It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream: Vision Of Purgatory?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, it wasn't quite as dramatic as the thread title, but I wanted to lure you in...

I've had unusual experiences before.

(Other site thread purged!)

I don't really want that thread opened again, but I had to get it out, and we had a good discussion, and now it's done. That was in 2007 (the experience not the thread), and since then, I have never had an experience as intense as that, but have a couple of times felt "other presences." I've had some very lucid and strange dreams.

There was the "Mouse Dream." I was a mouse, but I was an animated as opposed to real mouse, and I had to escape in the first part of the dream from a (also animated) snake in a river that ran through a tunnel, and made it to a sort of Elysian city, where I was introduced to an old lady, who was my animator! I had been created for a movie that never reached production, but that couldn't stop me from being real, at least in a dream, could it?

Then, I woke up. There were lots of other details in that dream that I can't remember, but that's how it is with dreams.

On to the dream I had last night. I have a lot of "frustration" dreams. I'm either trying to get something I want and can't get it, or trying to go some place I want to go to, but can't find. I don't always remember my dreams some time after I wake up, but the really weird ones I remember enough of. I'll try to relate as much of this one as possible, though I have already forgotten the details of some parts. I won't make anything up; just give an overview as best I can.

Started out in a city. A bit like Charlotte, NC where I grew up, but not the same. Surreal. In the beginning of the dream, I was going to a store to get a snack and a beer and bottle of wine. This part is very much like my waking life. There was something about confusion in finding the store, and difficulty in procuring the food and booze. Pretty normal for my dreams. I got it, though, and from what I remember, it was a bottle of ale, a bottle of German Riesling, and a sandwich. Left the store, and through details I can't honestly remember at this point, wound up at Freedom Park. Real place.

en.wikipedia.org...(Charlotte,_North_Carolina)

In the park, I met someone, a lady, who was kind of like this former supervisor I had at one of my many temp jobs. At that point, there was some sort of idea planted that I had to be at work at a certain time in the morning, and it was already evening, and if I was going to get home and drink that beer and wine and eat that sandwich, I had best get around to doing it, but where was home? Then, things got really strange. I left the bag with my ale, bottle of wine, and sandwich unattended, and they were stolen. I "reported" the theft to the supervisor-lady, and she said she knew who the thief was.

I don't know the details of the dream very well at this point, but it was something like this: I left the park with a bag, but discovered that it wasn't my bag, but hers. It was (I kid you not) a twelve-pack of Yuengling and some other stuff. Alcohol then left the dream, perhaps because Yuengling isn't my favorite libation; hell, I don't know! At this point, I was trying to find cigarettes.

I was walking down the street. Again, it was a bit like my hometown of Charlotte, but not quite. I found an Eckerd's. Went in, and there were no cigarettes at the front counter, but they told me I could go to the "library," and I might find something like that there. All I found were packs from the 50s and 60s such as one might find on Ebay; too old to smoke. At this point, I was craving real nicotine in the dream as much as I do in real life.

By this time as well, I was wondering exactly where I was, where exactly my home was, and how I could find it. Things get really sketchy here in the dream, or at least in my ability to remember it. I wandered for a while, let's just say. I remember seeing a guy smoking, and tried to bum a cigarette. He said yes, but only if I would help him with some house-cleaning. Hey; don't blame me for the weirdness. It was a dream!

After that (I'm thinking I didn't take the cigarette), there was more wandering about the streets of this half-remembered, but increasingly weird city. I kept thinking I would find my apartment or house, but never could. There was a part where I thought I had, but others were there. Pardon me, but that part of the dream I can't remember so well. I kept wandering.

You want weird? Here's where it gets weird. More wandering, searching for my home, which at that point, I wasn't sure existed. Suddenly, the cops were after me; I on foot and them in a car. This usually turns out badly for the one on foot. That's where the dream got lucid. In other words, I knew the reality even though it wasn't reality, even if I didn't know if it was a dream or not! I went Matrix.

I had superhuman powers. I could jump, run really fast; even ran after those cops at one point. After that, there was suddenly snow on the ground (dream, after all), and I was throwing snowballs at them in their cop car, and for some reason, even though the snowballs weren't hurting them, they weren't able to catch me. I kept this game up for a little while.

Then the game changed. Suddenly I found myself in a line with other confused people. I can't tell you what they looked like, except that they looked quite ordinary except for the fact that they were all naked above the waist, and all were male. There were a couple of folks who looked exactly human, except that they seemed to know what was going on in this place, where I and these others did not. One of them started to speak. I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like:

"I guess most of you know why you are here."

At this, some cringing in the assembled crowd...

"Let us go now."

(Or something like that.)

We went, and I only remember that I was the one who led the way after those angels, light-beings, or whatever. Not trying to be egotistical, but it was the way it happened in the dream. I didn't feel myself to be special in any way. We got to the top of a sort of stairwell. One of the guides (even at this point they look completely human and not angelic) turns to the other one and asks something perhaps telepathically, and that one answers:

"Don't worry, I've been following him a long time. He's not all bad. Just some cleansing..."

I had a feeling I was about to tread the path down into Purgatory. It would not be like hellfire, but a cleansing; perhaps unpleasant, but not painful. Another life, perhaps? Maybe worse than this one? Who knows; that's when I woke up!

I welcome any comments on my very weird dream, and anyone else's dream!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I can only say that I agree that you do have weird dreams. It would be nice if there was some type of DVD recorder that could be wired into a cap worn during sleep. That way people could better study what's going on up there. Thumbs up for dreaming about Yuengling, Americas Oldest Brewery!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Not sure how Yuengling showed up, but it did, and I related it!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

godspetrat

Not sure how Yuengling showed up, but it did, and I related it!

It could have been from watching a commercial on tv, or just from walking into a store and seeing a display ad. Then it was filed away in your brain for later screening?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It was in the dream from having seen it before, for sure, but there were things in that dream that I had not seen before.

top topics

join