It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass UFO Sightings of the Past

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I had just uploaded this to my pics earlier for another thread and decided not to use it.

Gonna use it now tho.

Himmelserscheinung über Nürnberg vom 14. April 1561.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Himmelserscheinung_%C3%BCber_N%C3%BCrnberg_vom_14._April_1561.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org...

The Fleet in motion:

Star Wars:Return of the Jedi VI - Battle of Endor FULL (Space Only) 1080p
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
www.youtube.com...

Star Wars: The Imperial Fleet ( HD\HQ )
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2T7Xv_cQc
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

Awesome case! :thumbs up: Here is more information about the UFO Battle over Number in 1561.

Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia for a brief history on this case.

Around dawn on April 4, 1561, residents of Nuremberg saw what they described as an aerial battle, followed by the appearance of a large black triangular object and then a large crash outside of the city. According to witnesses, there were hundreds of spheres, cylinders and other odd-shaped objects that moved erratically overhead.[1][2][3][4][5]

A broadsheet news article was printed on April 14, 1561 describing the event. The broadsheet, illustrated with a woodcut engraving and text by Hans Glaser, measures 26.2 centimetres (10.3 in) by 38.0 centimetres (15.0 in). The document is archived in the prints and drawings collection at the Zentralbibliothek Zürich in Zurich, Switzerland.[6]

The broadsheet describes objects of various shapes including crosses, spears, discs, a crescent, and a tubular object from which several smaller, round objects emerged and darted around the sky at dawn.[7]

Wikipedia Link

Further reading at UFO Evidence

One has to wonder - what were the elite up to in 1561? :waggles eyebrows: Or did a bad guy break away from protocol among other-wordly ranks? This is a good case that illustrates the antiquity of this phenomenon, to my mind, anyways.

CdT
edit on 19-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Either George Lucas drew inspiration from that woodcut, or he met the Great Gazoo!!

Thanks for filling in the history of that woodcut for me. I've looked at it so much it felt as common as a McDonalds logo to me.

Someone broke protocol for sure!!

The story is built into us....

Ever seen Babylon 5?

Babylon 5 - In the Beginning
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwtLs-yyO5g
www.youtube.com...

Cool thread here about Roddenberry and Star Trek Phenomenon and Roddenberry abductions.

Roddenberry, Trek, and "The Nine"
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread938966/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you put all the stories together, you kind of get the big picture of whats going on out there.

Its very competitive and active!!

Imagine the advantages a primitive race would have finding debris.. or forming an Alliance with one of the factions.

I wonder if the Black triangle object on the Nuremburg woodcut may be a portal.

Lets say an Alien race or Coalition of races have the ability to use stars as jump-gates...

Sun Black Triangle - AIA 211 (2012-03-12 06:00:00 - 2012-03-13 05:51:24 UTC)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqliNgq4BVo
www.youtube.com...

Nassim Haramein. Giant UFOs, Black Hole Sun
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmqE78jSeiI
www.youtube.com...

and then this one, i might have shown you this before.

Mayan UFO Alien Connection (UFOs, Sightings, Ancient Mayans) Must See!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPnbYsjgnFE
www.youtube.com...

I like this version for the music!

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail

Hi Sparrows tail. I wanted to follow-up on some of the cases you mentioned in your post. I still couldn't identify the specific case in Czech or Poland though.

The Stephenville sighting was one of those cases I considered mentioning in my opening thread.Here is an expert and link to more on that story for newer members who might not be familiar with the case.

STEPHENVILLE, Texas - On January 8, at least 200 people saw a UFO in the rural town of Stephenville, Texas, which is about 70 miles southwest of Fort Worth. The witnesses included a pilot, a lawman and several businessmen. Reporter Angela K. Brown quotes one witness as describing the UFO "as a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast." Another witness describes seeing "red glowing lights and then white flashing lights moving fast." In Linda Sorrells reports seeing fighter jets chasing the UFO and describes the UFO as "very large and without seams, nuts or bolts." A video has become available (see below) on CNN of Stephenville UFO witnesses describing what they saw.

Stephenville UFO Case

As to the Instabul case, I could not do it justice as well as CigaretteMan did in his thread: ATS Exclusive - Turkey UFO Incident

SLAYER69 did a stellar job looking into the Alaksan case and can be found here: JAL Flight 1628 Over Alaska

Are you overwhelmed by the evidence yet AtholonSavage?

CdT

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

SLAYER69 did a stellar job looking into the Alaskan case and can be found here: JAL Flight 1628 Over Alaska

That is in my top 5 Close Encounter cases.

If not #1 a close tie between that one, 1994 Zimbabwe, Fire in the sky - Walton Story, Colares Brazil, and Hessdalen!

Colares Brazil UFO Files History Channel Episode.

The Ufo Case Of Colares Brazil
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOjUO1N3qfk
www.youtube.com...

This is just the tip of the ice-berg...
edit on 19-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I firmly believe that there is organization, laws, rules - in the macrocosm. As above so below, so below as above. In fact, I'm fairly certain of it in my own mind, through my own personal studies and experiences.

So a galactic or rather cosmic order in operation is rather easy to grasp. Religious folk have been on about it for years! :p

But I think our perceptions are off on where they are from.... I think they are all around us and have been, in the shadows, for a good fair while. Like I said, I think they are ED and possibly ET or a combo of both. Regardless, they obviously operate in a field not normally visible by us. Some of the eyewitness accounts of beings materializing in peoples homes. I'd have to dig to find it, but I once remember reading a story...

A officer in the military, top secret stuff said he was thinking of blowing the whistle on clandestine operations with a certain sect of aliens. The reptilians. Meanwhile, I believe it was his daughter was at home in her room. She turned around and coming out of the closest was a huge humanoid reptile. She ran out of her room and into the bathroom. Where it struggled with the door for a moment to try to get in. Just then, her father the military officer came home. She had prood in what looked to be nail or claw marks on the bathroom door she had locked. He was convinced it was a warning.

Supposedly, these beings are very telepathic! But it brings to mind the archaic things to for me. Technically we'd have called these beings perhaps angels in timess of Noah, Naga in Tibet... As you point out the Americas. No one can deny the reptile gods worldwide.Snake worship. At one time they visited earth and dwelled among us prevalently. It would not surprise me if a meeting of the worlds we find a reptoid human race among them. Perhaps with claims they lived here millions of years past, because with the dinosaurs they too were facing extitiction, amid one of Earth's traumatic, turbulent phases. Those who stayed behind, went deep into the earh to try to survive. So they took to the stars...and now wish to return home! What if - right?

CdT

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

AbleEndangered
I had just uploaded this to my pics earlier for another thread and decided not to use it.

Gonna use it now tho.

Himmelserscheinung über Nürnberg vom 14. April 1561.jpg

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f1/Himmelserscheinung_%C3%BCber_N%C3%BCrnberg_vom_14._April_1561.jpg
upload.wikimedia.org...

The Fleet in motion:

Star Wars:Return of the Jedi VI - Battle of Endor FULL (Space Only) 1080p
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
www.youtube.com...

Star Wars: The Imperial Fleet ( HD\HQ )
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph2T7Xv_cQc
www.youtube.com...

The Nuremburg report, (and artist's interpretation based on the report), could very well be a firework display.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Reptilians and amphibians would probably be the best Races for Space travel and combat!

They are already built to hibernate, really I wonder if hibernation ids a result of space travel in general...

In all the "Alien" Ridley Scott line, the Humans are always waking from deep sleep. Avatar and Pandorum Movies did it too. Pandourom took it to another level tho.

Catch Pandorum movie if you haven't.

Stephen King is always writing about alien space worms, might be something to that too...

Another excellent species for space travel would be octopus and squids. Them already being in fluid will help with immense G-Forces in Combat.

Fear the Squids!!

Galaxy Quest (3/9) Movie CLIP - Probed By Aliens (1999) HD
www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8mK-A_0viA
www.youtube.com...

H.G. Wells also envisioned Space faring Squids!!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cephalopod
en.wikipedia.org...

Cuttlefish
Kings of Camouflage
www.youtube.com/watch?v=In7n590GjxU
www.youtube.com...

Escape Artists - may even escape a planet
An Octopus Story, The Great Escape!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNPf-DchKO4
www.youtube.com...

Imagine space as an uncompressed fluid and a planet sized cuttle fish fly's by!
edit on 19-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: addition

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

taoistguy
The Nuremburg report, (and artist's interpretation based on the report), could very well be a firework display.

Pretty logical to think that.

Good theory too!

My imagination won't accept fireworks tho...

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

AbleEndangered

taoistguy

Pretty logical to think that.

Good theory too!

My imagination won't accept fireworks tho...

Why not?
What will/would it accept?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The Fatima sighting over in Portugal. That's a mass sighting, was it something like 80,000 people who watched the ufo? The church, did they make a play for this event publicity wise or cover it up really............

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Greetings

That could be a possible explanation but did you read what Cirque posted on page 2:

Awesome case! :thumbs up: Here is more information about the UFO Battle over Number in 1561.

Around dawn on April 4, 1561, residents of Nuremberg saw what they described as an aerial battle, followed by the appearance of a large black triangular object and then a large crash outside of the city. According to witnesses, there were hundreds of spheres, cylinders and other odd-shaped objects that moved erratically overhead.[1][2][3][4][5]

A broadsheet news article was printed on April 14, 1561 describing the event. The broadsheet, illustrated with a woodcut engraving and text by Hans Glaser, measures 26.2 centimetres (10.3 in) by 38.0 centimetres (15.0 in). The document is archived in the prints and drawings collection at the Zentralbibliothek Zürich in Zurich, Switzerland.[6]

The broadsheet describes objects of various shapes including crosses, spears, discs, a crescent, and a tubular object from which several smaller, round objects emerged and darted around the sky at dawn.[7]

Besides, fireworks in XVIth century Europe would have been very, very rare events. The fireworks displays even by the XVII and XVIII centuries were quite simple, extremelly expensive (therefore rare) usually used to mark any extraordinary event (the born of a heir to the throne, king birthday/marriage). You get the picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Fátima sightings:

The sightings began in early 1917 with what Lúcia described as an angel. She said he presented himself as the angel of Portugal and warned the three shepherds that a lady would appear to then later on.

The sightings of the lady (Marian sightings) started in May and occurred every day 13 of the month between May to October. In this last appearance was stressed by the lady as to be very important and she would then provide proof to her claims. It was in this last appearance that the so-called "miracle of the sun" happened.

The role of the Church (here as Catholic institution) evolved through time. Initially they didnt paid attention to the sightings (discarded as child pranks), then went skeptic about its nature (demonic phenomena) and, finally, they were all over it (in this phase, the Vatican was already deeply involved).
By the last sighting, the Vatican was very much in control of the public information and the shepherds declarations.

PS: Sorry about my english.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

meaningless333
Greetings

That could be a possible explanation but did you read what Cirque posted on page 2:

Besides, fireworks in XVIth century Europe would have been very, very rare events. The fireworks displays even by the XVII and XVIII centuries were quite simple, extremelly expensive (therefore rare) usually used to mark any extraordinary event (the born of a heir to the throne, king birthday/marriage). You get the picture.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Fátima sightings:

The sightings began in early 1917 with what Lúcia described as an angel. She said he presented himself as the angel of Portugal and warned the three shepherds that a lady would appear to then later on.

The sightings of the lady (Marian sightings) started in May and occurred every day 13 of the month between May to October. In this last appearance was stressed by the lady as to be very important and she would then provide proof to her claims. It was in this last appearance that the so-called "miracle of the sun" happened.

The role of the Church (here as Catholic institution) evolved through time. Initially they didnt paid attention to the sightings (discarded as child pranks), then went skeptic about its nature (demonic phenomena) and, finally, they were all over it (in this phase, the Vatican was already deeply involved).
By the last sighting, the Vatican was very much in control of the public information and the shepherds declarations.

PS: Sorry about my english.

Yes, it would have been a rare occurence, but it still seems the only explanation. It may also have been accidental. The descriptions sound similar to what a firework display looks like nowadays but in the collective descriptions which were gathered and condensed in the printed article by people whose mindset would have interpreted it in that manner.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by meaningless333

Thank you for filling in some info on Fatima, Meaningless333. I was meaning to get to it, but I've been lazy this Sunday morning, and my girls want to go on errands for personal necessities.

So. I'm off. But, I wanted to but in and say, that the officials of the time, I'm fairly certain were likely able to identify the differences between fireworks and anomolous phenomenon in the sky! Considering similar event, albeit on smaller scales continue into modern times.... In regards to Taoistguy's stance in the debate over Numberg possibly being fireworks.

I've no real difficulty including this event in the list of mass UFO sighting events.
I do believe our ancestors had a thought in their head and could logically deduce a fireworks display event vs. something unquantifiable and anomolous event. It was 1561 - not 20,000 b.c.

CdT
edit on 20-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarify

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by meaningless333

Thank you for filling in some info on Fatima, Meaningless333. I was meaning to get to it, but I've been lazy this Sunday morning, and my girls want to go on errands for personal necessities.

So. I'm off. But, I wanted to but in and say, that the officials of the time, I'm fairly certain were likely able to identify the differences between fireworks and anomolous phenomenon in the sky! Considering similar event, albeit on smaller scales continue into modern times....

I've no real difficulty including this event in the list of mass UFO sighting events.

CdT

I have to disagree. 'newspaper reporters' back then were just as ignorant about things as the ordinary people. They wouldn't have been experienced in such things as like today.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

I really do have one foot out the door. I'm beginning to be hagged and harassed by persistent children!

But upon my return I'll try to come up with an interesting rebuttal post and see if we can convince one another Numberg certainly does / doesn't qualify as an Mass UFO incident.

Until later!

CdT

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Although I do not completely rule out the fireworks explanation by now, I want to stress the following:

- the fireworks display were very simple by then - simple "rockets" launched to the air (for aerial fireworks) and ground fireworks. Those would not display the visual effects pictured on the image.

- looking at the picture that does not seem a fireworks display.
For instance, the author didnt portray the jet stream associated to aerial fireworks or the flash explosion.
He draws "objects" in the air.

Here are images of ancient aerial fireworks:

pic]ej5264045e.jpg[/pic]

And what about what seems to be broken wooden planks?

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

meaningless333

Although I do not completely rule out the fireworks explanation by now, I want to stress the following:

- the fireworks display were very simple by then - simple "rockets" launched to the air (for aerial fireworks) and ground fireworks. Those would not display the visual effects pictured on the image.

- looking at the picture that does not seem a fireworks display.
For instance, the author didnt portray the jet stream associated to aerial fireworks or the flash explosion.
He draws "objects" in the air.

Here are images of ancient aerial fireworks:

pic]ej5264045e.jpg[/pic]

And what about what seems to be broken wooden planks?

You seem to prove my point. They saw tubes in the sky. The author collected reports of what people said they saw and meshed it all together into one short report and 1 simple woodcut pic which today would be labelled, 'artists interpretation'. Woodcuts were very simple and I imagine the person doing the woodcut had a few more to do whilst under the deadline to get the paper finished and published so they can make money by selling it, much like the Daily Mail of today.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

CirqueDeTruth

I really do have one foot out the door. I'm beginning to be hagged and harassed by persistent children!

But upon my return I'll try to come up with an interesting rebuttal post and see if we can convince one another Numberg certainly does / doesn't qualify as an Mass UFO incident.

Until later!

CdT

No worries, CDT. I understand you have other stuff to do.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And...are you telling me the sun looked like that back in those days?

<< 1    3 >>

join