It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer captures pair of 'Flying Saucers' while taking pictures at West Country seaside resor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Looks a lot like a frisbee...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Follow up to my last post--It turns out that green and purple fringes are well known in photography. They are caused by something called chromatic aberration. The less than perfect lens of the camera sends part of the color information in the image to the edges of bright areas of the photograph. In this case these bright areas surround the dark ellipse. If the image of the dark ellipse had been inserted into the photograph by computer, it doesn't seem that these color fringes should be present. The image of the dark ellipse wouldn't have gone through the lens of the camera and caused the color distortions.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Irresponsible use of a clay pigeon launcher?

Bingo.

Clay pigeons, launched from a yacht moored in the marina.

It's quite common i believe, so it actually is a very likely candidate, even if you did say it tongue in cheek.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

This does make a lot of sense since the objects were small. Not the several plus of feet that would be needed to constitute a craft of some sort! I've been to shooting range before and I can absolutely wrap my mind around this as a satisfactory answer. Particularly if witsses or footage indicates the object is small.

And the winner of this round of identify this UFO is TrueBrit a round of applause and well wishes of many stars!

Case closed to my mind.

CdT

edit on 19-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: added thought

edit on 19-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: edit - word

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The issue I have with the pictures is that the original one and the enhanced picture do not appear to marry up. Surely if the first image is blurry then the enhanced image should also be blurry however, it appears to be of a much better quality (if you understand what I'm trying to say). I would also take anything the Daily Fail posts with a pinch of salt.
edit on 19-10-2013 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

MysterX
reply to post by TrueBrit

Bingo.

Clay pigeons, launched from a yacht moored in the marina.

It's quite common i believe, so it actually is a very likely candidate, even if you did say it tongue in cheek.

My take exactly...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

TrueBrit
reply to post by onehuman

What ever this turns out to be, it is certainly one of the clearer images I have seen published as part of the history of the subject of UFO.

Dude, is that you in the avatar lol. Just about dropped tablet lol. Nice looking pic, ufo looks like to me lol.

The Bot

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

And the winner of this round of identify this UFO is TrueBrit a round of applause and well wishes of many stars!
Case closed to my mind.

It's a good idea but there are a couple of problems with them being clay pigeons .
We can assume they weren't released from the ferry which would mean if they were clay pigeons they would have to have been released closer to land given their position , the objects in the picture appear to me to be to large to be skeets .

Having been a trap boy when I was younger I don't recognise this (if it is an enhancement) as being a clay pigeon.....

I'm not ruling it out but don't think it's the answer

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

gortex

It's a good idea but there are a couple of problems with them being clay pigeons .
We can assume they weren't released from the ferry which would mean if they were clay pigeons they would have to have been released closer to land given their position , the objects in the picture appear to me to be to large to be skeets .

Having been a trap boy when I was younger I don't recognise this (if it is an enhancement) as being a clay pigeon.....

What about from a boat just out of view say on the left of the OP picture.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

It's possible but the Clay Pigeon theory doesn't feel right to me .
Here's a video of the trip across the river to give an idea of the surrounding area , I'm assuming this is the trip he took given this is the Kingswear to Dartmouth ferry .

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Did anyone notice that the photos are all stamped © Haydn Morgan / SWNS.com, yet the story or photos don't appear on the SWNS.com site? I thought that was odd.

Here's a slightly larger image from news24s.com without the photo credits.

He added: 'I have no idea what it is. It's certainly not a bird of any shape or kind.

I'm going to have to go with Bluurrds. With these type of UFO reports it's ALWAYS what they tell you it's not.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Yes dlbott, that is indeed my leering mug in my avatar!

Disclaimer: I can take no legal responsibility for damages caused by direct exposure to, or shock reactions to this image

posted on Nov, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I am a colleague of Haydn Morgan and I can confirm that the image is genuine. I examined the sequence of images taken at that time and this one was the only one with the two 'objects' on it. Being an experienced photographer myself I can confirm that the objects are not dust spots. The camera used was a Canon DSLR . Unlike with film where a dust spot can be seen on one frame and not on previous, or later frames (due to the transport of the film frame by frame), dust on a digital sensor remains in the same position. Modern cameras have built in vibration devices which shake off dust. However, these are usually only activated when switching off or switching on the camera. On this occasion the series of images were taken only seconds apart without activation of the dust deletion technology. The likelihood of two pieces of dust appearing on the sensor at the same time and both falling off the sensor at the same time is so remote as to be practically impossible.
A contributor queried how the paper managed to get the better image from the blurred 'object'. It didn't. There are two objects. The one on the right of the image being larger and more defined than the more indistinct one on the left.
I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to this sort of thing but when I enlarged these objects on screen I could offer no explanation as to what they were. There is actually another small out of focus object on the image but on closer inspection that is clearly a bird of sorts ( probably a gull ).
However, whatever these objects may or may not be, I can quite categorically state they are not dust spots.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

wmd_2008

gortex

This is neither a hoax nor a sign that the aliens are here.

What this most likely could be is this:

Note the similarity (hole in the center, "notch" out on the side to the right).

Bruce Maccabee has's pretty much debunked these "donut with notches" UFOs as a camera artifact.

posted on Nov, 23 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Bobthedog
However, whatever these objects may or may not be, I can quite categorically state they are not dust spots.

Thanks for this very informative post.

Any idea on how to find the original unmodified photo? I think that I can give a good range of distance vs size estimation of the objects using my favorite software.

An example on how it works:

But to do this, the uncropped and unmodified photo is needed.

Thanks again!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join