It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly Dog Virus Strikes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I haven't seen any threads pop up on this, and was just made aware of it watching the evening news.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Particularly if you are a pet owner. It seems, we are passing a virus on to our dogs, that seems harmless to ourselves (in that our body seems to fight the virus off fairly well), but deadly to man's best friend. Already, half a dozen dogs have died as quickly as 24hrs after contracting the virus and beginning to show signs of symptoms. It is being reported that the dogs exhibit "flu-like" symptoms.

Deadly Dog Virus Strikes

Canine Circovirus supected in SE Michigan

CirqueDeTruth
edit on 3-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction, added clarification

edit on 3-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: another correction

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

CirqueDeTruth
I haven't seen any threads pop up on this, and was just made aware of it watching the evening news.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. Particularly if you are a pet owner. It seems, we are passing a virus on to our dogs, that seems harmless to ourselves (in that our body seems to fight the virus off fairly well), but deadly to man's best friend. Already, half a dozen dogs have died as quickly as 24hrs after contracting the virus and beginning to show signs of symptoms. It is being reported that the dogs exhibit "flu-like" symptoms.

Deadly Dog Virus Strikes

Canine Circovirus supected in SE Michigan

CirqueDeTruth
edit on 3-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: correction, added clarification

edit on 3-10-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: another correction

I notice your linky says "Suspected".
Not saying this is the same, but in the uk, every year we get the "Virus killing dogs. Vaccinate your dog before its too late" fear mongering.
When you follow it up, it turns out they've amassed half a dozen reports over the past 12 months. Following year we see the same old tripe.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Very interesting. I don't own a dog, so I wasn't aware that they do this.

It's rather akin to the get your flu-shot it's flu season scare! Huh?

CdT

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Hopefully it is just a scaremongering tactic. But it might be real. Do you guys have problems with snails over there..?

This year has seen a huge increase in the number of cases of dog deaths due to Lungworm in the UK. Maybe its the snails..? I would not shrug this off just yet...

It is also interesting to note that humans are not affected by this disease which is carried by snails. But maybe that is the virus that the owners are passing on to their dogs..? Maybe the humans are carriers...

I posted a thread about it not too long ago. Due to the weather we have had here in the UK our snail population has risen by 50%..!!

Fast Moving Snails Spread Deadly Dog Disease Across UK
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Funny, there was a report from south Flori-DUH about frogs. |'m thinking "they" are using frogs to remember what state they're lying in. Texas is toads, South Carolina is snails, Flori-DUH is frogs. The state from which the lie continues, is it a "kill/non-kill shelter state"? We're typing about the Gov't. if it is between a dog they never see or their raise in income, guess what? The dog gets it.

|'ve got 4 dogs and LOVE dogs but a lot of folks don't share My enthusiasm.. so who is that French guy w/a Jewish name that folks always quote ? Chesty Levine? hahaha C'est LaVie..

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe its Earths attemps to get over overpopulation, not only us humans are overpopulating we also have breeded a way too many dogs. 2001 there were estimated 400 000 000 dogs in the World and now there is even more. Just a though for a food.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The pet pharmaceutical market, like the human version, is emerging. It has only recently begun picking up steam. So fear mongering may be the ticket....

....but if my Sasha left me, it would be devastating to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
We stopped feeding our dogs the dry dog food and started making our own from chicken and beef, they are much healthier for it. There are many recipes online if anyone is interested, cooked or raw, my wife won't let me feed our dogs the raw food, lol.

Two of our dogs contracted what seemed to be parvo, we used liposomal vitamin C on them and they were better in moments. Love that stuff, virus killer for sure.

Our friends dog almost didn't make it, they had gone to the vet and were given prescription meds, lasted a couple of weeks too.

top topics

join