It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the Political Madness going on, what would "YOU" do.........?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Let's say you had the chance to change the way the U.S.A. Does things.
What would "you" do (good or bad) that would be helpful in the change. Example: stop spending (why, how) - limited terms (why, how) and so on..

For me, personally I say make all congress members responsible and liable for thier actions by allowing them to be sued by the people. Stop allowing them to be 'above the laws'.
We need to make a petition to the voters.

Your turn.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Famouszor

I would send in the army to get rid of the corrupt politicians.

They would all be hung on lamp posts as an example of what will happen if you slap the American people's faces like that ever again.

Corporations would be made to pay ALOT in taxes...no more freebies on the backs of the people.

Voting would be paper ballets and they would never be able to be tampered with.

A third of the golf courses would be taken away and food will be grown so NOBODY goes hungry.

Free education as well.

edit on 10-10-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Simple.

Start by limiting spending to revenues only.
(cut & chop)

The government takes in $2.5 trillion a year.

They have been spending $3.5 trillion.

Start limiting imports like oil and other products.

We can produce enough goods and services ourselves just like we did not so long ago.

We can buy more oil from Canada, and produce more from U.S. sources.

The above will increase jobs and it will add to the revenues.

Get the unemployment down to under 4%.

Start reducing the borrowing.

And selectively delay payments of maturing securities.

Put the foreign interests *on notice*. Pay our own debt holders first.

Consolidate the military and protect everything closer to home.

Stop the military spending that only benefits foreign interests.

Why should American citizens keep going broke to keep the foreign interests rich ?

Their plans are destructive to American citizens.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

that was good, really! Now you need to vote someone in who can do this!!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I know im not a American (thank god) but hey my 2 cents (Or 2 pennys)

Reduce the USA military budget by half done by:
Withdrawing from the ME expect Isreal though only if they sign the nuclear non prolification treaty like the rest of the world and declare all there nukes and stop antagonsiing the arab states
Withdrawing from Europe (I mean we can look after ourselfs!)
Stop giving out US military money to Arab nations
Concentrate only on defending South Korea, Taiwan and Japan as those are the only allies at risk.
Try and encourage Japan to take up more military resposibilitys in its region defence.

Scrap Obama care and just expand on medicare and medicad

Round up all the bankers and Traders responsible for the 2008 Crash and strip them of all personal assets to help pay off the debt and ban them from ever holding a position of economic and political resposibilitys.

Stop 90% of NSA dometic spying and enacting strict privacy laws and slashing its budget.

Slowly phase out the myriad diffrengt alpbet agencys either by merging them or if not doing anything just eliminating them.

Legalise certain T&C no no's and tax them like booze.

Abolish student loans for non essential University courses. While allowing more scholerships for any needed proffesions.

Limit lobbying.

Encourage more partys to diversify the congress.

Change the laws slightly to stop any more goverment shutdowns and the possibility of delibrate default.

Forbid privately run prisions.

Enforce stricter enviromental safetly laws on fracking and high enviromental risk industrys.

Abolish media censorship after 9pm.

Try and push through some laws to curtial the lawsuit culture.

Relax gun laws but in exchange introduce mandatorty saftey courses.

Try and relax tax laws for small businesses while being stricter on bigger ones.

Give everyone in GITMO a trial. If gulity they can go to a normal fedral prison. If Inocent then release with compensation.

edit on 10-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-10-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Famouszor
Let's say you had the chance to change the way the U.S.A. Does things.
What would "you" do (good or bad) that would be helpful in the change. Example: stop spending (why, how) - limited terms (why, how) and so on..

For me, personally I say make all congress members responsible and liable for thier actions by allowing them to be sued by the people. Stop allowing them to be 'above the laws'.
We need to make a petition to the voters.

Your turn.

i'd restructure the fed and remove the central bank.

i'd return all our troops.
add higher costs to imports and lower costs to exports.

i'd remove nafta.
i'd quit giving our businesses incentives to go overseas

i'd remove the responsibiity of paying americas debts from the tax payers and instead make it the responsibility of the fed if they want to continue operating here. in the description of their responsibiity, they would not have the power to use new tax dollars to repay the debt and would have to pay the debts out of their surplus, as a sort of stark reminder that they created the mess and now they have to fix it. i would roll the space program into their job description and create massive amounts of jobs in the mining of space debris, like asteroids, and build cities in space. i'd have the fed use a portion of the mineral wealth thus gleaned, to repay our debts including all our gold they stole.

the board of trustees of the fed, would have to include members from both sides of congress and a major third party. they would no longer enjoy special protections as a private corporation and would become a real branch of the government, and their books and gold, be viewable and verifiable by all american citizens who inquire.

the IRS would be massively scaled down and their powers, massively curtailed. they could not seize property or bank accounts for unpaid taxes. people are willing to pay taxes provided it's reasonable.

i'd immediately make it illegal for special interest groups to give financial incentives to our politicians and supreme court.

i'd negotiate a repayment plan on our foreign debt that didn't include selling off our lands, taxing our people or war.

i'd immediately relieve business from the heaps of fines, fees, licenses, and other nasty restrictions, which drain their ability to be successful. i'd give them incentives to hire ANYBODY and quit giving them incentives to hire only minorities.

i'd close the border. decriminalize weapons. and let all the people out of prison who are in there for certain forms of drug dealing or tax evasion. i would immediately ban the use of prisoners as slave labor.

i'd make some drugs legal and other drugs, illegal. (this part i'm not allowed to elaborate on as it would be a violation of tos). i would stop the sale of gmos in this country and instead encourage companies like monsanto to sell us extremely healthy foods. the healthier the better. i'd give them major tax breaks to be sure they did it and did it right. let's see just how healthy than can make us, rather than how sick.

i'd make health care free for poor people and extremely reasonable for middle and upper class people by regulating how much pharmaceutical companies can charge our hospitals and people, for their medicines and medical supplies. i'd encourage the incorporation of eastern medicines at the mainstream level and offer it as optional treatments for those who wish a more natural approach to health care. i'd insist insurance companies accepted claims for such things and if they didn't, they could go do business in a different country.

i'd quit sending our tax payers money to foreign countries, and instead, use the money to find ways to make other countries self sustaining. i'd encourage the influx of healthy technology and renewable energy to any poor countries who wanted our help. i would encourage the oil nations to invest their energies into alternative energy sources and stop relying exclusively on the sale of oil. i would unshackle the dollar from oil.

i would do away with the big corporations stranglehold on the american business world by encouraging the growth of small businesses. chain corporations like mcdonalds, burger king, walmart and so forth, would only be allowed one per county. to alleviate their loss of income and the loss of jobs, i'd encourage them to partner with local prospectivel business owners, to create new businesses as replacements. i'd give them tax incentives to do so. same with other major corporations. i would no longer allow walmart and similar stores to sell us items made by dirt cheap labor in foreign lands.

i'd encourage the use of alternative energy technologies, remove smart meters from homes and businesses and encourage the use of LEDs instead of the new mercury light bulbs. there's no reason to have devices broadcasting dna altering signals, attached to our homes by law.

i would unshackle the farming community and give them incentives to adapt eastern medicine plants as a crop.

i'd do away with the stock market. that thing is a giant sucking sound. we didn't need such a thing for thousands of years, so there's no reason we need it now. lets get to the business of making money honestly.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

crazyewok
I know im not a American (thank god) but hey my 2 cents (Or 2 pennys)

I am an American, and a veteran at that, many of these are actually good ideas, and I would like to try my hand at expanding on a few of them.

Reduce the USA military budget by half done by:
Withdrawing from the ME expect Isreal though only if they sign the nuclear non prolification treaty like the rest of the world and declare all there nukes and stop antagonsiing the arab states
Withdrawing from Europe (I mean we can look after ourselfs!)
Stop giving out US military money to Arab nations
Concentrate only on defending South Korea, Taiwan and Japan as those are the only allies at risk.
Try and encourage Japan to take up more military resposibilitys in its region defence.

Would reduce it by at least half, the Cold war is over, most or all of our troops could be withdrawn from the European continent. Withdraw from the middle east, ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and pull out all of our troops. Support Israel being our only ally in the region. These people have been fighting since before recorded history, what gives us the right to stop their tribal/national behavior. Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea I can see, we need to assist our allies in the Pacific. The one you neglected to mention is the fraud, waste, and abuse in the procurement system for all of our government agencies.

Scrap Obama care and just expand on medicare and medicad.

I receive my medical care from the VA in the USA, and have absolutely no complaints about my care. It is run very much like your NHS, or the Canadian system, which I have spoken with online friends about. Medicare and Medicaid in this country are filled with fraud. If I had the power, I would deny any organization involved in healthcare to be run as a for-profit company.

Round up all the bankers and Traders responsible for the 2008 Crash and strip them of all personal assets to help pay off the debt and ban them from ever holding a position of economic and political resposibilitys.

In this matter, some of them should be hung, drawn, and quartered for the crime of treason

Stop 90% of NSA dometic spying and enacting strict privacy laws and slashing its budget.
Slowly phase out the myriad diffrengt alpbet agencys either by merging them or if not doing anything just eliminating them.

Our entire intelligence organization needs to be revamped, stop the wasteful overlap, and harshly apply our constitution in this matter.

Legalise certain T&C no no's and tax them like booze.

Wholeheartedly agree with this idea, but would like to expand it to include the promotion of industrial hemp.

Abolish student loans for non essential University courses. While allowing more scholerships for any needed proffesions.

Definitely agree with this, also ban for-profit colleges and universities. Get away from the idea that a college degree is a necessary thing, and encourage people not truly fit for college into vocations where reading Shakespear and Hemmingway are not necessary.

Limit lobbying.

Not far enough, ban lobbying. Corporate money should not be allowed to enter our election process, and strict limits should be placed on individuals. This lobbying and campaign contribution bull feces needs to end.

Enforce stricter enviromental safetly laws on fracking and high enviromental risk industrys.

In some areas they need to be stricter, but in some areas our environmental laws are completely out of whack. They need to be rewritten with some common sense applied, once the lobbyist are out of the picture.

Try and push through some laws to curtial the lawsuit culture.

Definitely agree here, on of the ways we could start is by making the loser of frivilous lawsuits to pay the legal costs of both sides.

Relax gun laws but in exchange introduce mandatorty saftey courses.

In addition to safety courses, mandatory background checks at all levels, including mental health evals.

There are lots of things that need to be changed, but just some of my ideas.

Sorry for the multiple edits, but I apparently can't type and think at the same time.

edit on 10/10/2013 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2013 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2013 by BubbaJoe because: because I am an idiot

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
1. Fire all the congressman

2. privatize SS,medicaid,medicare (watch some people's heads explode on that) they 'think' government does a better job, and is not screwing them over!

That one is funny.

Considering the majority of DEBT is money we are current paying out, and borrow to continue paying people who take more out than they return.

Anyone want to know why we have a 17 trillion dollar debt ?

That is the reason why.

3. change the 'rules' for welfare to anyone who is not able body or mind are the only ones who can get it.

4. shrink the size and power of government which decreases government spending, and control over the economy that all destroys, wealth, and job creation that facilitates the so call 'need' for government 'benevolence'.

Why are some people so effing oblivious every time the government grows and does something to the 'benefit' of us it does the exact opposite.

I believe in the supremacy of the people, not the state, and people take care of themselves instead of outsource to a bunch of shills on capitol hill.

When it has been proven time, and time again the only interests they are looking out for is there own.

That's what I would do, but people really don't have anything to worry about.

Because that is never going to happen too many people worship at the alter of statolatry.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I would slowly move the population away from U.S. dollars and onto something like bitcoin. I would then eliminate the Federal Reserve entirely. After that transition I would begin eliminating government agencies/programs starting with the least needed and ending with major ones like foodstamps, welfare, and employer tied managed care insurance mandated by law. I would then eliminate the IRS. After that I would work with states to start eliminating their agencies etc. as well. The first to be eliminated would be to restore property ownership to 100% of the individual, meaning personal property is sovereign land to an individual. No more asset forfeiture. No more cops busting down doors of innocent civilians. Does that mean it would be a perfect system? Of course not. But it'd be a lot better than what we have.

Slowly I would work to move society toward autonomous anarchy and then eliminate myself by taking on a new identity.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

DrumsRfun

I would send in the army to get rid of the corrupt politicians.

They would all be hung on lamp posts as an example of what will happen if you slap the American people's faces like that ever again.

Corporations would be made to pay ALOT in taxes...no more freebies on the backs of the people.

Voting would be paper ballets and they would never be able to be tampered with.

A third of the golf courses would be taken away and food will be grown so NOBODY goes hungry.

Free education as well.

edit on 10-10-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Love it.
I like the way you think.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

OrphanApology

I would slowly move the population away from U.S. dollars and onto something like bitcoin. I would then eliminate the Federal Reserve entirely. After that transition I would begin eliminating government agencies/programs starting with the least needed and ending with major ones like foodstamps, welfare, and employer tied managed care insurance mandated by law. I would then eliminate the IRS. After that I would work with states to start eliminating their agencies etc. as well. The first to be eliminated would be to restore property ownership to 100% of the individual, meaning personal property is sovereign land to an individual. No more asset forfeiture. No more cops busting down doors of innocent civilians. Does that mean it would be a perfect system? Of course not. But it'd be a lot better than what we have.

Slowly I would work to move society toward autonomous anarchy and then eliminate myself by taking on a new identity.

Bitcoins, great idea.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Everyone's ideas are great... Lets keep going and get more ideas.

Let's go ATS people, what's your ideas for this topic?

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

These ideas are all common. The ideas expressed so far, if they allowed for everyone to benefit, would have already been done.

Power is what drives some to keep other people down.

Look how complicated these answers are... And these are just the spoken ideas.

No.

I am on the brink of deciding whether I should simply take charge.

You will not get elected by being honest. But I could take charge if I'm the strongest, most courageous, wisest, and make my enemies my subordinate friends.

Ancient Israel flourished much the same way that the USA does. But what allowed them to economically stick around was the "jubilee".

Every fifty years, the economy was reset to default status.

I would enact a secular jubilee after first marching my army into the house, senate, the courts, and offices, and either offering positions in my command or sending them home to speak my name.

The states would need to agree on their level of compliance. But to all that agree, their states receive the benefit of protection in war. If not, then they are separated from the union. A union requires agreement.

Though my thoughts seem quixotic, I am using a phone and I am leaving a lot to your research and hopefully good sense.

I always said I would hate to be president. Seeing all suffering and also suffering it; and yet having the intelligence to cheat the system and win, yet I refuse because I am good; and also how could I aspire to my dreams knowing so many suffer needlessly the system?

Be aware. I am wiser than Alexander the Great, braver than Patton, smarter than Einstein, strong as Samson, emotive as David, quicker than Twain, faster than a lion on the hunt.

new topics

top topics

join