It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husband, Wife Together for 63 Years Die Hours Apart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

After meeting in high school, Jerry and Edith Dunn spent most of their time together, and had been together 63 years. And the Utah couple was together in death, too; just hours after Jerry died in his sleep Thursday, Edith passed away. "Everyone thought Mom would be first to die, but I knew Dad would go first because he wouldn't want her to be afraid," the couple's son tells the Deseret News. "Dad always put everybody else first, but Mom was his top priority." Jerry promised Edith not to put her in a nursing home, and they stayed in the house where they raised their family until the end.
link
I don't know why I'm fascinated with these stories other than they offer so much hope - and prove beyond any doubt the power of love.

More at the link - and it's all beautiful.

After he died, his wife, who suffered dementia and diabetes, seemed agitated before her own passing, says their daughter. "They couldn't be separated."

And they're not - anymore.

I believe they're together and thank God for that.

peace

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Awesome story. Been with the woman I Love for 12 yrs now and could only hope it continues and lasts like this couple. Yes it does give hope that true love is alive in this world still...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i,ve heard this story quite alot and witnessed a few times,its got to make you think when it happens it can,t be coincidence when its happening regular,so is there some theory too it?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
i know it sounds bad to say but i love this story i wish things could be like this, these days no one stays together that long and if they do its because they are either from a small town or other reasons but 9 out of 10 people split for what ever the reason i just got married and plan to stat that way till death do us part

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Beautiful, brought a tear to my eye.

top topics

join