It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we distracted from Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I haven't seen much of anything on Syria in the past weeks. Whats up with that?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I saw a brief thing on the news the other day showing the U.N. inspectors arriving in Syria to catalog/inventory all the governments chemical weapons,i guess that whole situation is in the U.N. hands now.The MSM doesn`t report on peaceful resolutions to international problems they get better ratings when bombs are falling and rockets are flying.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Amen to that. There's not much positive news on the media these days. Everytime i turn on the tv or read a newspaper it's man shot here, women raped there, bombs dropped in that country. I believe ut's on purpose to keep the people living in fear. Letting the people think they need their governments to protect them.

But back on topic.... i think soon we are gonna have a major false flag in Syria that will start the downfall of Assad. The west really wants him gone for some reason and they will "by any means neccesary"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I don't think we are distracted from Syria. I do think that since Russia out maneuvered Obama and there was not international support for a US or coalition strike on Syria the media has moved on (even before the shutdown of the government).

I am always interested to see what the international community does and how it picks and chooses conflicts to get involved in. People are dying all over the world in many conflicts (especially in Africa) and nothing is done at all. NOTHING. Look the other way is the UN way. Useless organization (that we fund and host by the way).

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

The BBC run stories weekly at the moment, checking up on the situation as it unfolds. Yesterday it featured a story on the progress made by the UN weapons inspectors and the deconstruction efforts intended to render chemical weapons unusable. Numbers were bandied about, and some reporter chap blathered on a bit

They also covered the deaths of a few hundred people in a village, attributed to rebel action. I would say that the Syrian issue is still providing the carrion birds plenty of fresh meat to pick over, and where ever the vultures circle, you will find a reporter with an angle and a mortgage to pay off. Therefore, while Syria still has that going on, it will still be in the news.

It has to be said though, that there have been an awful lot of news stories that have, understandably interjected into the Syria narrative. The Syria conflict has been going on for two years and more, so it's natural that every now and again something staggering will interrupt the coverage. Take the West Gate shopping mall attack in Nairobi for example. That was a big assault, with many victims, and had all the drama that news reporters and journalists in general thrive on. It's little wonder that news of the continuing mess in Syria was broken up by things like this over the years that it has been unfolding.

new topics

top topics

join