It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Multiverse, Quantum Death and are Dreams other realities?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've read alot about the multiverse theory. I've heard how our universe could be one of many in either alternate timelines or dimensions, or even as a bubble in a sea of different universes. And they say we exist in more than one place at more than one time in quantum mechanics. If alternate timelines or other dimensions are real whats the possibility of ourselves in another universe existing?

this is a pretty common video

What about when we die what if our consciousnesses exists in another universe and at death or in dreams is our consciousness sliping over or "quantum jumping" into other realities? quite often we have very vivid dreams that seem out of this world, are those dreams possibly other realities? of different possibilities?

When we sleep are we accessing other realities via our pineal glands? or are some part of our brain is powerful enough to produce dreams how do we know we are not dreaming right now? I've once heard that the substance of the universe is consciousness so i've often wondered if this reality was a dream out of an infinite possibilities of other realities.

And at Death does our consciousness still exist in another universe or reality somehow?
and when we die in one universe do we simply wake up in another universe as if this life was just a dream.
to me it sounds interesting and i believe there is still alot we dont know about the universe and quantum mechanics to really make an assumption on if its a real possibility.
edit on 26-10-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2013 by Belcastro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

Personally I believe in alternate timelines and quantum jumping. In the mid 1980's I was driving down the freeway, not paying attention to the cars in front of me. I looked up in time to see the back end of a car filling my view. Traffic was pretty much stopped in the slow lane I was in and I was doing about 55 mph.

All I remember having time to say "Oh @%&#" before I should have smashed into the back end of the car in front of me. Next thing I knew I was 4 lanes across in the fast lane zipping along like nothing happened but I felt a large "lurch" as I went from the right lane all the way across to the left lane. I'm pretty sure I died in the other timeline.

There are differences here as well but that's another thread.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

In the end our perception of reality is all about perspective. At the quantum level 1+1 does not even equal 2 all the time. The very measurement of particles at this level actually gives them values, changes them because of our observation, that's essential magic in my view!

I imagine our Multiverse to be kind of like a large tapestry, pull a thread here, another one moves some place else!

edit on 26-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Please start a thread on the subject then Bassago if you don't mind. You would certainly have my interest.

edit on 26-10-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

See I was only born 1yr before you jumped into my universe.

So I have no past to compare memories .

Now what question I ask myself is:
Why was 2 different universes or two different timeliness the same?

Because you believe you switched, but didn't express that besides the moment you belied e you died nothing else had changed or was different from your memory.

Unless you have some anomaly "like a president who you remember being president but never was in this timeline"

Or you knew you were heading somewhere in timeline A , like dentist office but after the switch to timeline B you arrived there to see it was closed...then you remembered 'O' yeah they moved. ( that would be an added memory) alright this is getting to complex. LOL

I would like to say maybe you wipped the car out of danger in automatic response, survival mode if you will.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
In terms of alternate dimensions, they could just have subtle differences and yet there was a jump. Although, you probably had a rush of adrenaline and don't remember your quick response of darting into the other lane an avoiding the car in front of you. Often in times of increased adrenaline, people completely forget what happened and just see themselves in current time.

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Belcastro

And at Death does our consciousness still exist in another universe or reality somehow?

In the way you are thinking of it, yes.

In what I personally believe to be true, no.

What I mean by that is that IMO there is no true delineation between "another" universe/reality and "this" one. In fact they are all pretty much the same, just from our current perspective, they SEEM like they are not.

But I wouldnt worry about death... the colloquial assumptions about death is from a hyper-limited perspective. You are not "ceasing to exist". That is a ridiculous notion. You ARE existence. Consciousness IS reality, which IS existence... how could you stop existing? But thats what is believed by many, because to them, from their 5-sense perspective, what they cannot sense is non-existent. And when we die, we are no longer detectable (usually) by the 5 senses.

Its easy to think of it this way: Ever played a computer game with a character? An RPG for instance. When you exit the game, do you stop existing? How about when your character dies? Do YOU die?

Certainly not. And just like in a "game", the character you are playing right now is a manifestation of the real you, and when your character dies, though you will no longer be detectable by the other characters in the game, you do not stop existing. In fact, if you want, you can make another character and keep playing

Remember, you ARE consciousness. The observer, the awareness, without objective shape or form. In fact you are no thing at all, and indeed as all things are transient, not being a thing, you are permanent, eternal, and infinite.

You are not dependent on anything to sustain your existence, because you are the very essence of existence itself.

How could you be taken away from you? Wherever you went, there you would be!

Belcastro

and when we die in one universe do we simply wake up in another universe as if this life was just a dream.

Thats how I think death will be for me. It will be like awakening from a dream. Unlike a sleep dream though, Ill have full recall.

Others may experience death in other ways.

There is no objective way to experience anything.
edit on 10/26/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Is there a universe where there isn't multiverses? That would be a trip.

new topics

top topics

join