It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUST IN : Edward Snowden Told the New York Times - " I Took no secret files to Russia and China "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Mr Snowden told the US newspaper that he did not take any of the documents because it would not have been in the public interest.
"What would be the unique value of personally carrying another copy of the materials onward," he said.

Some analysts had suggested he was working with Chinese intelligence, while others said he was working with the Russians.

But Mr Snowden rebuffed these claims, saying: "There's a zero per cent chance the Russians or Chinese have received any documents."

www.nytimes.com...

The New York Times report said its interview was conducted over several days via encrypted networks..

so the question is what he doing in Rusia and China?

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

He's stuck in Russia, who have granted him a year of temporary 'asylum' while he tries to arrange travel to Ecuador (as arranged by Julian Assange), or to another friendly country.

Good catch. The NSA has been regularly asserting that he most likely has classified documents and could be providing them to Russian Intel operatives. In light of the whistle-blower controversy it seems like it was more of a ploy to further extend the charges Mr. Snowden accrued under the Espionage Act. (e.g. to make him look more like a spy and less like a whistle-blower).

That fine line has become more defined as time goes on, but I don't see Mr. Snowden making it to Ecuador or another country anytime soon. Its more likely that he'll be stuck in the same whistle-blower limbo that Mr. Assange is in.

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
ha the thought police have got to him , down with the traitor ! big brother is watching you. its almost like he was the thought police then sold out for the greater good. but like the guy above said ^ ^ i think he is going the same way as assange. nice thread S&F

join