It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grangemouth Oil Refinery to Close .... My own theory about it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
if you think this is a crisis now , wait until it gets closer to the referendum.

the big big issue is going to be the nuclear issue , The UK needs and relies on Scotland for it maintenance and storage of all things nuclear related.
many people say " oh..they will just move everything to England " ......but the problem is ,there is nowhere to move it all to, they have decommisioned a lot of the places down South, and others are unsuitable.
and the London based Goverment has always wanted them as far away as possible...hence why Scotland was used.(there are other reasons such as Geology etc)

but as for the refinery ...it is not good when nearly 1000 jobs are on the line.

snoopyuk

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

bigyin
Ok so the Oil refinery at Grangemouth in Scotland could close soon after it was announced today that the process plant next to it is to close following a dispute with the workers.

BBC Report here

The closure is being blamed by the management of the plant on lack of profit and the unwillingness of the workers to accept cuts in pay and conditions.

However I have my own theory which I'd like to expound here.

About 2 years ago the SNP government in Scotland announced there would be a referendum in Scotland in 2014 to ask the people of Scotland if they wished to become an independent country and separate from England.

A large part of the campaign for independence relies on the income from Scottish Oil, all of which is processed at Grangemouth. For those of the population who don't read up much oil is seen as the only thing Scotland would rely on. It does produce a lot of wealth but not all of it.

When the referendum announcement was made I made a prediction that something bad would happen to the Grangemouth Complex. I didn't know what that would be but I had a feeling that something would happen to it, and it seems that is what is happening now.

Lets have a wee think about this. America (Zionists) rely on the United Kingdom to give them support in policing the planet. See what happened in Syria when the UK did not support the USA ..... the plan fell through. So it is vital to America (Zionists) that the United Kingdom is kept together and not broken up.

Therefore I believe that all stops are being pulled to shut down the plant in order to sway voters to think that we are better off staying in the Union rather than going alone.

What i think will happen between now and the referendum is that fuel and oil will stop being available from Grangemouth and it will have to be shipped by road or sea from refineries in England, thus giving the impression that we, the Scots, are reliant on England for survival.

If the plan works and the NWO get their prefered 'No' vote come November next year then the plant can be reopened and everyone return to business as usual.

Wow, listen the world needs to understand that we, the US, does not need any of you. The rich might owe China, we don't. It won't be long we are gonna take our country back and take care of ourselves. We have more than enough resources, we can feed ourselves. We don't need you and care less what you do.

We want you to be free, you should have your country but we don't need anyone.

Just wanted to clarify that.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

I agree, you as a country do not need the UK to survive and thrive as a nation. The Scots feel the same way, as I am sure other countries, including England, do. However, the US government, when wanting to boot-boy their way into another country when not justified, absolutely does need the support of the likes of our abhorrent so called leaders, under the scrutiny of the world stage, in order to justify the actions and not have the rest of the planet frown upon that action. For once, our government actually managed to make the correct decision, all be it by a smidgen of a margin, though it was said that they would have to 'vote again' on the subject, as they obviously didn't get the right answer the first time! What a surprise, eh?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Don't agree with you at all m8.

People like you who base the whole thing on one person are imo idiots and not worth listening to.

There are millions of Scottish people who want their own country back and you want to deny them because you dislike one guy.

Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Sorry I'm only able to give you one star. You deserve a hundred at least.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

I agree with you on EU. I'm voting SNP and Yes for independence, but once we are independent I will be voting to stay out of EU and nationalise energy, oil and water.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

bigyin

Don't agree with you at all m8.

People like you who base the whole thing on one person are imo idiots and not worth listening to.

There are millions of Scottish people who want their own country back and you want to deny them because you dislike one guy.

Pathetic.

No mate one leader, his party and their policies

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by bigyin

I hope we do stay part of the UK because Salmond is an ass!!le, cant stand the man he says that the people that stay work and run Scotland should be in charge yet at every opportunity he would use Sean Connery as an SNP icon, someone who doesn't even live in Scotland because he doesn't want to cough up to much tax .

The IRONY is lost on that idiot!

Buy the House...even if you dont like the Curtains, you can change them.....
Saying NO to independence just because you dont like ONE Guy is Ludicrous...
If you Dont Like Mr Salmond then Vote yes then Labour at the first opportunity...it really is that simple.

Unless your Happy with a Thousand Year Westminster Reich.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

What if it's a thousand year Salmond Reich? As CthulhuMythos already pointed out, we still don't know what the plans are. The whole point of the SNP was to create an independent Scotland. If we all vote yes, are they really going to disintegrate and swear allegiance to other parties?
It's funny, because as soon as I think about the referendum (and everything that may or may not happen in the run-up to it), I assume that, like you, I'll vote for independence and then vote for Labour. We Scots still seem to hold onto that belief, but until I've heard it from Alex I'll suspend judgement.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by beansidhe

Are you not disgusted with the Thiefs and Vagabonds At Westminster...Are you not Disgusted by the Corruption and Filthy, in yer face, we are so Blatant, we dont give a # about the Common Man attitude from Westminster...

I am, And I'll take my Chances with something Closer to Home....

Since 1945 some 160 Countries have Become independent....Not one has asked to Go back to the way things were.

I think Alex Is a Good Speaker, Politician and a good man to take us forward, what comes after him will be in the Hands of the Scottish Public for the first time in 300 years.

PS, I Know Alex has many fine Attributes, but living beyond the Age of 1000 is a bit of a stretch even for the Fat Controller.

Votes YES in 2014.....Sometimes you gotta Show a Pair.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Ha ha! You're no seeing my pair, pal!

Of course I am, sick of all those things you mentioned. I'm no fan of the SNP, although I do like Nicola Sturgeon (boring as I am). She's honest, decent and hard working.
I'll be voting Yes, Yes, Yes, without hesitation because I believe that a better Scotland for my kids (and yours) is just within our grasp.

I just want more transparency about the process, rather than the end-result shocks like Grangemouth, of the process, if you know what I mean.
edit on 25-10-2013 by beansidhe because: idiocy

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

beansidhe

Of course I am, sick of all those things you mentioned. I'm no fan of the SNP, although I do like Nicola Sturgeon (boring as I am). She's honest, decent and hard working.
I'll be voting Yes, Yes, Yes, without hesitation because I believe that a better Scotland for my kids (and yours) is just within our grasp.

I just want more transparency about the process, rather than the end-result shocks like Grangemouth, of the process, if you know what I mean.

If it happens and we end up with the eruo how will you feel then?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Ah yes, But since the early 70s the UK - as part of a fresh Global plan- did not care about 'Creating New Jobs'. ICI shut up shop and moved to Russia. Rolls Royce went skint and shipped large part of their remains to Asia. All Large Industries plus Manufacturers shut down and moved out to Beijing, Bahrain, India, Thawain, and China etc. Any signs of their future return to the UK ???? NO. Cadbury's now in Checkoslakia and so it goes on. Remember when JFKs widow married one Greek oil owning billionaire ??? Greece too was OK then, take a look at such now. Scotland, Northern Ireland, Terrific engineering companies that were part of Ship-building, all gone now.

Someone is slowly turning back the clock and soon the UK wilol similarise the days of Charles Dickens.

Far be it for me to ramble on about just how the UK wound-up in its present state, but I felt a loss when the ever wonderful charachteristic's of Fleet Street was so quickly crushed into nothing. Farewell free speech eh ?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

If it happens and we end up with the Euro...

Well that's my point. I fervently want an independent Scotland, but I also want to understand the process that will take us there. I don't want to 'end up' with anything. We were promised a conversation, a discussion, some idea of how our- OUR, not Mr Salmond's- Scotland will look. So far we have no idea, and so we are left guessing as to what our currency will be, where we fit in Europe etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I've just noticed this thread.
As soon as I noticed it my immediate thought was 'Bet this is a thread trying to blame those dastardly English'.
I hoped it wasn't - seems my initial thought was right.

Always thought the OP was a lot better than this.

Not everything that is wrong in Scotland is England's fault and not everything is a conspiracy.

Just another case of those with money and power trying to screw over honest, working people and nothing to do with nationality.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

wmd_2008

beansidhe

If it happens and we end up with the eruo how will you feel then?

I dont care what shape, colour or whatever my notes will be just so long as they buy sausages and beer and stuff....ever tried to cash a Scottish Poondie Abroad....probably better off with a bloody Euro anyway..
All this scare mongering coming from Westminster grinds my gears...as far as our army and National security goes...we will defend our international borders...that's it. full stop...Westminster can create it's own enemies with it's foreign policy...just leave us out of it's illegal Wars. save a right few bob there.

If Westminster needs a few well trained Dogs of War then they can recruit some Mercenaries from North of the Border...Better bloody pay for their Bloody deeds anyway.
edit on 4-11-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Soloprotocol

I dont care what shape, colour or whatever my notes will be just so long as they buy sausages and beer and stuff...

Tell the southern europeans that!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry to resurrect a very old thread but despite being told back in 2013 that the Ineos Plant at Grangemouth is to close, it has actually remained open till now. But the owner has again stated that it will close later this year.
I'm just wondering whats going on now.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

Apparently they are turning it into an import-export terminal?

In November 2023, Petroineos announced that over the next 18 months the refinery would undergo a number of discrete projects to transform it from a manufacturing site into an oil terminal, for the import, storage and distribution of a range of Fuels.[6]

The business cited the infeasibility of continuing to operate as a profitable going concern, under the multiple pressures of over-capacity in the North-West Europe market, the ongoing demand destruction for road fuel from the electrification of road vehicles, compounded by the high cost of manufacturing in the UK.

Completion of the transformation would occur around 2025, with commencement of terminal operations between then and 2027. This would be accompanied by shutting down all of the Refinery operating Plants, plus a significant number of redundancies, and would also impact Finnart Oil Terminal and Kinneil. None of the other Ineos businesses at Grangemouth would be affected.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.reuters.com...

Good to see you posting Big Man.....don't be a stranger.

posted on Jan, 4 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
I was locked out of ATS for quite a while.

So regarding Grangemouth closing. It's Scotland's only oil refinery. The oil is drilled from under the North Sea and comes via underground pipeline straight into Grangemouth. It doesn't see the light of day at all. Straight from under the sea bed into Grangemouth.

So now I don't know how they will get it to English refineries. I think England has about 5 of them, just no oil.

It all seems erm not right

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join