It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World’s Gentlest Dog Befriends Little Boy With Down Syndrome.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A lovely video of a Labrador and its relationship with a Down Syndrome child that does not like physical contact. The little child keeps pushing the dog away but the dog perseveres and wins a hug off the child over..

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I love Labs. So gentle with kids. I've never seen a grumpy one, ever.

Thanks. That's a wonderful video.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

purplemer
A lovely video of a Labrador and its relationship with a Down Syndrome child that does not like physical contact. The little child keeps pushing the dog away but the dog perseveres and wins a hug off the child over..

I love labs. I also think they are great family pets. They help teach kids emotions from sources other than just human faces, which I think is good for development. We had a few labs growing up and they are faithful family members.

I can't wait to have a house with some land so I can get one again.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
But, but...I don't see the hug

@ 3:15 it looks like he wants to choke the furry companion, not hug him...

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I see a kid p****ed at a dog being dominant while stupid care givers look on filming thinking it's cute...its not. My child is able bodied and even I wouldn't let either of my sprocker spaniels anywhere near that close to her face or body at all ever.

And you can beat the god fearing **** out of them as they were raised with other kids and accidental boots to faces running up stairs etc, ear pulling, grabbing pushing, shoving and they have yet to even growel.

(I don't hit them shout and tap only)

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

michaelmcclen
I see a kid p****ed at a dog being dominant while stupid care givers look on filming thinking it's cute...its not. My child is able bodied and even I wouldn't let either of my sprocker spaniels anywhere near that close to her face or body at all ever.

And you can beat the god fearing **** out of them as they were raised with other kids and accidental boots to faces running up stairs etc, ear pulling, grabbing pushing, shoving and they have yet to even growel.

(I don't hit them shout and tap only)

OI. bloke. its 0654 hrs k time here. So, mate do you have to be so bloody grumpy in the morning.
Star-ruth who rained on your parade.
See the humour. dog reaches out to kid with paw. kid picks up paw. dog to kid. listen bloke i'll be yer mate, you don't have to go through this crap on your own.
kid grabs dogs nose and checks it out. ok but you cant have a runny nose, cause mum will cut crook. dog places paw on kids shoulder. no sweat cobs.
But I require a slice of toast each day. ok. and for that I will teach you to dig holes in mums flower garden and pee on the tyres/tires of your old mans chevvy. kid replies. cool. second hand shake.
besides man and dog have lived side by side for a looong time now and as with horses there is more chance of the dog getting sick from you that the other way round. also. contact with dirt, dogs etc helps kids develop much needed anti bodies to germs

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

MadHatter364
But, but...I don't see the hug

@ 3:15 it looks like he wants to choke the furry companion, not hug him...

lol i saw that as a hug...tis nice interaction either way.. Dogs and kids are very similar.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

seagull

I've always been slightly leery of labs as a pet of my aunts ripped my grandmothers arm to shreds, needed 50+ stitches to repair (she did put her arm in the food bowl as he was eating, BIG mistake to any animal)

But this vid is lovely. when he puts his paw on the boys shoulder. Too sweet. DS kids are just beautiful little souls.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

seagull

My disabled uncle replaced his much hated Rotty with a golden lab. The rotty was just nasty and violent. The lab....well, if you go into the house or yard without him around, its not gonna be pretty. But when he is present, her territorialism subsides and she is just a playful goof. She is huge, so the message is clear to me.

This video....it is why i am a dog lover. Truly, truly among the most noble creatures to ever exist. Ill take a turd eating, butt licking dog any day over the average human.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Flamin' drongos aye !

I feel bad for labs. They are such gentle souls and do so much. I see them all the time as guide dogs and you just wanna hug the poor little thing, but youi're not allowed to as they're performing a service in that capacity and are trained. But you just want to..

I hope they get the attention they deserve from their human.. sometimes I wonder. Not every human has that empathy even if they're disabled or blind.

Grew up with a lab, poor old girl had to suffer the agony of a child like me for so many years.. And did it with a wagging tail. bless them all.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

That kid was not trying to hug that dog. He was getting frustrated with it.

The kid is adorable and the dog is just too cute.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by pronto

Flamin' drongos aye !

I feel bad for labs. They are such gentle souls and do so much. I see them all the time as guide dogs and you just wanna hug the poor little thing, but youi're not allowed to as they're performing a service in that capacity and are trained. But you just want to..

I hope they get the attention they deserve from their human.. sometimes I wonder. Not every human has that empathy even if they're disabled or blind.

Grew up with a lab, poor old girl had to suffer the agony of a child like me for so many years.. And did it with a wagging tail. bless them all.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

winofiend
reply to post by pronto

Flamin' drongos aye !

G.day mate and oh bother. I stuffed up. not to worry.
yep read u lima Charlie on labs. we had black labs in the army. sniffers damn they were good. I watched the nipper with the lab and I thought wow no wonder GOD put dogs on this planet the dog reached out to the nipper. seen this kind of interaction before. the wench runs a school for handicapped kids. Mate I might be a grumpy old digger, but my heart goes out to these nippers.
comment from my long passed on grandmother comes to mind. There But For The Grace Of GOD Go I.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

pronto

winofiend
reply to post by pronto

Flamin' drongos aye !

yep read u lima Charlie on labs. we had black labs in the army. sniffers damn they were good. I watched the nipper with the lab and I thought wow no wonder GOD put dogs on this planet the dog reached out to the nipper. seen this kind of interaction before. the wench runs a school for handicapped kids. Mate I might be a grumpy old digger, but my heart goes out to these nippers.
comment from my long passed on grandmother comes to mind. There But For The Grace Of GOD Go I.

I recognize that as English-like....but I didn't understand a word of it. Other than your wise old grandmothers quote.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

pronto

They're definitly gentle, I can imagine the kids taking to them!
They say the same about dolphins, they're good with handicapped kids and the elderly, who seem to come to life around them.. lol or they're going "Why am I standing in the ocean now??" as they become lucid for a moment

DIdn't realise they had 'em in the army. I always assume alsations were the woofy of choice.

Ahh don't mind being grumpy, I'm the grumpy one around here.. haha, so the notion goes.. give 'em curry once in a while, it keeps 'em on their toes, I rekon..

I'm really a misguided hippie with a really big spoon.

edit on 2-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

Then I prey you never have to have your dog put down after it snaps at a child. I had a 7 year old black Lab called Morph. My first ever dog. It had to be put down after it snapped and bit the eyebrow of another child when I was out walking it at the age of 8 or 9. My parents where irresponsible to let me out with something that can cause harm to another when I don't have the strength to contain it or understand what it can do!

Even the most friendliest dog with no signs of nasty behavior can turn in a millisecond, go read about rage syndrome in Springers, which as I said mine are a mix of.

I am a responsible dog owner,

2 males, both

castrated,
chipped,
Fully insured,
fully wormed, fea dipped and vaccinated every year (dec for vacs both born on 10th Sept)
Taxed and registered with my local council
shaved every 3 month
Their food bill is £30 every 24 days
They sleep in the kitchen

Both trained gun dogs that walk to heal, retrieve water or land raised with other kids while pus and young.

And I still would not trust them anywhere near a child that close and the paw going up is not cute, dogs have CLAWS they scrape!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

pronto

winofiend
reply to post by pronto

Flamin' drongos aye !

I recognize that as English-like....but I didn't understand a word of it. Other than your wise old grandmothers quote.
G,day = owyergoinmate = how are you going mate. a greeting = hello
read u lima Charlie = read you loud and clear
sniffers = Australian army tracker dogs
nipper = child/rugrat/ankle bitter
wench = lovely old English word for female
digger = Australian soldier
Ques. hope that helps mate

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

G,day mate. I have prob. had to put down/shoot more dogs and cats than you have had. in the country we put down our old, sick and troppo/mad dogs ourselves.. ive had 2 dogs turn on people and promptly shot both. sounds like you have issues with dogs. so I will suggest to you that you relax, see the good and enjoy it whilst you can .
dogs and horses are used here in aussie with handicapped children a lot and with very good results
remember there are prob. more two legged dogs out there than dogs that are dogs.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

seagull

My disabled uncle replaced his much hated Rotty with a golden lab. The rotty was just nasty and violent. The lab....well, if you go into the house or yard without him around, its not gonna be pretty. But when he is present, her territorialism subsides and she is just a playful goof. She is huge, so the message is clear to me.

This video....it is why i am a dog lover. Truly, truly among the most noble creatures to ever exist. Ill take a turd eating, butt licking dog any day over the average human.

Agreed. It's why dog spelled backwards is.....god. And like God, they love you no matter what! Great video!

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

gwynned

bigfatfurrytexan

seagull

Agreed. It's why dog spelled backwards is.....god. And like God, they love you no matter what! Great video!

G,day mate. I really like what you said and if you don't mind I will borrow and use your comment. thankyou

<<   2 >>

join