It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open Letter to the Powers that BE @ ATS: Revisisted with an update

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Note to MODS: Not sure if this violated protocol, if so I apologize.

As you can see from the below quote, I was not a fan of the NEW version of the ATS system.

Please, do NOT change the way your website works...I just got used to using it the way it is. That being said, I am sure it will fall on deaf ears....oh well. What a SHOCK to my system though. It is not very user friendly from what I can surmise from the first encounter, your original version was difficult enough to navigate at first, so I guess if you MUST change it...I will either find away to deal with it or I will just become a lurker again...creating threads is a monumental challenge for me as it is. I do think you are in danger of biting the hand that feeds you though....the membership...I suspect there will be many that feel the same way as I do and will just decide it is not worth the hassle....maybe this belongs in the Conspiracy forum...perhaps it is your goal to weed out the useless threads and make it more difficult on purpose....so that all you get will be the dedicated thread writers that are serious minded enough to overcome the challenges.

I will gladly swallow my tongue and offer up a sincere apology. While I have yet to become proficient at the many differences, I am sure that with time I will learn. I think change is not easy for some to accept and I think it has more to do with what is happening in any one individual life at the time those changes occur as to how any one person will handle said changes. Personally, I was at a very vulnerable time in my my life and I looked forward to the normalcy of certain things, but it reminded me of the fact I have very little control over people, places or things, including but not limited to ATS.

I think the new system is just fine and I applaud you for doing what you can to stick to your guns and try to improve on the experience, perhaps new blood is/was needed to infuse this site. Well done and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

Soul

PS.

I hope my fellow ATS'ers are adjusting as well.

edit on 26-10-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: Oops

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

As a creature of habit, I can understand. I wasn't vocal about any of the changes because I know I am resistant to change.

But I have to be honest. I really do think that the improvements were for the better. As I now can't even remember (with the exceptions of the emoticons) that the site was changed at all.....

But a S&F to you for being a big enough person to admit it on an open forum!

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

As a creature of habit, I can understand. I wasn't vocal about any of the changes because I know I am resistant to change.

But I have to be honest. I really do think that the improvements were for the better. As I now can't even remember (with the exceptions of the emoticons) that the site was changed at all.....

But a S&F to you for being a big enough person to admit it on an open forum!

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

I also prefer the old emoticons--actually, better to me, the new emoticons that had a short life on the new system were my favorites. LOL.

Cheers for the OP owning the mature attitude and perspective.

join