlined in Genesis 1.

Issac to Jesus is the Age of the Son (2 Days)

Christ to our own day and age is the Age of the Spirit ( 2 Days). The Spirit rises at the end of this day.

After six days, what happens according to Barnabas? I have written these threads specifically for this one verse above. The outline of the Epistle is necessary to know who we escape the wrath of the Lord.

Barnabas 15:5
And He rested on the seventh day. this He meaneth; when His Son
shall come, and shall abolish the time of the Lawless One, and shall
judge the ungodly, and shall change the sun and the moon and the
stars, then shall he truly rest on the seventh day.

---The Son will come and abolish the reign of Satan. He will judge the ungodly with the Saints. Here is a most amazing mystery. He will change the sun and moon and the stars. This part is hard to determine, but I assume that the laws governing entropy ends the curse. A new standard of Quantum Mechanics is engaged.

Barnabas 15:6
Yea and furthermore He saith; Thou shalt hallow it with pure hands
and with a pure heart. If therefore a man is able now to hallow
the day which God hallowed, though he be pure in heart, we have gone
utterly astray.

---In other words, no man has hallowed the Sabbath or can. Only one is able. Tell this to the observant Jew. It is an error to think sin can be overcome by any other than Christ. We are not saved by the law. We are saved by the one who overcomes the law. As we just read, these extend to the laws of nature as well. The restrictions are lifted.

Barnabas 15:7
But if after all then and not till then shall we truly rest and
hallow it, when we shall ourselves be able to do so after being
justified and receiving the promise, when iniquity is no more and all
things have been made new by the Lord, we shall be able to hallow it
then, because we ourselves shall have been hallowed first.

---To enter our rest, God prepares the soil. Faith is His department. Accepting the gift is all that is required, but if we fail to accept the gift, how can the soil be prepared? Do you have ears to hear?

Barnabas 15:8
Finally He saith to them; Your new moons and your Sabbaths I cannot
away with. Ye see what is His meaning ; it is not your present
Sabbaths that are acceptable [unto Me], but the Sabbath which I have
made, in the which, when I have set all things at rest, I will make
the beginning of the eighth day which is the beginning of another
world.

---Forget Sunday or Saturday. Like I pointed out in the first few chapters, Barnabas is showing us the true meaning behind the symbolism. This is something Paul did not show us. The true Sabbath is the last 1000 years. You keep the Sabbath by doing the work that comes before.

Barnabas 15:9
Wherefore also we keep the eighth day for rejoicing, in the which
also Jesus rose from the dead, and having been manifested ascended
into the heavens.

When does the new creation engage? First, Satan is released in a Jubilee. After this, He is removed for good. With him, the wicked are once again reborn and the deception of the nations once again occurs. Many Christians anticipate Armageddon in our day and age. Not so. The final battle engages at the very end.

During Day Eight, time ends and life begins.

edit on 8-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

join