It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tim Murphy town hall meeting over the phone! Does your congressman offer this awesome opportunity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I live in PA and I must say today I was proud just now to have an excellent congressman in my state!

Tim Murphy is our congressman here and I must say honestly, when I saw his name come up on my caller id, I said to myself....Here we go again with a pre-recorded message or he wants my money for some donation attempt.

So, as I type this, with a smile on my face I must say, I am very satisfied with my congressman and every single person out there in America should have this same opportunity!

Please reply back and let me know if this is something common or not, also if this is something you partook in either today or ever. I am about 100% positive that most of you have no clue to this even being a possibility, as was I before now!

Now, we went over polling questions he would be asked and wanted his people's opinion on these topics...

He asked for everyone to vote on the Obamacare issue

He asked for everyone to vote on the government shutdown, whether or not everyone in the house and everyone involved needs to get together and actually speak to each other, not only about the issues, but also things not as important.

He asked if the debt ceiling should be raised

There were other polling questions asked also, and people push 1 for yes, 2 for yes but with restrictions (budget cuts, spending cuts, etc) or 3 for No.

He took questions from people on the call and answered them on the spot to inform us what is going on within the government and his stance on the issues at hand.

Not only was Mr. Murphy really professional, which I really expected him to be, he was to the point and straight-forward with his answers...He didn't give us the Obama beat-around-the-bush answers we are used to!

So, I ask you all....Do you have the opportunity with your congressman to do this? Have you done this if the opportunity is there?

I wish this was the case with absolutely every state, with every decision needing to be made to REALLY get the word of the people! I must say I am proud to have a great congressman and I hope our words didn't fall on deaf ears, which I can be sure they absolutely did not!

Here is the link to his website for anyone interested.
murphy.house.gov...

ETA: Forgot to say, the reason for this call as Mr. Murphy stated was to get the people's opinion before the things he had to vote on tonight! He had to cut the call because they were calling for all congressman to the vote! It really felt like progress had been made, and he left us with the knowledge of our polling questions, how the votes went for us. He was using that information tonight!

edit on 10/8/2013 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Nice!!! I will patiently wait for my phone to ring from Mike Kelly's office...............someone call 911 I am having a heart attack......./sarcasm

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I have been a resident in PA for 30+ years and this was the first time I have ever had this happen! I am truly amazed and very proud of someone in politics for once in my life!

I must say it feels good that my congressman actually cares about the people's word, or so it seems! This is how it SHOULD work everywhere, IMHO that is!!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

I will take it from the no responses that this isn't very common, or nobody cares....

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Prior to redistricting, Congressman Gibson was my representative in the House and I received several calls like this. Some were town hall meetings and some were set up much as described in the OP. I was equally blown away when it first happened. They slowed down at roughly the same pace as my frequent calls and letters so I'm assuming its set up to try to include the most politically active in the reps district and once you lose interest in them they lose it in you as well.

new topics

top topics

join