It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner Rejects Defunding Obamacare In Government Spending Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
7 months ago, House Speaker, Boehner told the world he rejects the defunding of Obamacare. Fast forward 6 plus months later, and we have him flip flopping by pushing defunding obamacare.

What happened?

Well, for one, he is being threatened by the right wing hardliners that should he fail to push their agenda, (which by the way, was pre-scripted, packaged and documented to include the possibility of a government shutdown)they would strip him of his title.

You can clearly see the man is between a rock and a hard place, loyal to his conservative base but still of sound mind.
Boehner rejects defunding Obamacare
edit on 8-10-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I will say it again, there is an agenda here, to wit, both sides are privy, and they both want the same outcome.
It's been scripted for everyone. To what end we can only guess.

So of course the Obamacare crap is flip flopped upon.
It will fail miserably anyway, from the looks of it, so who cares what this Jerk does.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

No, he is not of sound mind. He is the Speaker of the House for a reason, he is a corrupt scumbag politician. Just like everyone else in Congress. Just like everyone in the Senate. Just like everyone in the Administration.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In ancient history, it was "Roman bread and circuses"..

The French had "Let them eat cake!"

Now, we have poor acting, and constant political theater where the actors are not even good enough for a childrens christmas play.

Your current actors are Boehner, Reid, and Obama. They all have the script, so it's just a dog and pony show, but made to look like a three ring circus, big-top event..

Those that are into the act, are eating it up hook, line and sinker, even getting into their roles with the "It's the Dems fault!" or "It's the Repub's fault!"..

We're doomed, either way, it's just a matter of WHEN, not if.

All we can do is prepare.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Greetings,

IMHO, "O-BWAHHHH-macare" is just the latest in a long line of wealth funneling schemes meant to break the wills and pocket books of the people it claims to help.
It may not be a popular opinion here but no one has a "right" to healthcare and the reason for this is simple:

NO MAN HAS A RIGHT TO ANOTHER MAN'S LABOUR...END OF STORY!

It's just that people have forgotten is all.
Any politician who claims the opposite does NOT have the people's best interests at heart and needs to be replaced (if not immediately jailed) A.S.A.F.P.!

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Somehow I think John's old friend Alcohol
has been invited back into to his life,
And I don't blame him.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Eryiedes
Greetings,

IMHO, "O-BWAHHHH-macare" is just the latest in a long line of wealth funneling schemes meant to break the wills and pocket books of the people it claims to help.
It may not be a popular opinion here but no one has a "right" to healthcare and the reason for this is simple:

Any politician who claims the opposite does NOT have the people's best interests at heart and needs to be replaced (if not immediately jailed) A.S.A.F.P.!

-Amitaba-

Says the Canadian with free healthcare.
Maybe you've invited Alcohol back into your life as well?
It sure reads that way.
edit on 8-10-2013 by sealing because: Oobawmah

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

sealing

Eryiedes
Greetings,

-Amitaba-

Says the Canadian with free healthcare.

I oppose it up here too so I don't see the point you are trying to make.
It's a crime against the people.
No one up here WANTS the healthcare system we have and the logic behind it is simple:

I we WANTED the system we have, the government WOULDN'T have to forcibly tax everyone to have it implemented. It would be done "voluntarily" and not with the threat of violence & prison for non-compliance.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Jaellma
7 months ago, House Speaker, Boehner told the world he rejects the defunding of Obamacare. Fast forward 6 plus months later, and we have him flip flopping by pushing defunding obamacare.

What happened?

Well, for one, he is being threatened by the right wing hardliners that should he fail to push their agenda, (which by the way, was pre-scripted, packaged and documented to include the possibility of a government shutdown)they would strip him of his title.

You can clearly see the man is between a rock and a hard place, loyal to his conservative base but still of sound mind.
Boehner rejects defunding Obamacare
edit on 8-10-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

Boehner and every other elected official are being threatened and pushed by the MAJORITY OF AMERICAN CITIZENS. The only people who want Obamacare are low information voters and those who stand to get rich by it: Politicians and Insurance companies.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Stop complaining about your healthcare system. It is LEAGUES better than our system. So much so that it is illegal in this country for an American to hop the northern border and go buy prescription drugs (for dirt cheap compared to here). And instead of fixing the overpriced prescription problem, the pharmaceutical companies lobbied to just make it illegal.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

sealing
Somehow I think John's old friend Alcohol
has been invited back into to his life,
And I don't blame him.

He never sobered up.

I would still take Boehner drunk as House Leader over Cruz Sober.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

Stop complaining about your healthcare system. It is LEAGUES better than our system. So much so that it is illegal in this country for an American to hop the northern border and go buy prescription drugs (for dirt cheap compared to here). And instead of fixing the overpriced prescription problem, the pharmaceutical companies lobbied to just make it illegal.
edit on 8-10-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

No it's not.
Our politicians are completely in the pockets of big pharma.
They even make us have a medicare card in addition to a "drug card" just so the drug companies get their disproportionate cut of the public fleecing.
We have had "death panels" before the usa as well plus children and the needy are currently being denied proper healthcare and life saving operations and our government isn't on some "Obama stomping his feet like a spoiled child because he can't make his insurance company stocks go up" furlough.
You are dreadfully misinformed sir.
A few cheap generic drugs aside it's one of the worst parts about being a Canadian.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

U.S. Ranks Last Among Seven Countries on Health System Performance Based on Measures of Quality, Efficiency, Access, Equity, and Healthy Lives

Despite having the most expensive health care system, the United States ranks last overall compared to six other industrialized countries—Australia, Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom—on measures of health system performance in five areas: quality, efficiency, access to care, equity and the ability to lead long, healthy, productive lives, according to a new Commonwealth Fund report. While there is room for improvement in every country, the U.S. stands out for not getting good value for its health care dollars, ranking last despite spending $7,290 per capita on health care in 2007 compared to the $3,837 spent per capita in the Netherlands, which ranked first overall.

So United states is the most expensive with the least amount of bang for your buck. Also Canada is ranked higher than us. Seriously stop complaining about your healthcare, you have no idea how bad it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Boehner Rejects Defunding Obamacare In Government Spending Bill

That was then, today is today.

Looks like the people changed their minds.

Plus, the Senate rejected the notion, and the House has stepped back.

In fact, the Senate hardly wants to vote on anything.

The Republican majority in the House represents the majority of the U.S. population.

The same people calling in *now* might be the same ones who were calling in about the *bomb* Syria issues.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
So United states is the most expensive with the least amount of bang for your buck. Also Canada is ranked higher than us. Seriously stop complaining about your healthcare, you have no idea how bad it is.

Your tagline: "seriously stop complaining" when you haven't even experienced it first hand up here is a joke. It sounds to me as if you're the one who has no idea...but once they bend you (and 300 million other Americans) over the table with "O-BWAHHHH-macare", you'll start to get a clue.
I guarentee it.

-Amitaba-

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just my opinion,
Once we hit the debt limit which we are very close to and it can not raise any more we will default anyway. I say we are headed for a shutdown but its going to be more than just a government shutdown. We can buy more time with raising the debt but when are we going to try and pay it? I pray they keep it down until we get rid of the Obamacare. If not then the people will default on their debts that most are struggling to meet. So either way we the people will be shut down.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Reports are a dime a dozen. Bought and paid for. The drug companys own the companys making the reports.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

You misread me, I don't support Obamacare either. Obamacare is going to take our abomination of a healthcare industry and go Akira with it. I'm already well aware of what is about to happen to the American public. I'm just pointing out that you don't have it as bad as you think you do.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nfflhome

Well the report I linked paints our healthcare in a bad light, so unless the report was bought and paid for by international drug companies to discredit US domestic drug companies, I'm going to have to disagree with you.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

You misread me, I don't support Obamacare either. Obamacare is going to take our abomination of a healthcare industry and go Akira with it. I'm already well aware of what is about to happen to the American public. I'm just pointing out that you don't have it as bad as you think you do.

Sir, I have lost loved ones to the healthcare system we have up here so if anyone is qualified to speak on how screwed up it is...it would be someone like me.

-Amitaba-

top topics

join