It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It looks like the scientific community has the same opinion about Aliens as they do about BadBios.

Its technically feasible but has not been proven to exist while Ruiu continues to claim he has seen it .

I continue to agree with Triulzi and other security researchers when they say it's perfectly feasible for a determined attacker to develop malware as advanced as badBIOS and unleash it wittingly or otherwise on Ruiu's machines. At the same time, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. If badBIOS is real, there should be no reason researchers can't independently verify its existence, especially if, as Ruiu says, it has infected more than a dozen computers and USB drives over a three-year span.

arstechnica.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Meet “badBIOS,” the mysterious Mac and PC malware that jumps airgaps

But I don't want to meet him, OP... In fact I'd like to not meet him, for my computer's sake...

S&F for the information, mate!

edit on 14-11-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Maybe they have created a program that can detect changes in voltage,capacidance,resistance of the IC(CMOS) and use that to detect leaked rf from surrounding machines?

Maybe the firmware's (embedded flash rom) magnetic read/writing rate changes depending on the rf signals from surounding computers being induced on it?

That is one masterful hack.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Perhaps the virus uses other means to spread like leeching on a cell phone to then be transported to another host (computer) using wireless devices to travel and spread. Our cellphones send and receive data constantly and we have no idea what is being sent or received. Almost everyone has a wireless router just waiting for a device log on and receive an IP address, this is another means of "travel" for the virus. A cellphone can broadcast pretty far so can a router. Air gaps are not really that big. It is a stretch I know, but plausible.

It sounds like magic maybe because I don't understand it or it just is make believe. Interesting nonetheless.
edit on 3-12-2013 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2013 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

John_Rodger_Cornman

Maybe they have created a program that can detect changes in voltage,capacidance,resistance of the IC(CMOS) and use that to detect leaked rf from surrounding machines?

Not really - even if you could detect RF that way there's no hardware to present that data to the software.

Maybe the firmware's (embedded flash rom) magnetic read/writing rate changes depending on the rf signals from surounding computers being induced on it?

That is one masterful hack.

FLASH isn't magnetic. It's also automated inside the chip, you don't see changes in read/write times. However, it is also so slow (comparatively) you would never ever be able to detect RF that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join