It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oceans In Between Us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Your captivating aura resonated from afar, but I never had the confidence to come close and talk with you - to let you know how I felt. I was always frightened by the possibility that you would turn me down. After all, we were from different worlds; you were in your clique and I was in mine. It would have been strange for us to cross that barrier and go out. Nevertheless, I still fantasised about the possibility. Although my mind was young and immature at the time, I knew the connection I felt towards you would transcend my teenage years.

Ten years have passed and I still think about you. I wonder what you are doing and where you are. What places you have travelled, people you have met and the life experiences you have had. Are you still single, in a long-term relationship or married? Maybe you have a family of your own and have relocated to a far-away land. Perhaps you are single and like it that way - either way, I wish you knew how I felt back then. That would explain the distance I kept between us.

I wonder: do you ever think about me? Or am I just one among a myriad of long-forgotten memories? There may be oceans in between us, but that's not very far...

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

ah that's really lovely

S&F

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
What you have written there is quite beautiful, but also quite sad...

It's a bit like loss, it is something that you wanted, but you weren't sure whether the other person wanted the same as you, and you never found out and you will never know...

I have always lived with the fact that if you don't know, then the best thing to do is to find out the answer if possible. I have never found it difficult, if I liked a particular girl and I wanted to go out for a date with her, then I would ask her. If she said no, then obviously she wasn't interested and I would continue with my life. I am not the best looking bloke in the world, but there are other niceties about me and I have always used them to my advantage if possible...

There no point mulling things over, go straight to the point and ask the question, if you get knocked back, then so be it, at least you tried. You can't win it if you are not in it...

As for now, obviously you are thinking about her again. Then why not try and find out where she is and see what her circumstances are. For all you know she may have married, got divorced and is now on her own waiting for a new person to come along and sweep her off her feet, and that my friend could be you, yes you....

So give it a try, this time in a month your life could be so different from now, remember you are only here on this earth once, so at least make it a great as you can...

You know you want to.......

edit on 12-10-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Dave you gave some wonderful advice.
You are definitely worthy of a marvelous brekkie buddy!

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

littled16
reply to post by davethebear

Dave you gave some wonderful advice.
You are definitely worthy of a marvelous brekkie buddy!

Cheers babe..x.......

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

As soon as I saw the title it reminded me of this song by Muddle of Pudd songmeanings.com...

Actually its Puddle of Mudd. That's just what my bestie and I called it back when it was on the radio all the time. When you listen to it, it has the same mood and or tone to it as what you wrote. You should check it out.

I definitely feel for ya man. Nothing lingers like thoughts/regrets of an unrequited or even worse, an untried, untested love... I hope that you will either find this girl and tell her how you feel/felt, or find a romance that helps you find closure and true happiness!

new topics

top topics

join