It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku and types of alien civilizations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just watched a very interesting video by Dr Michio Kaku, talking about the different types of civilizations. He classifies them as Types 1,2, and 3.
In a nutshell, this is the types:
Type 1: Large-scale application of fusion power.
Type 2: A Dyson sphere or Dyson swarm and similar constructs are hypothetical megastructures originally described by Freeman Dyson as a system of orbiting solar power satellites meant to enclose a star completely and capture most or all of its energy output.
Type3: Type III civilizations might use the same techniques employed by a Type II civilization, but applied to all possible stars of one or more galaxies individually.

Currently, we are a Type 0 civilization, he theorizes we can be a Type 1 in about 100-200 years.

This is based on Kardashev scale of civilizations

Dr Kaku is a real down to earth person, using science fiction to explain science fact. Here's the video I watched:

edit on 10/28/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Been posted on ATS before...HERE...I really liked his theory on different civilization structures....makes you wonder why humans are consuming all Earth resources...to get to the next phase in human civilization Type 1!

edit on 28-10-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: Added link

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I personally wish we wouldn't enter Type 1 but rather preserve the beauty of nature we already have
edit on 28-10-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
moving to a type 1 might help preserve are planet if we can do it in a way we don't have to use fossil fuels!

just my 2 cents on the subject

and another thought if we do end up controlling anti-matter it terms launch us from a type 0 to a type 2 civilization, because i have a feeling us having so much power everyone would want to try everything and the advancements would happen so quick it would be hard to stop

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

mrFMPerson
moving to a type 1 might help preserve are planet if we can do it in a way we don't have to use fossil fuels!

just my 2 cents on the subject

and another thought if we do end up controlling anti-matter it terms launch us from a type 0 to a type 2 civilization, because i have a feeling us having so much power everyone would want to try everything and the advancements would happen so quick it would be hard to stop

“Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole.”

― William S. Burroughs

In order for us to evolve and move on... we will use up all the energy possible on this planet and find another one to do the same.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

What makes one wonder is why we are doing that. Why we dooming our specie into the grave of this gravity well in an continual exponential speed... we have not even got a moon colony, heck even an remote controlled automated presence preparing for that, alone it would take a few decades... Oil is going fast and without it our civilization will crumble under tis own weight any future revival (if something bad does not come our way first) will have a steeper curve to go about it...

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
all the Doctors higher civilizations are essentially Exploiting resources and energy

what would these civilizations use the collected Power for?
...exploiting or subjecting other planet populations....or what ?
there's not much good that comes from harnessing vast ammounts of energy, that i can imagine

refrigerators, video devices, powering medical & diagnostic tools are some applications...but they would hardly require tapping anywhere near 80% of the Suns solar or Plasma energy .... Naw.....

there will be something dark & sinister which will come forth from harnessing the power of Suns-Stars, anti-matter

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What, no type 4??

Gotta be a type 4 now....

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

AbleEndangered
What, no type 4??

Gotta be a type 4 now....

Probably GOD civilization?

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
To us a type 1 or 2 civilization may look like God or be our God.

This type 2 civilization may look at type 3 as God.

Type 3 may see, perceive or believe in a type 4, a form with Multi-Universal abilities.

This type 4 may perceive a type 5 and so on...

HomerinNC

Dr Kaku is a real down to earth person, using science fiction to explain science fact. Here's the video I watched:

Everyone on Earth needs to see this video!

You see what he says is holding us back??

edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Some people considers him False Prophet

Type 1 to 3 Civilization, to them, is NWO's agenda.

Actually we already do some space travelling, if we consider Earth as our spaceship, only that we go nowhere in the circle of ignorance

peace.
edit on 29-10-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

NWO is holding us back from our place in the stars with Money!!

As long as we have money, we will be controlled and held back...

Mishi isn't stupid, he knows who the terorists are...

He uses the term a couple times in the video.

In the creation story it says, paraphrasing "we became like them, eyes opened, knowing the difference between right and wrong"!

In Acts, Paul reads a temple inscription to the council of Athens that describes it is mans duty to seek God out!!

In the book of Job, Satan appeared before God. God questioned the legality of Satan's presence. Satan proclaimed he is the Ruler of Earth and is here to represent it...

Same as above.....is similar below!!

Divine order...Prime Directive.....Etc...

Examples of Communism in star trek
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzqW0YaN2ho
www.youtube.com...

Money will dive us into an Elysium like future...

ELYSIUM - Official Full Trailer - In Theaters 8/9
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QILNSgou5BY
www.youtube.com...

Do you like money too?

Idiocracy "I like money"
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck
www.youtube.com...

Mishi even mentions how crucial this time period is to make the transition from type 0 to type 1.

Communism may be a step in the right direction but for it to work Men have to rid themselves of greed.

It was tried too early, Men weren't ready for it. Still too primitive and impulsive...

Maybe it will workout in a Robot Labored Economy. Instead of the robots working for a global corporation, they will be working for mankind....

Both Dimensions will exist, which one will this Earth be a part of??
edit on 29-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: more

top topics

join