It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study raises red flag for universal flu vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
NOTE: The red flag applies to regular vaccines too.

The research describes a phenomenon in which vaccination against one strain of flu actually seems to raise the risk of severe infection following exposure to a related but different strain, an effect called vaccine-associ ated enhanced respiratory disease. …

… the finding is reminiscent of something that was observed in people in Canada during the 2009 H1N1 pandemic.

Dr. Danuta Skowronski, a flu expert at the B.C. Centre for Disease Control in Vancouver, spotted a surprising and unsettling trend when she looked at data on people in British Columbia who contracted H1N1 in the spring and summer of 2009. People who had received a seasonal flu shot the previous autumn were more likely to contract the new pandemic strain.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yet another good reason to NOT get the flu shot!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Staroth

Sorry my friend but the Dutch have thought of you too. They genetically mutated avian influenza in a laboratory in Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam. This was to make it more contagious and according to some sources they have enough to kill at least half the planet or something ridiculous like that. Flu shot, no flu shot, they can get us all!

Sorry, didn't wanna rain on yer fire but its better to know, right?

Link to NYTimes printed article
edit on 1/10/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

saw on the local news this morning the health dept is happily going into schools in Springfield mo to give flu vaccines to the children, after the parents permission they will give the choice of either a shot or the nasal type vaccine.

This supposedly will reduce the flu season this year in public schools. Do not know any details as it was pushed like free tickets to Disneyland and a wonderful new idea to Help people stay well.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My hit was that this will open their immune systems or tear them down for the next pandemic which will help get obama care off on the right track. I fear this is going to be a forced or face the wrath of social movement. To deny it will be treason.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Sorry but your youtube film is not working but if you remove everything from before the = character, then it will. I lol'd but then I am not Dutch....that costs serious money (changing an English passport to a Dutch one). And besides, I'd still have the heavy English accent despite my proficiency in their language!

ETA Just in case any Dutch are reading this and feel offended, I state categorically and explicitly for all the world to see that I have been a guest in your country (via an EU approved member state!) as a "gastarbeider" (guest worker) and have a "verblifsvergunning" (work permit) also for the last 20+ years. This is the nicest place I lived and I love you all, kay?
I ain't never going back! You'll never take me alive, etc, etc...
And I speako die lingo. Fluent, with a heavy accent dependant on how drunk I am of course, cos after a while my mouth muscles refuse to cooperate. Then I switch to English, my friends keep talking Dutch and all is fine. we can all understand each other only my Dutch speaking capability has been removed. It sounds all aaargh en uurrgh, roughly speaking. Thank you for your attention. Garbage technician 76324 signing out!
edit on 1/10/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA Additional:

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
News article lacks a lot information i would like to know like how many did inteed take flu vaccine in previous year of H1N1 and how many of those had reduced immune system at the first place. Flu vaccine is recommened yearly to those who has immune disorders like diabetes type 1 and asthma etc and when H1N1 was punishing the world it was obvious that those with reduced immune system would gain the H1N1 easier than others regardless was there flu shots earlier year or not as these people are always at risk of getting them.

What comes to general flu shots to healthy people i wonder what are the real statistics there. Also the article says that they used whole dead viruses to piglets and the flu shots to humans contained only parts of dead virus not whole. What comes to animal testing and embedding those results as facts to humans lacks the solid base. Animal testing vs human there is a lot of piglets and lab mice which have been cured from diabetes type 1 but amazinly none of those cures have cured a human diabetes type 1. So im only saying testing with animals do not tell the whole picture.

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Oh where's the ATS member who said he worked as a quality control agent for flu vaccines now? He was soooo sure of himself that they were sooooooooo safe. Guess he didn't know everything!

posted on Oct, 1 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I haven't taken any vaccine since I was a child and had no choice. With that said I have been over 20 years without vaccines and have not been sick more than a three times in that 20 years.....Vaccines are not needed period.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

GuidedKill
I haven't taken any vaccine since I was a child and had no choice. With that said I have been over 20 years without vaccines and have not been sick more than a three times in that 20 years.....Vaccines are not needed period.

What about the rest of the population who don't have your stellar immune system?

Vaccines aren't just for your selfish ass alone. They are to help protect those members of society who are very young, very old, or otherwise less than perfectly healthy.

It isn't just about one person not getting sick.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

ZeroReady

GuidedKill

What about the rest of the population who don't have your stellar immune system?

I haven't had a vaccine since a was a child either and I can't remember the last time I was sick. Perhaps the point being made by GuidedKill is that vaccines might be causing our immune systems to become weaker in the first place, as this research suggests.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Also, the point being that those of us who are not genetically weak links should not be forced to take the vaccines if we don't want them. Neither should our children be forced to take them in order to attend school.

People are having their kids removed from their custody by CPS for not getting vaccines or refusing the flu shot.

Essentially it is tyranny and govt. sponsored terror for the purpose of generating wealth for pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

RE:

..."genetically weak links " ...

FYI - The new deadly flu's kill people with the strongest immune systems - the young and healthy. Analysis suggests that the "genetically strong" (and pure) are least able to adapt to environmental change.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Vaccines ...are to help protect those members of society who are very young, very old, or otherwise less than perfectly healthy.

The new deadly flu's kill people with the strongest immune systems - the young and healthy. Analysis suggests that the "genetically strong" (and pure) are least able to adapt to environmental change. ...Bird flu and swine flu tend to kill young people with "strong" immune systems - these viruses use the immune system to get around the body, and turn it against itself, just like prions. So in this case, "better" isn't better.

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for many of the deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed a disproportionate number of young adults.[1] In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset. Preliminary research results from Hong Kong also indicated this as the probable reason for many deaths during the SARS epidemic in 2003.[8] Human deaths from the bird flu H5N1 usually involve cytokine storms as well.[9] Recent reports of high mortality among healthy young adults in the 2009 swine flu outbreak has led to speculation that cytokine storms could be responsible for these deaths, since the Swine Flu results from the same influenza strain as the Spanish Flu of 1918.[10]

Also - many studies show that mild flu infections confer immunity to a broad range of strains, old and new, while vaccines do not. For example (2011):

A new Dutch study shows that flu vaccines prevent children from building their natural immunity, specifically to other flu viruses. By comparison, a natural infection induces cross-immunity. This means that regularly vaccinated kids are sitting ducks in a pandemic - because they haven't built up their immunity.

Bird Flu Vaccine Spurs Virus Evolution

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Mmmm hmmm. Our governments have no other defence in their arsenal - and they don't want people dropping like flies. Unfortunately, tptb don't want us to pick up the tab for survivors who (predictably) develop 'chronic disease' either. And too many tools honestly think sickness represents 'genetic weakness' rather than an essential step in the evolutionary process - and that 'good health' results from 'good stock' rather than a lack of exposure, when in fact, the 'healthy unexposed' tend to drop dead on the slightest exposure. Which will occur eventually.

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I had the swine flu in July 2009, after getting a flu shot the previous flu season. Then had to get the swine flu vaccine a few weeks later, for some reason.

Obviously, I didn't die. Neither did any of the hundreds of other healthy young adults who got it that I was around.

But then, I'm no epidemiologist. I have to base my opinion on things I can observe myself.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Not sure what point you're making. The subject is immunity - how is it relevant that you didn't die from your vaccine?

new topics

top topics

join