It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions you would like NOW. Mine? Visual Dream Recorder. The VDR.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hey all.

(I disclaim this post as there are zero (0) sexual overtones with regards to my personal dream). Yes my mind went there starting this thread.

So last night I had a crazy dream. I know because I had such an exhilarating feeling when I woke myself up. Woke myself up as if I was breaking out of my own dream on purpose. My hEart was racing!

I tried to go back to sleep to, I guess, continue the adventure I was having.

Sad part is I can't remember any of it. Other than I was strapped with a parachute. Yes, weird.

So, I'm just throwing this out there, if there is an invention I would like to be available in the next few years, it would be a dream recorder. (Insert Bowing ball).

Not going to happen anytime soon but it's on my wish list.

What about you guys and gals? What do you think of my wish? Is there Some technology you would like to see developed?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Perpetual motion...
Thorium reactors for the home...
Hydrogen cars...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by freakshowfatty

I know I could say something altruistic like a solution to world hunger, but I'm going to be selfish here:

I want an affordable personal flight simulator. Not just a video game on a PC. A full on flight sim that moves (yaw/pitch/roll) and has some sort of VR headset type interface (like the oculus rift perhaps).

I'd never leave the house

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

If you have not yet had a chance to see the Wim Wenders' film Until the End of the World, do so. The last act, in particular, should fascinate you, but the entire film is probably one of the 5 best science fiction films ever made.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

That is the response I'm looking for! Get selfish here!

Not to be insensitive but World hunger, cure for cancer, the list could go on. I'm looking for fun things here.

Keep it up!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Thanks for the input. I'll look it up. I've been fascinated about this topic since I was (and in reality, still am) a kid.

edit on 4-11-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Mine would be a machine one can step into and have every natural component of the body rejuvinated, repaired, etc. and you could step out feeling like you are 100% healed and energized to carry on with whatever dreams you are pursuing.

Unfortunately, so many people's dreams are cut short by disease, injuries, and loss of loved ones. Obviously, you wouldn't be able to allow life to continue on forever in the current state or the population would overwhelm the planet. But, while one is here, my dream would be to feel good every day, not in severe chronic pain every waking minute.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Lol.... I'm working on a VDR as we speak. Unfortunately, our technology is not quite there yet. I can recreate a very vague blob that somewhat represents a visual image in your mind (real time) but my goal is a high def recording.

Give me a few years and we can revisit this conversation!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Its a dream why not bypass sims and move to a real flight...
sim sucks its reality we seek...

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A cure for cancer please. I have a family member fighting this right now.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

The "VDR" would hopefully have a password protect option......

All the movies might be NSFWV (Not safe for Wife's viewing)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

freakshowfatty

Its a dream why not bypass sims and move to a real flight...
sim sucks its reality we seek...

Because I can't fly an F-22 raptor in real life

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I've also been wishing that something like a dream recorder was available!!! For folks who have almost no dream recall,like me,what a blessing that would be.I'm not a tech-junkie,not one for gadgets+gizmogads really but a dream recorder is something I would absolutely love.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Recording dreams, and having the ability to play them back or sell them on the open market, is a fine ideal to hope for.

Like a youtube of the mind.

Now if only we could program those dreams with the dream-sims we choose to have play the parts.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Time Machine/Personal free-energy FTL flying saucer craft.

I'm not worried about breaking causality as I'm fairly certain any changes made in any past timelines simply spin off another causality timeline which wouldn't interfere with the point of origin.
All observed events are indestructible and unchanging in their native time lines, yet, maleable on unobserved alternate time lines/universes.

In essence, everyone could have their very own personal time machine, and do whatever they wanted to any and every villain, solve any and every mystery, become god-emperor(ess) of every civilization ever known, save the dinosaurs, whatever, without ever impacting point of origin.

Thus, everyone would in essence have access to their very own universe(s).

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It would be nice to have an invention that would allow us to spiritually explore the universe(s) without physically leaving Earth. I don't think this invention would be mechanical in nature however. More like a "technique" to tap into a force that we're not yet aware of.

Hopefully this is what happens when our bodies die.

-cwm

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I would like a set of armor, with an Higgsian mass manipulator device inside it, that would allow me to alter the amount of mass a given object, or particle, or field of particles has. This would allow me to lift heavy objects, by reducing their mass while maintaining their molecular cohesion, and would also allow me to reduce the mass of an object PAST the point where it could retain that cohesion, and fly apart, or increase its mass to the point where it collapses upon itself. It would also allow me to control my own mass, and effectively fly. There would be no limit to the amount of fun I could have with that.

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

That's an easy one: Hindsight

Because it's already the greatest thing the world never invented...

edit on 11/5/2013 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join