It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMMEDIATE BREAKING NEWS ! : White House Rejects 'Partisan' GOP Debt Plan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

matafuchs
The Tea Party? The Tea Party? When did they become so powerful?

Yes ... seriously lame. Reminds me of 'Animal Farm'. Napoleon (Obama) keeps telling the animal slaves that Sno-Ball (Tea Party) is the reason for their misery.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
It is possible Osama is forced, with threats of killing him and his family unless he does what they want him to do and say. You know, a puppet. Only logical explanation I can see.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Obama doesn't want to negotiate... Ignore the 19 times before the shutdown they requested to negotiate.
GOB didn't do the shutdown. Ignore the months of planning and bloating to the media about it. Ignore the convinient rule change so they cant vote on the shutdown.
Obama should just bend over and resign.
Some people...

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, or another party that in the 30's did the same thing. They defaulted and had an oppressed and poor society with a leadership group that wanted not only change but felt they had the best plan for defeat and to move forward with the new world and how to implement.

When it became known what was going to happen, a large group of countries decided to stop them as they were seen as the most powerful in the world or what could be become. I think we are finally seeing that this is beyond the POTUS control.

Although it may not fit this thread I cannot help but think that if there was a pre-emptive strike right now by a rogue nation that was tied to a up and coming superpower that this would all go away in a blink and the blame would be placed on that action for destroying the country instead of what has happened with reckless spending and poor decisions.

The time to strike America again is now and that scares me more than the debt ceiling. We are a split nation with and even though we have a 'mighty military' most of it is mothballed and has been cut to the core. It is the truth. There is no military leadership from the POTUS right now and after Syria and his backing down and recently the SEAL team incursion that failed it only shows again how weak we are.

edit on 10pm31pmfu2013-10-15T12:14:02-05:001202 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Mugen
It is possible Osama is forced, with threats of killing him and his family unless he does what they want him to do and say. You know, a puppet. Only logical explanation I can see.

Or. . . . . he's just a partisan asshat.

Either/or, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah I don't understand most people in this thread, it's like they are ignoring half the facts just to hate only on obama.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2013 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Am I right by saying they have untill midnight tomorrow to sort this out or is it might Thursday that they are screwed.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by deviant300

this isn't new...Obama has been consistent on this for months...this is on congress, and more specifically the republicans....this is THE 2ND TIME IN 2 YEARS that they have brought this economy to the brink with default...not just government shutdown, never mind the losses attributed to the sequester, remember that little piece of crap earlier this year? this is 2 DEFAULT THREATS IN 2 YEARS!!....they need to grow up, period!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
When a partisan Tea Party president states that he won't sign a bill without having absolutely everything that he/she wants in it, then the world can call him/her a "partisan asshat-hack-hateful little poo."

Until then, Obama has to fill that description.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Okie Dokie.... So...

In the left corner, we have Amateur Hour with 'You'll take my compromise of doing it 100% my way or we'll all go down together'.

In the right corner, we have 'Old Hack station' with 'you'll bend to our will our we'll break the nation in the process'.

I'd ask about popcorn, but I think the concession stand was closed for the Shutdown too. This movie sucks though....when does it end?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Bixxi3
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yeah I don't understand most people in this thread, it's like they are ignoring half the facts just to hate only on obama.

I totally agree with you, turning this into a issue about how is in the seat of the president is whats caused the problem. Now yes Obama has made mistakes, but lots of people are just using this as a excuse to hate on Obama a little more.

I think he is handling this whole thing rather well, its a few who are holding the country ransom to their demands.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

The people need to hate on both parties, they both have the same agenda in the end. They just glamour it up for each party style voters.

The sooner people get away from the two party system the better.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The President is guilty of nothing.

This is purely on the GOP/Tea Party

If nothing is sent to the president's desk so he can sign it, then it cannot be his fault.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

That's because "love is blind". If it weren't, you might see the light.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

BenReclused
reply to post by Bixxi3

If the GOP really cared. Then they would stop using this government shutdown which they caused as a bargaining chip to change obamacare.

If Mr. Oblamer REALLY cared, he would stop being the PARTISAN IN CHIEF!

See ya,
Milt

And he would quit living in the Spithouse. Get it? Spitehouse? How can anyone support him?

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Am I right by saying they have untill midnight tomorrow to sort this out or is it might Thursday that they are screwed.

I don't think it's an exact time limit that has been set by anyone and there are still ways they can fudge things beyond Thursday.

But I sure don't want to find out what will really happen by going past Thursday without a deal.

And regarding the theory that it is better to default now rather than later which some are now reporting being the Tea Party plan all along.

Perhaps that idea is valid, perhaps not. But it's certainly not something that the American people voted on, there was no discussion of this and having a very small minority faction in the House trying to abruptly implement this on their own is just nuts.
edit on 15-10-2013 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

muse7
The President is guilty of nothing.

This is purely on the GOP/Tea Party

If nothing is sent to the president's desk so he can sign it, then it cannot be his fault.

I say let it crash and burn!

Then it can be 'Not Obama's Fault'.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Bixxi3

I don't understand you gop haters in here you people must be slow or just blind.
How can't you people not see that this is what the government wants this, otherwise this whole shutdown B.S would have been over.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I can't believe some people buy into the "evil republicans holding America hostage" idea that the news has been pushing down our throats. Both parties and the potus are responsible. Republicans won't budge unless something gets reduced on ACA someway(which is unconstitutional but hey, there ya go), the democrats won't endorse anything that touches the ACa. Potus is out campaigning against the republicans instead of leading. He should be in there every day with both party leaders pushing for compromise.

In reality, its the lack of firm leadership and a willingness to do something he has never done, and thats compromise.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
(A) This was a hastily assembled HOUSE bill to soothe the TP and compete with the bipartisan Senate Bill that is being assembled.

(B) The GOP even admitted that they might not have the votes necessary to pass it ...even in their own GOP Caucus in the HOUSE! let alone the Senate or the President.

So the bill was BS to begin with. Just more right wing play-acting. The bill they pitched couldn't even pass their own GOP majority in the House! So why the hell would the President endorse it?

House hopes to move own debt plan, but may not have the votes
thehill.com...

House Republicans said they hoped to vote Tuesday on a new fiscal plan, but doubts immediately sprouted up over whether they can muster the votes to pass it.

Senior House Republicans had hoped to jump out in front of the Senate plan, but a two-hour, closed-door Republican conference meeting that began with a collective rendition of “Amazing Grace” ended without consensus, and lawmakers said conservatives were demanding changes to the plan.

Seriously...you guys BS too much.

They couldn't even get their own to back the bill...It was never a serious bill.

edit on 15-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join