It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grace Anna (1 year old baby) sings The Star Spangled Banner (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I thought this was VERY cute, and wanted to share this for your Friday morning cuteness

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thanks OP ...very cute indeed . Nice to watch something like this and take your mind off all the bs out there .peace

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That's pretty amazing! Clearly that baby has no clue what most of those words are, but anticipates some of the phrases anyway, by rote memory I guess. Some of the consonant blends, like Br in the word Brave at the end... kids that age often haven't mastered that but she has.

You can tell she is watching and modeling the woman all through it. I see she has glasses. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say:
1. Her vision problem before she got glasses caused her to rely more on her ears, so she is very 'attuned' to sound, and...

2. Ever since she got glasses, she has 'woken up' to seeing all the things she could not before, and is more aware (in a visual sense) because of the huge difference between 'glasses on/glasses off.' So studying her mother's mouth shape to mimic the sounds-- she is on to something and she knows it!

I clearly remember the day, when I was 8-years-old, walking out of the optometrist with my very first pair of glasses. OMG... it was a whole new world. I can still "see" in my memory... the clearly defined bricks on the building, the individual leaves on the tree, the individual strands of hair on my sister's head! If I had always seen the world that way, I would not have marveled that day. That's my take on what this baby may be experiencing that makes her unusually adept at what she's able to do.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here is another video of her singing amazing grace.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 18-10-2013 by RammerJammer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One more.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Not necessarily. Some babies develop language skills much faster than normal. My son was speaking clearly at 1 year and using full sentences with extreme grammar skills (he'd correct adults lol much to their shock--was absolutely hilarious--my freaky baby boy). It happens, lol. She may not understand all the words but that's pretty impressive for a 1 year old.

Babies are just super cool in general.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well I think that is pretty awesome for a one year old!!! I'm impressed! Good job lil baby

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Youtube says she's three in the about. She doesn't look three though so color me confused.

3 year old Grace Anna Sings the National Anthem. Wow!!!!!

**Figured it out. Grace Anna is actually three years old. Grace has a disorder called Conradi Hunermann Syndrome, which can affect growth. Poor baby girl.
Go Grace!

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 18/10/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Beautiful, just beautiful. Thank you, Homer, and Viva La Grace Anna!

edit on 18-10-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I was like that too apparently. I don't really know what's happened since (paint chips?) but I was speaking in full sentences and had a pretty awesome vocabulary for my age at 1. I've seen some kids that can't get out a full sentence until 4 or 5 and then become amazing little talkers. It's weird how varied it is.

Here's a vid that's sort of related. I thought it was pretty cute.

Link

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

If you go to youtube on the original video it states she is 3.

Not to take away or antying but quite a bit of developmental difference between 1 and 3.

And she got a full set of teeth it looks like :p Not many 1yr olds with that.

Still cute.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I know it. I was responding to someone else, not the OP. Good catch either way.

Agree though, she's a sweetheart. Would definitely sing along, even though I'd be off key.

Something about seeing a child filled with joy makes my heart swell. Actually hearts, my species has three. A lot of beauty in this world we miss sometimes.
edit on 19-10-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I thought she was a year old, I don't know the difference between 1and 3 year olds, haven't been around enough of em to know lol

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

As a mother of 2, she looks like a 1 year old in the video to me, too. Even a full set of chompers doesn't dictate age that well. My son had a full set of chompers (nicknamed "the baby with all the teeth") and was eating regular food (including ham) by the time he was 1. Even had his 2 year molars. I don't measure by amount of hair or number of teeth but based on body size and shape. In the case of Grace Anna, her growth is developmentally delayed so she looks younger than she is.

reply to post by Domo1

Yep. My son's vocabulary was always advanced but I've had cousins who spoke late that quickly made up for lost time. Speaking, I think, isn't simply just a measure of intellect but also can be affected by all sorts of other variables including personality. One of my cousins was a delayed speaker and was very shy and quiet as a child. My nickname for her was "Mouse" but she was really very smart when she spoke.

lol @ paint chips. Supposedly, creativity and processing declines with age and the former goes fairly quickly. By the time one is 18 years old, they've already lost a great deal of their intellectual creativity. That's also what makes kids so awesome as they come up with the damnedest things. Love their imagination.

posted on Oct, 23 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Indoctrination.

Some people start it young.

top topics

join