It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE LIST: Unnecessarily Shut Down to Inflict Public Pain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Here is only a partial of the 41 items on the list here (whith further links)

1. Treatments for Children Suffering From Cancer - The GOP have agreed to a compromise by funding part of the government, including the National Institutes of Health, which offers children with cancer last-chance experimental treatment. Obama has threatened to veto this funding.

8. Obama Closes Over 100 Privately-Managed Parks That Cost No Money to Run - The U.S. Treasury actually makes money from the rent paid by a private company that "employs about 400-500 camp workers and managers across about a dozen states." No federal money is used to operate these parks. No federal employees are used to staff these parks. Taxpayers make a profit from these parks. Still, Obama had them closed and as a result 400-500 employees and a private business are taking it in the neck.

26. Amber Alert Website Taken Offline - CNN reported that bad press was a factor in the site going back up.
Why would White House chefs and Obama's golf course be categorized as "essential," while the government classified as "non-essential" the Amber Alert website?
Of course, this is the same Obama threatening to veto cancer treatments for children.

32. King Crab Season Threatened by Government Shutdown - "The Alaska king crab season is set to start soon, but all the fishing boats will have to stay docked because the government must sign off on permits and quotas.

"Fisherman stand to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars unless lawmakers make a compromise."
Obama's golf course is open. So is the website for Michelle Obama's "Let's Move."

41. Shutdown Denies Death Benefits to Families of Fallen Soldiers - "The families of five U.S. service members who were killed over the weekend in Afghanistan have been notified that they won't be receiving the $100,000 benefit normally wired to relatives within 36 hours of the death. The “death gratuity” is intended to help cover funeral costs and help with immediate living expenses until survivor benefits typically begin."

This is what I have been thinking since day 1 of the shutdown. Making life miserable for the common folks just to get his way. Threats and unneccessary actions. But at least "he" still has his chefs and golfcourse.
edit on 9-10-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Oct 9 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

And his dog trainer that makes $102,000/ year..... he is still working at the White House.
We ought to shut down the White House, it is a part of the National Park Service.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to make that list.

I hope people start getting angry at being used as hostages while Obama's privileges are still funded.

I was about to say someone needs to draw this cartoon but they already have. Let Them Eat Cake! or this Joe, The debt just went to 16 TRIL... I'm going to play golf.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but national parks are "for the people" and funded with the "peoples" taxes.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

All this reminds me of the UK national coal strike in 1974.
In an obvious effort to reduce fuel consumption, the government imposed a "three day week" on businesses, so that only half the factories were operating at any one time.
In a less obvious move, they also insisted that the television services closed down at a comparatively early hour- ten o'clock?
That last act probably irritated people more than it reduced fuel consumption.
A snap election was called, which the government lost.
Perhaps the moral is that causing unnecessary annoyances doesn't necessarily work in the government's favour.

edit on 9-10-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised if they sent agents out to induce vomiting in children who have eaten unauthorized school lunches.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I see more idiocy to come. There are times that I think that this admin is actually pushing for insurrection. Or maybe make barry a martyr.

Other times I think that he's a GOP plant, being told to make things so bad and divisive that the DNC will never hold power again for decades.

But what grates my nerve is that while the average citizen suffers (in some cases rightfully so) the 535 laugh all the way to the bank. They're not affected at all.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Golf course for Obama - Necessary
White House Chefs - Necessary
Let's Move Website - Necessary
Complete turnover in Government - Necessary

I wonder how soon they plan on moving because it won't be soon enough for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Out of touch leadership. If they don't care about us, how can we care about them?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

great avatar pic

it hurts, but i cant help but laugh

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Godfather1965

Isn't the White House owned by the National Park Service? and part of The President's Park? If so, shouldn't it be, to keep in with consistency and fairness, CLOSED?
Just read the POTUS is inviting D & R to the White House for talks. I know he lives there and all, but isn't there a B&B close by? after all, he doesn't hold the deeds to it, he just squats there until he is voted out doesn't he?
Maybe Moes Tavern would be a good place for a get together for talks?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm just hoping this DOES end folks...

Consider something. Earlier this year, we were made to believe sequestration was the end of America as a functional nation if we didn't step, fetch and bark on command to prevent it. Once it passed, both sides got cuts into sacred cows NEITHER side could ever poltically dream of achieving any OTHER way. No one even talks much about it now, although at some level, that is what this budget debate is about.

Still.. the DIRE urgency to prevent the damage (and it has..and IS doing major damage) came and went with the political deadlines that mattered to office holders. Once it became reality, it's remained reality with no talk, let alone effort to remove what was 'dire to our survival to prevent'.

Now what has this done? Well.. Unemployment isn't coming out and that's just one of dozens of key indicators, milestone measurements to programs and critical reports NOT being produced with a perfect excuse. These have been bad news items for a long time. The politicians are happy. People protesting, as we've seen, can be shut down on the spot and even arrested in places this is NOT normal or even really been accepted before. Politicians are happy.

I wonder...who is actually UNHappy here? I know we, as citizens are....we're getting screwed. However, if we take on Faith that they don't care anymore ...what downside ARE they enduring here, personally, to even want this to end?

I hope this isn't the "New Normal". It would be the last turn onto the path to the bottom.

edit on 9-10-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Snarl
Out of touch leadership. If they don't care about us, how can we care about them?

They don't want you to care about them. Only to obey them.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere

Snarl

They don't want you to care about them. Only to obey them.

EFF THEM!

That's all I got to say about those yaboo headed, soft brained, mentally challenged idiots in DC.

Thank God for T&C's, eh? LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I keep hearing about the parks being "shut down". It would cost more to guard them against trespassing than to just let people in as usual. They can't be saving that much money by not paying Ranger Ricks. Hunters permits and tags, park fees all add to the coffers...

Does anyone else reflect upon the untapped resources there that the logging, gas and oil people would like to exploit?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I would love to know the names of Obama's team of dunderheads and psychopaths and sadist that brainstormed together to inflict the most pain as possible on the American people, they are vindictive and vile.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
nvm

This is a another breitbart article

proceed with the circle jerk

edit on 10/9/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't think this will end any time soon. Both side have to prove a point to the other, or at least make it look like they're trying to make a point. If ether side gives in be for 18 days they'll look weak. The longest so far has been 21 days, so if they're really trying to make a point at least look like they're trying to they'll have to go past the 21 day mark.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think this is a test to see how much you will take.

WW vets stopped from going to the memorials
Children denied important health care
Parks closed
None Government funded national parks shut down
Forcing people out of their homes

Yet the NSA, the military, police & the White House are still in full effect.

Something doesn't add up here.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

muse7
Federal agencies and all the things listed employ workers hired by the federal government.

The federal government is shut down. People don't work for free.

Hopefully Boehner will allow a vote to end this madness.

Well Reid has to come to the table first, doesn't he? And barry (small case because he's a little man) has to agree as well.

The GOP isn't asking for much, but the petulant children want it all or nothing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join