It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Americans are being prevented with armed force from entering National Lands

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

Well they better cut down and stop hogging it all. The rest of us need water as well.
They're an over populated country, always have been the biggest in the world.
They would not share with us.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

imasheep

usernameconspiracy

imasheep

We are postulating the reasons why the government would keep people out of National Parks, not what a shut down means.

And that reason is....drum roll....... they are funded by the yearly appropriations bills (lately continuing resolutions rather than budgets) and the last appropriations bill lapsed on October 1. Therefore, the only activities allowed to continue are those that impact the safety or welfare of people or property. Thus, nobody to take the admissions required to enter a national park. Thus, closed.

Just because you refuse to consider this fact, does not change the reality that this is the reason. Once an appropriations bill is passed, and the government re-opens, so will the national parks.

I'm going to miss you while I enjoy my weekend.

Admissions to National Parks?? What admissions? I've been to Yellowstone and they don't charge you lol. In fact, there's no charge to enter ANY Federally owned park.
Hiking is free, tent camping is free, staring at Mt. Rushmore is free, the Grand Canyon is FREE. What are you even talking about??

Sorry mate, that's not even close to being true. Rocky Mountain National Park, where I visited last June, charges $20 for a three day park pass (per automobile). They charge to use every campsite in a national park/wilderness/forest, to the extent that you can reserve and pay online (recreation.gov).

Not sure why you'd make things up to prove whatever point you're trying to make.

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

mistersmith
reply to post by violet

reply to post by mistersmith

"Sorry I disagree that I do not find them to be delightful.
Are you forgetting the Tiananmen Square Massacre?"

Are you really sorry to disagree violet, or did you get off to a false start ?

Have you known many Chinese, violet ?
Have you dipped into Chinese history, and enjoyed their art ?
Compared their cuisine to your own ?
(God's bottom ! I've not laughed so much in years .....)

For the record, I'd describe American people as delightful, also from personal experience.
In spite of Nagasaki and Hiroshima.
I don't despise an entire race because of the actions of their government, and I'm disappointed that you do.
You are not alone in your racism - it suffuses this entire thread.

The reason we are in this mess, is that after creating our own modern industrial infrastructure using methods of power generation which pollute the entire world, we failed to provide the slower, less developed countries with better means of creating power.
When you climb out of a hole, do you not turn to assist the escapee behind you with a helping hand -- or are you the sort to turn and kick them in the teeth?
Rather than using our progress to help others, we used it to enslave them, and hold back their progress.

Can we really complain about the consequences of what we have done ?

I am truly sorry that John Lennon's beautiful and perceptive words are lost on you -- such a shame that his "pearls" came to a bad end in your case.

mistersmith.

I have a feeling that everything is going to be quite wonderful, my friend.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UpEndedWorld

Then I'll forgive you for qualifying a superlative.

In friendship,
mistersmith.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

A source in the Deutsche Bank claims that in 2008 our financial and monetary system completely collapsed and since that time the banking cartels have been “propping up the system” to make it appear as if everything was fine. In reality our stock market and monetary systems are fake; meaning that there is nothing holding them in place except the illusion that they have stabilized since the Stock Market Crash nearly 5 years ago.

Since this time, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in conjunction with FEMA and other federal agencies have been quickly working to set in place their directives of control under a silent martial law.

The Deutsche Bank informant says that the cause for the bailout of the banks was a large sum of cash needed quickly to repay China who had purchased large quantities of mortgage-backed securities that went belly-up when the global scam was realized. When China realized that they had been duped into buying worthless securitized loans which would never be repaid, they demanded the actual property instead. The Chinese were prepared to send their “people” to American shores to seize property as allocated to them through the securitized loan contracts.

To stave this off, the American taxpayers were coerced by former President Bush and former US Treasury Secretary Hank Paulson. During that incident, the US Senate was told emphatically that they had to approve a $700 million bailout or else martial law would be implemented immediately. That money was funneled through the Federal Reserve Bank and wired to China, as well as other countries that were demanding repayment for the fraudulent securitizations.

I'm not sure, Signalfire, whether people have just not read your post, quoted above, have already debunked it at some point OR just don't see how important it might be!

Read Signalfire's post!

Do you remember the Chinese PM or president going to the Whitehouse and the Chinese flag being raised in pride of place when Obama was visited the other year?
edit on 13-10-2013 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

LanceCorvette

imasheep

usernameconspiracy

imasheep

We are postulating the reasons why the government would keep people out of National Parks, not what a shut down means.

And that reason is....drum roll....... they are funded by the yearly appropriations bills (lately continuing resolutions rather than budgets) and the last appropriations bill lapsed on October 1. Therefore, the only activities allowed to continue are those that impact the safety or welfare of people or property. Thus, nobody to take the admissions required to enter a national park. Thus, closed.

Just because you refuse to consider this fact, does not change the reality that this is the reason. Once an appropriations bill is passed, and the government re-opens, so will the national parks.

I'm going to miss you while I enjoy my weekend.

Admissions to National Parks?? What admissions? I've been to Yellowstone and they don't charge you lol. In fact, there's no charge to enter ANY Federally owned park.
Hiking is free, tent camping is free, staring at Mt. Rushmore is free, the Grand Canyon is FREE. What are you even talking about??

Sorry mate, that's not even close to being true. Rocky Mountain National Park, where I visited last June, charges $20 for a three day park pass (per automobile). They charge to use every campsite in a national park/wilderness/forest, to the extent that you can reserve and pay online (recreation.gov).

Not sure why you'd make things up to prove whatever point you're trying to make.

I have to back this up. Further, this isn't limited to National Parks. It also includes BLM parks and National Recreation Areas. For instance, here in the Las Vegas area we have Red Rock Canyon (BLM) and Lake Mead National Recreation area. Red Rock is around $8 per car just to drive a scenic loop. Prices increase for rock climbing permits and the like. Lake Mead is more expensive, maybe $15 per car to hang out on a "beach" of broken glass. Things like camping and boat launch come with higher fees.

Both of these places are closed due to the shut down. So, imasheep is totally off base. I could continue to detail fees charged by other actual National Parks like Bryce and Zion. But, I think the point has been made well enough.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

burdman30ott6

mantisfortress
However, under normal operation these parks charge admission, camping fees, boat launch fees, etc. They also provide law enforcement and fish and game control.

A lot of the parks here in AK collect fees via drop boxes. These drop boxes are often checked, fee enforced, and fees collected by local law enforcement or state DNR employees rather than feds. Furthermore, in most of the western US (where the majority of these parks are located anyway), State troopers or state game wardens enforce the fish & game laws. Park rangers may call in to report something and, in special cases, may be the first line of enforcement, but the state is the ultimate prosecutor and enforcer of game laws everywhere unless and until the violator crosses a state line, at which point it becomes a federal violation.

Incorrect. The federal government often becomes the prosecutor in many of these cases. I run a criminal community service program. It is not uncommon for me to see people on federal probation for dui/bui or theft. I even see people doing community service for fines related to federally prosecuted traffic tickets. Individuals get charged with these crimes on either BLM or National Recreation Areas.

I'm not sure how they do it in Alaska. But, Alaska isn't "everywhere". Admittedly, I was pretty surprised by this myself when I started in this line of work, especially the traffic ticket part.

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

imasheep

From the Yellowstone National Park website. Took about 30 second to demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Frequently Asked Questions for Yellowstone National Park

How much is the entrance fee?
$25 - Private, noncommercial vehicle;
$20 - Motorcycle or snowmobile (winter)
$12 - Visitors 16 and older entering by foot, bike, ski, etc.
* This fee provides the visitor with a 7-day entrance permit for both Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.

A $50 park annual pass provides entrance for a single private non-commercial vehicle at Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. The $10 Interagency Senior Pass (62 and older) is a lifetime pass available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
China already owns most of the mountaintops here where I live. They rape the trees and leave and plant nothing back. We now have floods unseen by old timers. The Chinese take all these forests and sink them in a lake in China so that one day when we have no forests left, they will then ask us if we want to buy some wood. Just riding a 4-wheeler around our once beautiful mountains makes me sick and mad. The dual citizens and their bought puppets have sold America out from under the American people long ago, but they do it in a way that most people won't notice until it's too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join