It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less than 1 per cent of Web visitors are signing up for Obamacare ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Looks like the turn-down *turnout* was a wee bit short of expectations !!!

Details are a bit *sketchy*.....

California's program registered an estimated 0.58 per cent of website visitors in its first day

A Connecticut congressman boasted that his state took 167 applications for Obamacare services on day one, a rate of 0.59 per cent

Obama administration won't say how many Americans signed up on the central website that covered insurance exchanges for 36 states

Kentucky's 5.3 per cent application rate seems to be the nation's highest

Story...

Louisiana’s top health-insurance provider said that not a single person enrolled in a new health-care plan offered through the Affordable Care Act on its first day.

An executive with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana told the Times-Picayune that the agency was unable to sell the plan because customers were unable to access the HealthCare.gov website due to its website’s sluggishness. “It was not as intense as we had anticipated,” the company’s vice president of communication said of the company’s sales. He urged supporters and critics, however, to “take a deep breath and relax” and assured them that the website would eventually allow consumers to enroll in a plan.

Zero Enroll in New LA Plan on Obamacare’s First Day

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Good. Hopefully it can be proven that the majority DON'T want this law. Instead of hearing a bunch of media blather about how many are in favor/not in favor of this law, we will have hard numbers.

And they will show what the truth is.

Assuming we have access to real numbers of course.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It may have helped if the "FREE" healthcare was actually "FREE". The bait and switch put a few folks off it seems. That's a shame...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Dear xuenchen,

You've always been a great conversation starter, thanks for the thread.

I saw an interesting statistic today, more people voted for Romney than like ObamaCare. And I thought Romney was a loser.

Would you check your crystal ball for me? What happens over the next three months?

1) Obama says the plan would have worked had not the Republicans messed with it legislatively, or

2) Obama says the plan would have worked but for the shut down, which is the Republican's fault, or

3) The plan is working just fine, the stories you see in the press are just Republican lies.

4) For some reason the plan needs more money to operate effectively, and the Republicans are blocking it.

Or, some combination of the above?

I would have thought, had I thought about it, that they should have known there would be a rush on the first day. What happened?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

yep, that`s what i believe happened, a lot of people went on there to sign up for their free obamacare and when they got there they found out how much it was really going to cost them

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

It's not even really cheap free.... it's kind of expensive free IMO.
I am sure some can get it cheaper, but I think it will be few and far between if one considers the total numbers.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ameilia

Good. Hopefully it can be proven that the majority DON'T want this law. Instead of hearing a bunch of media blather about how many are in favor/not in favor of this law, we will have hard numbers.

Here's some "Hard" numbers for you; Obama/Biden 65,899,660 or 51.1% compared to Romney/Ryan 60,932,152 or 47.2%.

You may want to make note of the fact that President Obama won by almost 5 million votes while vowing to protect ObamaCare, at the same time Romney lost by almost 5 million votes while promising to repeal ObamaCare. What part of those numbers don't you understand?

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm sure some 80% to 90% of all the people hitting up that site as voyeurs just to see what's what.

The rest are turning away when they see how much health insurance actually costs.

People are pretty short-sighted and stupid so eventually this will become like income tax where they take it before you ever see your check.

Ask somebody to cut a check for $10,000 a year to the gov and they'll punch you in the face. Just take that $10,000 a year away from them week after week and while a few will bitch and moan the majority will demand you take even more.

So eventually your ACA premiums will just be taken directly weekly to reduce the amount of sticker shock.

As a bonus the premiums can rise month after month and you'll hardly bat an eye.
edit on 2-10-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Flatfish

Ameilia

Here's some "Hard" numbers for you; Obama/Biden 65,899,660 or 51.1% compared to Romney/Ryan 60,932,152 or 47.2%.

You may want to make note of the fact that President Obama won by almost 5 million votes while vowing to protect ObamaCare, at the same time Romney lost by almost 5 million votes while promising to repeal ObamaCare. What part of those numbers don't you understand?

I understand that of those 65 million people, LOTS OF THEM thought they were voting for free healthcare.

Obviously they were mistaken. Would they have voted the way they did had they realized Obamacare didn't provide them free healthcare? Perhaps not.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ameilia

Obviously they were mistaken. Would they have voted the way they did had they realized Obamacare didn't provide them free healthcare? Perhaps not.

On the local NPR there is a show just covering the state here. In the weeks leading up to ACA implementation the show dedicated itself to local calls questions and answers.

Not a night went by that every single caller was completely misinformed or uninformed about the ACA.

And this is from a pool of largely Obama supporting NPR listeners. I heard them going on about the free care, single-payer care, reimbursements for dental work, everyone from the bum on the street to the governor herself getting everything for free....

Not one caller had any clue what the ACA was about but they were all absolutely sure that they loved it and approved of it.

The host and the guests she had on to answer peoples questions were speechless on several calls and would simply move on to another caller.

Maybe it's just me but when I express a fondness or dislike of a thing I'd like to know what it is I'm talking about as to not sound like a complete idiot or flip the wrong lever thinking it was the right lever.

Apparently quite a few people out there don't share this concern I have with knowing something about a thing. They simply hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Whew that's a relief. The title says web visitors, but the article says Americans.

So I've not missed out on being able to score some obamacare.

I was just never invited

Selfish bloomin' seppos....

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ameilia

Flatfish

Ameilia

I understand that of those 65 million people, LOTS OF THEM thought they were voting for free healthcare.

Don't know where you heard that crap but nothing is free and most intelligent people know that. Furthermore, I don't remember anyone offering free healthcare. That's not to say that you didn't hear from some propaganda source like Fox News and the Murdoch empire.

Even if that were the case, there was no mistaking the fact that Romney had pledged to repeal it and if that's what the voters wanted, the results would have reflected it, but they don't.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Yeeep. They *thought* it might be free.....

and for good reasons.....

Even as President Obama and his administration are making a last minute push to encourage enrollment in Obamacare, a quiet change was made on the Healthcare.gov website regarding those who will still not be able to afford coverage after the program kicks in. From at least June 26, 2013 to as recently as September 15, under the topic, "Where can I get free or low-cost care in my community?" the following statement appeared: "If you can't afford any health plan, you can get free or low-cost health and dental care at a nearby community health center." Here is how the page in question appeared:

The page in question is not a new one, as the webpage's Internet address remains the same, still containing the word "free": www.healthcare.gov/where-can-i-get-free-or-low-cost-care/. However, there is no notation anywhere on the page that it was revised; the change just appeared unannounced.

Other changes include dropping references to "dental" care and the availability of "prescription drugs," as well as exchanging the phrase "specialized care for more serious conditions" for the milder "referrals to specialized care."

Obamacare Website Quietly Deletes Reference to 'Free Health Care'

Related Thread

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

WTH?

So many people were on the 'marketplace' trying to sign up it crashed the site it's first day. MILLIONS.

Yeah. It's so hated and unwanted that millions were on the site.

It is said "you are what you eat". Well this too holds true for the brain. The information you have is only as reliable as what you study.

You need to change your diet.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

BellaSabre

WTH?

So many people were on the 'marketplace' trying to sign up it crashed the site it's first day. MILLIONS.

It is said "you are what you eat". Well this too holds true for the brain. The information you have is only as reliable as what you study.

I see reddit crashing sites daily with millions of their folks checking out a site. That does not mean all those people are going there to sign up.. more just to check it out.

If 12 million check something out and only 1 million sign up... what would that show you?

Even more than that.. you realize how many people outside of the States probably logged on to see what us "yanks" are talking about.
edit on 2-10-2013 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I just wanted to share this.....About 3 weeks ago, I had the opportunity to chat with my Senator. I asked him the following question: "How can a law go into effect (Obamacare) when nobody supports it?"

His uncomfortable smile and what he didn't say, as well as non-verbal communication, is really what concerned me. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Its complicated". "What's complicated about it?", I asked. "What's so complicated about a medical bill that was shoved down everybody's throat? Everybody, I personally know of, hates the idea of Obamacare! I have not met one person that embraces the concept, or even knows what the hell the "reform" is about in its' entirety."

He looked around the crowded room, took a half step in closer to me, and said "There will be a resistance, they have a larger agenda, and it will be the least of our worries."

"What? What do you mean? Who? And how does this have anything to do with the health care reform?"

"We are working on it. Don't worry."

That was it. He politely excused himself when his staffer returned with a Pepsi. He shook my had, looked me in the eye, and I got the sick feeling in my stomach that things were going to get bad. Really bad. The senator had that look. All of the non verbal cues and communication said it all. He looked me in the eye, as if he said too much. I have known him since he was first running for his first elected position. His look is what made me start to prepare. Prepare for what? I don't know.

I am just doing what I can to prepare. I pray for guidance, and follow my heart. I can't seem to ever contact him by phone. I want more information. I don't think I will ever get any.

This nation is boiling. More and more sheeple are starting to wake up. I can feel it in my gut. Many know that something isn't right.

I am sure that I will get all kinds of hate comments. I am sure that I will be ridiculed. I have wanted to share that, but never knew how or where to add. This seemed like the appropriate thread. Many won't read this....That's ok. Many will make fun....That's ok. Many won't believe me...That's OK.

I always felt a little more awake than those around me my whole adult life. I have always questioned many things in life that others just shrugged off. But that conversation alone......That's what really convinced me that there is a larger agenda, and its not just a wild idea that "some tin foil hat wearing freaks" dreamed up.

My Best to All...

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What else is there to say?

Yes, this is now "law".

This new tax.

Many are saying that we should not fight this new "law". I suppose they felt that way when segregation was law, when gay marriage was illegal, when abortion was illegal.

We should just roll over and "take it". "Deal with it".

(rolling eyes)

When the majority of Americans refuse to participate, who is going to lock us up? Where are they going to put us? How will they fine us when we don't even have ####ing jobs!

This won't end pretty.

But it will end. The sleeping giant has woken.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

charles1952
Dear xuenchen,

You've always been a great conversation starter, thanks for the thread.

I saw an interesting statistic today, more people voted for Romney than like ObamaCare. And I thought Romney was a loser.

Would you check your crystal ball for me? What happens over the next three months?

1) Obama says the plan would have worked had not the Republicans messed with it legislatively, or

2) Obama says the plan would have worked but for the shut down, which is the Republican's fault, or

3) The plan is working just fine, the stories you see in the press are just Republican lies.

4) For some reason the plan needs more money to operate effectively, and the Republicans are blocking it.

Or, some combination of the above?

I would have thought, had I thought about it, that they should have known there would be a rush on the first day. What happened?

With respect,
Charles1952

Thanks Charles._______________

Good Questions.
"" What happens over the next three months? ""

Probably more of what we have seen so far.
Things like the 180 talk from the Administration.
They will continue to blame everybody but the culprits.
We need to remember that 0 Republicans voted for the PPACA.
The Democrats own the thing 100%.

As for the *rush*, sure they knew.
And IMO, they were counting on the dos attacks and massive overloads.
They may have even had *hired* flash mobs (Acorn affiliates are in on the grant money) on the keyboards and phones !!
What better way to fake *popularity* ?
And of course it will backfire as usual.

As more and more people get wise, the actual sign-ups will be nominal IMO.
Especially as people get wise to the fraud and, of course the very high deductibles along with the meaningless tax credits that will do nothing for write offs on your 1040 forms as long as the IRS does nothing about the medical deduction limits on Schedule A (no changes on Sch A that I know of).

Everybody has until March 31st (I think) to 'exchange' your money get *insured*, and then the door closes until next time.

And it seems some long running polls show astounding opposition to ObamaCare in general....

Looks like people have been against this shammy-schlock deal from the beginning !!!

source

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I've checked it out just to look at it (I have never had insurance)..

Some of the numbers must be a little skewed because of people like me.

Plus there is this:

EDIT: 5 minutes and counting.

I am not excited for the future of the US.
edit on 10/2/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

BellaSabre

WTH?

The flash mobs crashed the sights.

IMO on purpose.

Acorn is in on the grant money.

The illusion of high traffic was a ruse to show fake *popularity*

We are in the Facebook/Twitter generation you know !!!

Fake *Likes* reign supreme.

Get It ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join