It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Despises the People - Statist Temper Tantrum's Abound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It truly is a funny thing to see the doomsayers still running their mouths off about how the 'shutdown' is 'terrorizing' 'America' and 'taking hostages' to 'extort'... Boy, I am tired of this, whenever I find myself putting every word in a sentence in single quotes, I know that something is not right.

If anybody is throwing a temper tantrum, it is the federal government itself. The longer this goes on, the more obvious it becomes that we don't need any of the services that we were told we do, we can't rely on the government to provide what we do need and the power that we have given them is not worthwhile.

Furthermore, what we do want to have access to (generally already paid for and by default available) is being artificially restricted to inflict discomfort at great expense. Does anyone need any more evidence of the utter incompetence of our self-interested, mean-spirited and parasitic bureaucracy?

Nanny’s Big Fat Revenge

17% of the government is going to getting a late paycheck, in a political drama channeling rage against seized-up tax and seize Obummercare, and longstanding business and investor uneasiness about what may come of unstoppable over-stocking at the D.C. Inflato-Mart.

One might call this democracy in action, or the modern American republic, but at the risk of repeating myself, it’s just another episode of Mob Wives.   On the one hand, it’s an ugly, slutty, angry story without an ethic to share.  On the other hand, there’s a real story here of continued survival and growth of the DC bandit gang writ large, in a time of real threat to its continued existence.

Brian Wilson asks “Where is the outrage!?”   I agree!  But there has been outrage.  Most of it, spectacularly, has been on the government side, and it’s an entertaining joy to behold.   The government is more outraged than we are, and its fear that we won’t notice the temporary 17% reduction in non-essential services (smile) is really freaking them out.

Fat Nanny has shut down websites that contain historical information that we already paid for, and services we are still paying for, to the extent of even faking blockages to “trick” citizen serfs into a feeling of panic. The list is long and growing.

The central state has over reacted – certainly the arrogance and ignorance of the central state as it “prices” its services and values its “resources” are the heart of the problem.  It’s old news, but we are seeing it in a fresh way today, with the king publicly dictating to his minions that “to make the people suffer”, all for calling Nanny an obese disgusting and useless porker.

In this government over-reaction, we glimpse the panic of the central state.  We should be laughing out loud at Nanny’s games, at her venality, and for all of her national mood readings and lone wolf terrorist tracking software, her extreme stupidity.  I can’t suppress my own chuckles, and I’m seeing a lovely light wink intermittently from behind the statist cloud.

The nanny state has made a huge tactical error in its response to the fake shutdown, and has revealed to hundreds of millions of Americans a fundamental vulnerability.  If we stop believing, valuing, and obeying the state, it crumbles.  If we believe only what is true about it, value only what is essential in it, and obey only its constitutional mandates, it also crumbles. The stupidity and gracelessness of its ongoing threat response also reveals a far higher than (I, anyway) presumed level of intellectual decay among bureaucrats, and deep internal strife.

Talking and laughing about the uselessness, wastefulness, wrongness, and fatness of government threatens Fedgov.  It flutters and shimmies the house of cards that is Washington, its surrounding counties and supporting institutions everywhere.  It enrages the king and his courtiers and his sponsors.  When we begin to understand that we don’t really need a big fat nanny state, and begin to mentally and spiritually wake up to the mathematical fact that more government means less freedom and prosperity, less joy, less happiness – we accomplish much more than is immediately visible.

edit on 10-10-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

If we stop believing, valuing, and obeying the state, it crumbles.

Ding ding ding... we have a winner.

Belief shapes our paradigm. Paradigm determines how will respond to events and experiences in our lives. Once people see the reality of the government, things will finally begin to change.

Hey.. change we can believe in, finally!!

Anyone down for some civil disobedience??
edit on 5950x6759America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

They don't even try to employ any basic political survival skills anymore. Many of them grew up in an age where the government was hardly questioned anyway.....by the public. The others grew up in the age of protest but we are seeing now what the burr up their shorts was really all about.

edit on 10-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Well heck they charge the customers so much as it is. Customers that pay a lot demand some gosh darn service and get lippy. Yea just keep pushing those road blocks aside granddad! F them! You guys paid for that anyway!

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Logarock

They don't even try to employ any basic political survival skills anymore. Many of them grew up in an age where the government was hardly questioned anyway.....by the public. The others grew up in the age of protest but we are seeing now what the burr up their shorts was really all about.

edit on 10-10-2013 by Logarock because: n

They have made a grave mistake in gambling that their adolescent behavior would go unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I agree with the thread I saw last night suggesting these public lands are being shut down because they are being foreclosed on by the Chinese.

Makes perfect sense. But there is no way they will tell you that in the news until it is inevitable.

top topics

join