It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEA takes sides in shutdown--guess which side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The nation's largest teachers union has made a six-figure TV and online ad buy blaming "tea party Republicans" for the federal government shutdown that's lasted nearly two weeks.

The National Education Association's ads, which will run in Washington and four states, single out Reps. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, Jeff Fortenberry of Nebraska, Tom Latham of Iowa and Chris Collins of New York. The ads accuse Republicans of playing a political "game" that's resulting in crippling cuts to education, pointing out that tens of thousands of students have been unable to attend Head Start preschool classes because of the shutdown.

Every union takes the side of the Nanny State. Spending money singling out "tea-party" candidates shows they're worried.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Although fairly accurate, maybe the reference to a "game" belittled the true intention of conservative insurrectionists? To use something a Faux News viewer might identify with: A war on the government status quo.

Status quo in this case, being laws that were passed and judged by the SCOTUS, procedural protocol, political good will and popular opinion.

One thing this isn't --and that is a negotiation. It can't be negotiation when on party punches the other in the face. It's an ill advised brawl and apparently the GOP has realized that too late?

This could unfold in many ways, but once extremists are shut out of the political process, the next move is typically armed insurgency.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Is Mitch McConnell a Tea Party Republican?

If he is, I didn't know it. I thought he was a plain old big government Republican.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well, the Tea Party people are the ones that initiated the shut down. So yes, they are to blame.

It's like holding someone hostage and claiming the police made you do it.

It's like farting and pointing at the dog.

*in sarcastic voice* "Oh please don't MAKE us shut down the government. You guys are forcing us with guns to our heads to shut down the government, it's all your fault that we are doing this!"

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The Tea Party people and the Republicans are also like an abusive husband, claiming it's the wife's fault he beat her up.

"Well it's her fault, if she hadn't pissed me off I wouldn't have had to beat her #"

The Tea Party people are also like rape apologists, claiming that it's the victims fault for being raped -- that they were "just asking to get raped, it's their fault".
edit on 11-10-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

butcherguy

If he is, I didn't know it. I thought he was a plain old big government Republican.

He was! That is, right up until he found out that he may get primaried by a Tea Party candidate. Just like the rest of the GOP, who are afraid to "publicly" vote in favor of a clean CR even though they support the idea. Go figure!

The Tea Party is holding the entire GOP hostage and none of them have balls enough to stand up to the insanity.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How are are 60 people to blame?

When they are a minority in the house, and senate,?

What an efffing joke.

60 people out of 535 'shut down' government.

Guess some people do need to stop spreading 'disinformation'.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Flatfish

butcherguy

He was! That is, right up until he found out that he may get primaried by a Tea Party candidate. Just like the rest of the GOP, who are afraid to "publicly" vote in favor of a clean CR even though they support the idea. Go figure!

The Tea Party is holding the entire GOP hostage and none of them have balls enough to stand up to the insanity.

In summary, the GOP Moderates are forcing federal workers to go without a federal paycheck...out of fear of losing their own federal paycheck.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Tusks
Every union takes the side of the Nanny State. Spending money singling out "tea-party" candidates shows they're worried.

Actually we take the side of candidates who believe in our right to a fair and safe workplace, better wages, a secure retirement and family-friendly policies such as paid sick leave and scheduling hours, affordable health care and education.

Many of the privileges you enjoy today at work was fought for a by a Union through collective bargaining and later became industry standards.

If you think what we want someone to tell us what to do, when to do it and how to do it apparently, you have no idea what a Union is ...

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

neo96

What an efffing joke.

Guess some people need to do some math?

The Tea Party Caucus is roughly 40-50 in the house of reps. ... 60 is stretch, but I will give you it is hard to tell since their are many pretenders.

The House of Reps is 432 members...not 535.

Of those 432..

232 GOP
200 Dem.

Pre-Shutdown, last election, 60% of voting Republicans identified themselves as Tea Party.

PRIMARIES – Tea Party supporters, of course, were far more prevalent in the Republican presidential primaries than they are in the nation’s population as a whole. In exit polls, 60 percent of Republican primary voters identified themselves as Tea Party supporters. Twenty-six percent were neutral, while just 11 percent said they were opponents of the movement.

THUS THE THREAT OF "PRIMARYING" MODERATE GOP THAT DON'T GO ALONG.

BUT 60% of GOP who represent less than half of the GENERAL POPULATION...is one half of one half...they can't win General Elections.

SO to keep their jobs in heavily Gerry-Mandered Districts, the Moderate GOP acquiesced to the Threats of the TP.
edit on 11-10-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

neo96

What an efffing joke.

It's not just about those 60 people, it's a little deeper than that.

Here, I'll give you a hint; Check out how a "witch" by the name of Christine O'Donnell beat incumbent House Republican Mike Castle in the Delaware primaries, (for the Senate seat previously held by Joe Biden) just to go on and lose to her Democratic opponent in the open election.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Yeah some people suck at math last time I checked 60 is less than 200, and 232.

Oh an congress is made up by the house and senate is it not ?

Thought we live in a country where mob rules, the shills are lying about the tea party

'shutting' government down.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It's not just about those 60 people, it's a little deeper than that.

Nope I know the left wants a 1 part rule in this country, and expect everyone to get on their knees for their beliefs.

Really speaks to the left of this country always attacking the right, when they left holds 2/3rd of government in this country.

How weak arse they are.

Here, I'll give you a hint; Check out how a "witch" by the name of Christine O'Donnell beat incumbent House Republican Mike Castle in the Delaware primaries, (for the Senate seat previously held by Joe Biden) just to go on and lose to her Democratic opponent in the open election.

So what ?

edit on 11-10-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join