It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Because, you know, DARPA *needs* this...WE need *this*....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Trading isn't the only thing that happens in milliseconds nowadays, complicated exploits of computer systems happen just as fast — and with astounding potential consequences. The newest competition out of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency aims to create "fully automatic network defense systems" in order to mitigate these real-world consequences. In other words, they want software systems that automatically detect, repair, and repel hacker attacks. Shorter terms: Artificial Intelligence (AI). Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

DARPA's new initiative...fully aware AI...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

So, the Sadist says...

Yeah, we need this. We need SkyNet. We need something capable of making split second decisions and launching counterattacks.

Now, yes, right now, this has the specific scope of merely being for cyber attacks.

Take a WILD guess what the next step is. And why not? You've gone there, just do it. I do it ALL the time with my code. Proof of concept.

Actually, before I even talk to the high-muckety-mucks, I usually figure out a quick and dirty test to see if my plan is feasible. Usually, with about 65-90% of the desired functionality right there, built into my proof of concept test. That way, when I "officially" announce I've determined a path towards providing a solution, I can even give something of an estimation of how long it'll take to develop, test, and implement the software fix.

So, first of all, wouldn't surprise me one damned bit if we already have this technology, maybe in an infant stage.

And please, think things through. Don't be naive and think this will be limited to any one specific application. Oh, no. Not in the slightest.

Nighty-night

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
And we know exactly why AI is such a brilliant idea...

...until this happens...

edit on 26-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Darpa scares the hell out of everyone. Gotta respect their teams intelligence though, it's like they're going full Sky-Net on us lol.
Would love one of their robotic pooches

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

You already have one of there robotic pooches ,you just dont know it.LOL

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

"What if computers had a “check engine” light that could indicate new, novel security problems? What if computers could go one step further and heal security problems before they happen?"

Huh? Does that mean they could actually anticipate hacker attacks? How would they get around to do this?

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Cathcart

"What if computers had a “check engine” light that could indicate new, novel security problems? What if computers could go one step further and heal security problems before they happen?"

Huh? Does that mean they could actually anticipate hacker attacks? How would they get around to do this?

I think they're more so referring to automated programs designed to perform penetration testing on themselves, then repairing any possible "thin" areas of protection, to prevent an intrusion before it happens. Not so much "predicting" when one happens.

new topics

top topics

join