It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Nuts ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I knew I could trust ATS to post this. Thank you everyone ....and have a great weekend with lots of beer

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by CosmicDude

As a businessman, personally, i can tell you this: Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

It is the mantra of the successful person

What about >>>>> KISS

You know ..... Keep It Simple Stupid ...

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

You keep it simple only when explaining things to simple people.

Reality is complex. You have to think with complexity to "hack" it.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I was thinking about this in terms of myself. My wife likes the tv crime dramas, so I watch them with her out of the corner of my eye as I read or draw or whatever.

Day in and day out, week in and week out those shows depict people, lovers, families, nice people living normal lives, loving, laughing whatever when out of nowhere WHAMMM0, somebody dies and life turns to crap. I'm wondering what effect all this tra la la, la la, then blotto has on our uncounscious.

Just guessing dude.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

CosmicDude
Well, I have no major problems to worrie about but I have many things to lose.

Let me try to explain: I have a beautiful family that I love and love me beyhond anything, I am in good health, not rich but no financial problems at the moment, not a mansion but a confortable house to live in, many good friends,...... a nice life overall.

However, I have this permanent feeling that a minute can change everything because I know that nothing lasts forever. The problem is this feeling stops me to be as happy as I could be because I fear that the moment I trully show the real hapiness in my heart, the world will punish me by greed/envy.

Funny thing is this mainly started after my daughters were born and I began to think more and more on the idea of losing. Now this is getting so strong that I think of any possible step/decision that can totally change things in my life, making me harder and harder to decide a lot of situations.

For those who are struggling with all kind of problems/situations in their lives this may sound arrogant and stupid and maybe it is, but I also had very difficult situations in my life and when I was deep down I think I used to have a more positive aproach to life in general than I have now because things were so bad that I had only 2 ways to go: Death (which is certain for everyone) or UP for the better, but now it`s different because I have a lot more to lose ( I`m talking emotionally as I don´t care much about material stuff) than to gain.

So, am I nuts for thinking this way ?
edit on 8-11-2013 by CosmicDude because: (no reason given)

Welcome to the world of true love for you family. I have the same fears. Today, I spent the day in surgery with my son. He is home recovering. The older you get, the more you realize your awareness of the world around you. I am eternally confident in the future for one reason.

According to Hebrew tradition, the past is in front, and the future is behind. The present is a gift. The past is in front because we are facing it. The future is behind because it has not happened for us yet. The word “aharit” (End) comes after, later or behind. What is in front has already happened. Those who have been prepared by God with faith are facing the unseen rather than what is seen from the past. An assured future is known clearly with new eyes. Eyes are only part of the process. Ears are also part of seeing the future with confidence.

What is an ear to the Hebrew mind? A loaf of bread is baked with grain. The ear is a grain used in the loaf. Before a grain can be planted to grow more grain, it must first be broken. When a grain expresses in good soil, the seed then flourishes. Water is needed and too much sunlight can be harmful. Clouds are necessary and clouds are symbolism for what we do not see.

This is part of what faith brings. The other part is the realization of who is actually caring for that seed. You are the father of your family. You love them and are worried for their future. Can you love them more than God? Father in Hebrew is Aleph (Strength) Bet (House). The Alphabet writes the Word. In Hebrew, Son is Bet (house) Nun (Seed). In John 1, we find out who this is:

John 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.

Christ is the Word written by God. So are you and so are your children. The better you plow the soil, the better the seed will grow. Can a crop be lost? Yes. It's in God's hands. Check with Job:

In Job 1, his children were taken. In Job 2, Satan was confronted by God for what he did to Job's children.

Job 2

3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

What does a snake do? They shed the outer garment, but come back again. What does this mean to us?

Job's children came back. At then end of the story, they were born again. Think this through. You have kids. You raise those kids to love God. When you die, you come back. Who raises you? Who are you raising now? Relax. You have been together forever and always will be. Raise them well. Your future depends on it.

Baptism is immersion into the waters of life. We are in this involution so we can evolve. Baptism is for the purpose of rising to new life. Raise your children well. The father's salvation come from faith in God. The mother's expresses this faith to salvation by raising the kids in a faithful home.

1 Timothy 2

13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[c] will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Prepare the soil. It's all a farmer can do. Suffer the hoe.

1 Corinthians 10

17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

edit on 8-11-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You're not a libran are you?

Å99

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I get really protectful urges like when I think of all the people out there who don't care for him and could harm him its makes me angry. I also feel like he has done so much and I want the best for him.

I was thinking the other day: in a small town with say 10 child deaths by car a year. We accept this, makes me mad. how can driving be more important than life.

Stress of trying to teach him and also protect him lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Nuts...and most likely bananas!

All you need now, is ice cream...

...and you will have a great sunday...

Å99

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

akushla99
You're not a libran are you?

Å99