It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thankful for a local officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This morning I locked my keys in my car..... I had taken my 2 older children into school, got half way to my van and realized I didn't have my keys in my pocket. Bummmer. I walked to the van to check the doors anyway. No luck. looked in the back window and saw my keys staring at me. I walked back into the school and called the only person I could think of, who doesn't have a car today. My husband is in class for 3 hours, taking an exam, so the spare key was out of the question. I had resigned myself to walking home, in the rain, carrying my 30 lb toddler (did I mention her, my 30 lb 2 year old?). I only live a mile or so away, but the road is not pedastrian friendly, at all. I cringe everytime I see someone walking it. So I get started, only to see an officer there. They show up for morning drop offs periodically, just to shw the law's presence at the school. I tought "well, this is what they are supposed to be here for, to help" and asked for a ride home. He, thankfully, obliged, and didn't negelect to tell me that he was doing "a no no" by transporting a toddler without carseat! I am very thankful he was there to help. My irst, and hopefully only time in a cruiser! I know walking home wouldn't have killed me- actually, the drivers on that road could have- but it was a blessing to me. Just wanted to share.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Ok, now think about this, he broke the law transporting you and your toddler in that manner!

How many OTHER LAWS has he violated?

How many peoples God given rights has he violated?

The LAWS of men are for ALL men, hes not special, there are no exceptions. the people of the Police departments shouldn't VIOLATE the laws, they should be held to HIGHER standards than those not serving as police officers. Shouldn't they, we should be able to TRUST them not to VIOLATE those laws they are sworn to protect!

Now one more thought, my friends allot of the guys I served with in Marines are police officers, they have TOOLS they can unlock your car with in their vehicles, they are trained with them. so why didn't he JUST UNLOCK your vehicle, are you pretty, did he have ULTERIOR motives for giving you a RIDE HOME?

Something for you to think about, the mind is a powerful thing, don't just take things at face value THINK!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Well I think that was nice of him to do. There's a few roads around here that are not pedestrian friendly what so ever. I see kids walking to school and it scares me so bad!!

Hope you get your keys out and have a great day.
Peace to you~~~

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Thank you for sharing OP. We have a local police unit that sits on campus at different times of the day for a particularly bad 4-way stop, right in the middle of things and where everyone has to cross to get from one side to the other. When he isn't there, near pedestrian vs. car accidents aren't that unusual and no one pays any mind to driving across a crosswalk while it's half full of people. It's comforting to see it there when I need to cross.

Who said cops are just good for drug raids and door kicking? lol... I'd bet he enjoyed what he did for you far more than most of what he does on an average day.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

He is well known at the school, and is there a lot. My oldest daughter will be so excited to hear my story, she gets excited just spotting him at the school! She is at that age where she idolizes people in those positions, hasnt seen the ugly side yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I love hearing stories about our officers "serving and protecting" their community, just as they should be doing for the American taxpayer. I don't believe that all officers of the law are corrupt and egomaniacs and that's why more stories like this need to make there way into the media.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

GodsLawsWork
reply to post by chelsdh

Ok, now think about this, he broke the law transporting you and your toddler in that manner!

How many OTHER LAWS has he violated?

How many peoples God given rights has he violated?

The LAWS of men are for ALL men, hes not special, there are no exceptions. the people of the Police departments shouldn't VIOLATE the laws, they should be held to HIGHER standards than those not serving as police officers. Shouldn't they, we should be able to TRUST them not to VIOLATE those laws they are sworn to protect!

Now one more thought, my friends allot of the guys I served with in Marines are police officers, they have TOOLS they can unlock your car with in their vehicles, they are trained with them. so why didn't he JUST UNLOCK your vehicle, are you pretty, did he have ULTERIOR motives for giving you a RIDE HOME?

Something for you to think about, the mind is a powerful thing, don't just take things at face value THINK!

The local cop was being a nice guy, don't make it into something it isn't. Praise good work and be vocal about them being asses, but no reason to twist reality.

Not every cop has a carjacker5000 in the car.
edit on 22-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Glad to hear you had a positive experience!

I give rides all the time. Especially where I am from because it rains a lot.

I also enjoy helping people with their broke down vehicles, holding doors open, saving runaway animals from being hit by a car, being a listener, being a counselor and too many other things to list.

Thank you for sharing your postive experience. Most people nowadays only like to focus on the negative incidents involving law enforcement. Especially on ATS. Then when you want to talk about a positive experience, people like to say "well that is their job they're supposed to do that." So thank you.

PS No one in my department or any other department in my county are issued slim jims to unlock doors. Even if we were, they don't work 100% of the time.
edit on 22-10-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

The officer didn't HAVE to give me a ride. He was on the phone, and I got the impression he was planning to do something else. Though he never acted put out. If it hadn't been for him, I would have been walking a mile on a dangerous street, in the rain, carrying what would have been a very unhappy 2 year old. Anyone that wants to be ugly and shoot down(verbally) someone who helps others, even if it means transporting a child without a car seat, can sit on a pin.
Torquey-Thank you for helping others in need.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
you guys are missing the point he broke the LAW to do it. Hes not above the law even if it fits you at the time being. That logic is failed, you cant break one law to help one person then write someone else a ticket for breaking the law.

If you have an unjust law it needs to be changed! Not broken by the people sworn to uphold them! Breaking a law because its good for you, isnt right!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Think about the logic I'm pointing out to you, don't be emotional. he broke the law. If the law is stupid it needs to be changed, and this police officer broke it, whats the next law going to be he breaks?

Police officers arent above the law!

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TorqueyThePig

Most of the officers I know are not issued them either, they buy em separately. I know others who have been trained to pick locks too, not the norm, but they can. My whole point is for people to think. Its not ok for any office to break the law, if the law is unjust, it needs to be repealed. That way no citizen can be cited for the stupid law either!

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

GodsLawsWork
reply to post by chelsdh

Think about the logic I'm pointing out to you, don't be emotional. he broke the law. If the law is stupid it needs to be changed, and this police officer broke it, whats the next law going to be he breaks?

Police officers arent above the law!

Wouldn't you see it as equally cold of him to have given her no assistance and simply ignored her situation, knowing there was a law and he'd be violating it in technical terms to help?

It's an excellent example, in my opinion, of why that is one of the truly thankless jobs of society. As you point out here. Due to politicians making laws the cop likely dislikes in many cases too, he either has to be a perfect jerk to a person in need .. or violate the very law he's sworn to uphold in being a decent human being.

What a world. I'm glad we have cops like him to make the right decision when faced with such moral dilemmas though. It's the kind who blindly follow the law just because it's written, that tend to use it to most hurt folks I think.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

No your wrong he didnt have to be a jerk, if he used his brain, their are always alternatives, calling a taxi for her. All of taxi services will do comps if called by police officers for safety, or some municipalities have funds where the taxi can be paid for by the city.

You all are missing the point, heck the officer should have called his headquarters told them what was going on and asked what to do. Then it brings their attention to the stupid law.

If the LAWS are stupid, they shouldn't be laws, we don't just break them and then say oh this was merited in "THIS INSTANCE"

THERE CAN BE NO SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT, if so then who gets to choose WHEN ton enforce the laws?

Whats good for one HUMAN here in AMERICA is good for all of us, NO SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT!

top topics

join