It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea obtains EMP weapons from Russia.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Going by most of North Korean rocket launches they more than likely to fry
they own city's electrical grids but still here we go again with the stupidity of
it all.

According to South Korea’s National Intelligence Service (NIS), North Korea has purchased EMP weaponry from Russia, and is now developing its own in-house version. As you’d expect, given the sensitive nature of this information, we don’t have a whole lot of details about either the Russian EMP weapon or the DPRK’s homebrew variant. We can attempt to extrapolate some details from Russia’s previous EMP tests and what we know about EMP weapons in general, though.

The report not sure if the weapon is nuclear or not but i cant see it being any thing
other than a type of nuke set up to emit a large pulse but then you never know what
a big suitcase of money will buy in Russia as they do have a little experience with
the EMP thing.

The Soviet Union also performed some successful EMP tests in the early ’60s, fusing hundreds of miles of telephone wire and burning down a power plant (for some reason the Soviets performed the test over a populated land mass). Since then, though, as far as we know, there have been no further testing of nuclear EMPs by either the US or Russia. It’s fairly safe to assume that the world’s nuclear powers have developed advanced EMPs — the power to knock out a country’s infrastructure without frazzling millions of people is pretty awesome — but they’re impossible to test without giving away the game

If you want to read about that it was called the K project

I cant see the Russians selling north Korea a nuclear device as that would upset most
of the planet so maybe the South Korea’s National Intelligence Service is talking out
of its bum.

Extream tech

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

skuly

I cant see the Russians selling north Korea a nuclear device as that would upset most
of the planet so maybe the South Korea’s National Intelligence Service is talking out
of its bum.

Seems to me Russia is in "poke the bear" mode again if true. A lot of countries want the US spread even thinner than it already is, but none of them want to start it out in the open. Just more moving pieces behind the scenes.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well that's not a reassuring thought. Especially given the fact the satellite North Korea launched into an orbit totally contrary to the purpose they stated it had been made for ...is still up there.

KMS 3-2

They say it's out of control. They claim it's a dead satellite. What would a trojan horse look like in satellite form? Hmmmm....

I'll feel better when that isn't passing right over our heads every so often.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It is worrying, especially against the decrepit infrastructure within the US.

EMP weapons do not have to be nuclear in nature to do the job. It seems that an EMP attack over say the West coast could toast several very large cities and then sit back as those cities self destruct and are basically destroyed by their own citizens.

I doubt NK would use an intercontinental missile. Much easier to use several smaller devises fired from a cargo ship at close range where the defenses simply have no time to react.

When you go up against a first world nation, the key to success is asymmetrical warfare. Even an EMP housed in a container would do huge damage in a port city. The interesting thing is that the device would just as likely get through all the checks assuming it is non-nuclear and some of them possibly are.

When you go up against a technologically superior country, EMP can not only level the playing field but can be a huge boost as the opposition, being trained in high tech suddenly finds itself without its toys. Can be a game changer.

Of course all of this info comes from SK intelligence and could be simply scare mongering! Are we expected to believe that SK has spies at the highest level in NK. Possible but I very much doubt it! More like making up the stuff to ensure their own military get the nice new toys and the budget to run them.

After all austerity measures suck.

P

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I disagree on just one small detail. The North Koreans have far more options in putting just 2 of them into orbit ..kinda like the one that's up there right now... than they do for getting something sourced from their nation into a U.S. port without any inspection. Even the risk of inspection would be a terrible chance to take. Wars have started over less than finding that in a ship headed for the U.S..

On the other hand, the Space/Atmospheric testing of Nuclear Weapons in the 50's showed one detonated over Johnston Atoll could knock out electronics in Hawaii. 900 miles away.

I figure you'd want one over about central Colorado and the other over Ohio. Taken together? That's lights out for the nation, depending on size of the detonation. What isn't cooked directly will fail within seconds in the attempt to compensate for the vast areas which have failed by zap.

Part of the 'edge of space' testing back then was for EMP impacts. Not all of it, but that was some of the purpose. Enter "Nuclear Weapons in Space" or just Starfish Prime into a search engine and Youtube, among others, have plenty.

For thread reference, this is what one looked like as seen without advanced notice, from Hawaii.

..and this is a record of some of the test shots with basic info

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

While I'm sure it is likely North Korea is trying to develop EMP capabilities, I do not believe for one second that Russia has sold them EMP technology. There is no way in hell that Russia wants North Korea with their grubby little hands on such a powerful weapon. They are practically on North Korea's doorstep and would not take that sort of chance.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Dont worry too much I am sûre America would hit then straight back with an EMP blast on the 14 hones they have that contain electrical devices

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Could be (and likely is) propaganda. NK is such an isolated country that most of what is reported of them is hearsay or completely made up.

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
All I can say is bring it on. This Country needs to be hit on our own shores for a change. IMO it is the only thing that will bring back a sense of community. Or it will tear the USA apart and a whole lot of losers are gonna get smoked. But at least Walmart will lose it's shirt....

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

DeadSeraph
reply to post by skuly

While I'm sure it is likely North Korea is trying to develop EMP capabilities, I do not believe for one second that Russia has sold them EMP technology. There is no way in hell that Russia wants North Korea with their grubby little hands on such a powerful weapon. They are practically on North Korea's doorstep and would not take that sort of chance.

Why wouldn't Russia sell them EMP technology? This is decades old technology. We are not talking about nuclear weapons. We are talking about explosively pumped magnetic flux compression generators (compressing a magnetic field with high explosives (battery, capacitor bank, inductor, explosives in a simple arrangement)). One can build a simple EMP weapon in the kitchen of one's mom. The Russians have defenses against EMP weapons. Why would North Korea attack Russia? They are allies. North Korea has nuclear weapons. Their nuclear program was started with Soviet help. Kim Il Sung studied in the Soviet Union and patterned his country on the Soviet model not the Chinese model. America should be concerned because the Russia EMP weapon program is far more advanced than the American program. At least it was when American scientists visited Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Adaluncatif

DeadSeraph
reply to post by skuly

Why wouldn't Russia sell them EMP technology? This is decades old technology. We are not talking about nuclear weapons. We are talking about explosively pumped magnetic flux compression generators (compressing a magnetic field with high explosives (battery, capacitor bank, inductor, explosives in a simple arrangement)). One can build a simple EMP weapon in the kitchen of one's mom. The Russians have defenses against EMP weapons. Why would North Korea attack Russia? They are allies. North Korea has nuclear weapons. Their nuclear program was started with Soviet help. Kim Il Sung studied in the Soviet Union and patterned his country on the Soviet model not the Chinese model. America should be concerned because the Russia EMP weapon program is far more advanced than the American program. At least it was when American scientists visited Russia after the fall of the Soviet Union.

Because Russia is fully aware that little kim is off his rocker. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Russia might play chess with the west when it comes to arm sales but if there is one thing they aren't in the habit of doing these days, it's providing madmen with the technology to start world war 3. That's a sector of business the U.S has cornered.

Then you claim Russia has defenses against EMP attacks? So the Russians have figured out how to shield their entire infrastructure from an EMP blast but the Americans haven't? Come on.

I get it. The cold war was crazy. It's starting to look like we have "Cold War II" on our hands. That doesn't mean the ruskies are totally insane. Look at the last 3 decades of arms trade (both sales and technology) and what you will find is that while Russia is a major dealer in conventional arms, it hasn't been in the business of sharing technology for WMD's since the 70's. Could there be unofficial channels leaking out technology and materials since the fall of the Soviet Union? Sure. But from an official capacity, it's the U.S that has given the tech over.

How do you think North Korea became a nuclear capable nation in the first place? I'll give you a head start: Donald Rumsfeld and Bill Clinton.
edit on 8-11-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by skuly

Could be (and likely is) propaganda. NK is such an isolated country that most of what is reported of them is hearsay or completely made up.

You sir have really drank the Kool Aid. North Korea is not an isolated country, the hermit kingdom. Attempts to isolate them have failed. They trade with other countries. Mostly they export weapons in exchange for food. That is why they developed nuclear weapons and will never give them up. The Iranians got their idea for becoming self sufficient in the production of military weapons by following the North Korean model when the two countries merged their weapons programs. North Korea and Iran help each other in producing their own tanks, fighter planes, missiles (crude ICBM in one case), and nuclear weapons. North Korea developed a nuclear reactor produced plutonium weapon program in the late 1980s. They helped Syria and Iran pursue this route to nuclear weapons. That's what the reactors are for in Iran, plutonium. One was blown up in Syria by the Israelis in 2007. The Iranians started a uranium enrichment program after the 1991 Gulf War after seeing what Saddam was up to. They helped the North Koreans with a uranium enrichment program. The three nuclear tests in North Korea were joint Korean-Iranian tests. The North Koreans helped the Iranians develop ballistic missiles. The Iranians have captured several US drones one of them being stealth. They have developed their own drones, both reconnaissance and armed, and have built a stealth technology demonstrator (a stealth radio controlled plane). This will eventually be turned into an actual fighter. This technology will be given to the North Koreans along with information on malware that has been used against them, such as Stuxnet. The North Koreans have submarines (capable of moving a nuclear warhead to any port on Earth), something in orbit, ICBMs, road mobile intermediate range nuclear missiles, a nuclear backpack brigade, and a 3000 member cyber warfare group. They now have EMP warheads to go along with their nuclear, biological, and chemical warheads. With Iranian help they will have stealth technology and drones.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

Well, we have the fukushima fuel rod movement disaster coming up - we have the Grid2 "blackout" coming up - how nice it would be to blame it on North Korea - they'll finally get their WW3 scenario going and save the western banking system!!!! Or, destroy us all.

I don't think it matters to the obozo administration - just as long as we forget about the obozocare website disaster.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

top topics

join