It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Pendleton brush fire burns 250 acres, 15 percent contained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

CAMP PENDLETON - Crews are working to put out a brush fire that has burned about 250 acres and is about 15 percent contained.

Portions of the O'Neill Heights housing were evacuated as a precaution. More than 200 people were sent to the Paige Fieldhouse Gym, which has been set up as an evacuation center, according to Maj. Pundel, who is with Camp Pendleton public affairs.

Camp Pendleton brush fire burns 250 acres, 15 percent contained

The Pendleton Fire feed if interested.

www.broadcastify.com...

A fire chief on base told 10News about 225 firefighters are fighting the blaze along with air support, which includes a DC-10, a C-130, six air tankers and three strike teams.

According to the base Public Affairs Office, the O'Neill Heights housing units have been evacuated. An evacuation area has been set up at the Semper Fit Paige Fieldhouse.
Patients at Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton have been evacuated, according to hospital staff. They are being sent to Tri-City, Palomar Hospital and Balboa.

Reports of the fire starting from a helicopter crash are as of yet to be verified.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
HOLY S**T!!

My little brother who is in the Marine corp. has just been moved to that base a month ago!!

He has not called for a while, i hope is okay.

He is in aircraft repair, i'm guessing they have him helping out with something...

SMR

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Over 1000 acres now and growing.
Can smell smoke a little.
Don't want another 2003

join