It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silk Road Website Dealt Drugs, Guns, Assassins for Bitcoins, FBI Says.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

A billion dollar black market website allowed people to use Bitcoin digital currency to buy guns, drugs or hire assassins, according to a federal complaint released today.

"The complaint charges Ross William Ulbricht, 29, with a battery of conspiracy crimes allegedly committed through his Silk Road website, which has been called the "Amazon of illegal drugs" or the "eBay of illicit substances."

Silk Road was described by the FBI in the criminal complaint as "the most sophisticated and extensive criminal marketplace on the Internet."

Wow, I've actually been on that website and thought all of it was a scam. Hard to believe that the FBI is just now getting on this.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ItzShadyT

Nah, not a scam. I got my last two batches of lorazepam there. Doctors up here are retards and wouldn't perscribe it for me anymore.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

ItzShadyT

A billion dollar black market website allowed people to use Bitcoin digital currency to buy guns, drugs or hire assassins, according to a federal complaint released today.

"The complaint charges Ross William Ulbricht, 29, with a battery of conspiracy crimes allegedly committed through his Silk Road website, which has been called the "Amazon of illegal drugs" or the "eBay of illicit substances."

Silk Road was described by the FBI in the criminal complaint as "the most sophisticated and extensive criminal marketplace on the Internet."

Wow, I've actually been on that website and thought all of it was a scam. Hard to believe that the FBI is just now getting on this.

No scam, it was a very dark place on the web, and there are more of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
lol i would refrain myself from discussing transaction from that website if i were you.

Just a friendly advice.
edit on 10/3/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

adjensen
Posted yesterday

Please add any further comments to the on-going discussion noted above.

Closing thread

new topics

top topics

join